PDA

View Full Version : Penguins Fire Head Coach and Assistants

JD
12-14-2005, 11:46 PM
In the wake of last night's 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues, the Pittsburgh Penguins have fired head coach Ed Olczyk and his assistants, Joe Mullen and Randy Hillier.

Michel Therrien, who had been coaching the Penguins AHL farm team in Wilkes-Barre, will take over the coaching duties. Sources told TSN that Therrien's entire staff at Wilkes-Barre will join the big club.

An official announcement is expected on Thursday, and Therrien will lead the team's practice.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146965&hubname=

SkateZilla
12-15-2005, 12:37 AM
great, wilkesbarre is like 20-1-4

Bill Brasky
12-15-2005, 02:13 AM
man, the pens are falling apart... at the same time, relocation rumors are getting more and more!

wtf happened to that franchise?!

Myers57
12-15-2005, 02:28 AM
wheres lemieux when you need him?

oh yea, hes telling them the teams moving i forgot

SkateZilla
12-15-2005, 06:12 AM
man, the pens are falling apart... at the same time, relocation rumors are getting more and more!

wtf happened to that franchise?!

as my brother would say, they are suffering from post kasperitis syndrome,

he still rants over him throwing the puck over the glass in teh playoffs.. haha i think it was 2000

pyrrhonist
12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
This news is no surprise, but lame.

It's always the coach's fault that his millionaire players aren't playing as well as they are capable of. :rolleyes:

There is no excuse for the lack of goal scoring in Pittsburgh. The defense sucks, we can all agree on that, but the goal scoring.....

Furback
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Eddie O is a creep show I hope he never coaches in the NHL again.