PDA

View Full Version : Another Moolarkey bumble

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2005, 03:09 PM
"The Bills have been outscored 103-32 overall in the final 15 minutes. Many observers feel coach Mike Mularkey's demotion of long-time strength and conditioning coach Rusty Jones last year has a lot to do with Buffalo's fourth-quarter collapses. Jones resigned and joined the Chicago Bears, who are 9-4 and lead the NFC North."

The list just keeps getting longer....

AndreReed83
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Not too mention the entire coaching staff coaches scared in the 4th quater.

Lexwhat
12-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Is that really true? I thought Rusty Jones got PROMOTED? But he decided to go to Chicago instead for strength and conditioning coach on their team.

I could be wrong though.

Lexwhat
12-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Actually, Rusty Jones did get "promoted." But maybe it was against his wishes. Perhaps that's why he left for Chicago.

"The Bills also promoted strength and conditioning coordinator Rusty Jones to director of physical development."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7040970

Cynical, just wondering where you that blurb from? I wanna see the whole article (if there is one).

RedEyE
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
103-32?!! That's ****ing disgusting! He should be fired on that statistic alone.

Devin
12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Just another brilliant move of this regime.

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm not exactly an expert on healthy eating, but I think feeding those fatsos Cheeseburgers before games probably doesn't really help them in the 4th quarter.

feelthepain
12-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Just another brilliant move of this regime.

Promoting coaches that deserve to be promoted is dumb to you?? Mabye he went to Chicago because there was more talent to work with there.

feelthepain
12-14-2005, 09:38 PM
103-32?!! That's ****ing disgusting! He should be fired on that statistic alone.

Do you think the Bills talent is what it should be for the results to be different?? Sounds to me like the DC is in need of upgrading.

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Cynical, just wondering where you that blurb from? I wanna see the whole article (if there is one).

It was on Fox Sports site...

mysticsoto
12-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Promoting coaches that deserve to be promoted is dumb to you?? Mabye he went to Chicago because there was more talent to work with there.

I got the impression that he didn't want to be promoted. He liked working with the players - which is what he went to do in Chicago. Mularkey promoted him so he could bring in his own man and have him do all the training and conditioning work with the players. Rusty was pushed out/promoted to "manage" and handle the paperwork...that's why he left.

madness
12-15-2005, 10:05 AM
I got the impression that he didn't want to be promoted. He liked working with the players - which is what he went to do in Chicago. Mularkey promoted him so he could bring in his own man and have him do all the training and conditioning work with the players. Rusty was pushed out/promoted to "manage" and handle the paperwork...that's why he left.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

I feel this may have been his biggest mistake. The Bills conditioning looks terrible compared to last year. Not to mention how well conditioned Chicago has looked this year.

dannyek71
12-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm not exactly an expert on healthy eating, but I think feeding those fatsos Cheeseburgers before games probably doesn't really help them in the 4th quarter.

I think most people would agree with you.

Mitchy moo
12-15-2005, 11:09 AM

It's probably closer to a lack of adjustments, which is a major coaching issue.

AndreReed83
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Do you think the Bills talent is what it should be for the results to be different?? Sounds to me like the DC is in need of upgrading.

Or maybe 2 out of every 3 plays in the fourth quater shouldn't passes. ESPECIALLY with the lead.

ddaryl
12-16-2005, 05:44 AM

Rusty Jones was promoted in an effort to move him out of th eposition he loved and was great at. The word "promotion" was used here to make Rusty feel better about the position this regime was goin gto force him to take, so they could insert there own guy.

Yes what the Bills did to Rusty Jones was give him a title and modest pay raise and a job that kept him from having a hands on approach he enjoyed with the players.

Make no mistakeabout it, the Bills are definitely a much worse off team now that they've managed to allienate Rusty Jones. It has some to do with talent, but much more to do with conditioning IMO.

Lexwhat
12-16-2005, 10:09 AM

I never really realized that. I remmeber when he got promoted I didn't think too much of it. I thought that he would still play a big role in strength and conditioning, but I guess I was mistaken.

By the way, who's the strength and conditioning coach we have now?

madness
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD align=middle width="33%">http://www.buffalobills.com/uploads/coaches/4E1234D564C34BCF8DF347E5332C90ED.jpg (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=12)

</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">

</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="33%">Brad Roll (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=12)
Strength & Conditioning
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kerr
12-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Another brilliant move by the coaching staff.