PDA

View Full Version : Bills Pro Bowlers...

FlyingDutchman
12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
I just got to thinkin, who on the Bills would make the Pro Bowl, and for the life of me, i cant think of any. Do we have anyone that deserves to go the Pro Bowl? I think Moorman should make it (he should make it every year), but after that, I cant think of any.....Mcgee??...maybe?...damn it would be sad if we had no Pro Bowlers or if our punter was our only one...:teary:

RedEyE
12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
London Fletcher, Aaron Schobel and Moorman have all been bright spots this year. Fletcher has been overlooked for years.

feelthepain
12-15-2005, 01:26 AM
London Fletcher, Aaron Schobel and Moorman have all been bright spots this year. Fletcher has been overlooked for years.

Yes, but are they probowlers?? It's tough to give probowl selections to players from a team thats having the kind of season the Bill's are. A player would have to be playing lights out and be on about three Monday or Sunday night games to make a probowl with a team like the Bills this year.

The_Philster
12-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Schobel's a bright spot..but I don't think enough of one to merit a trip to Hawaii...Fletcher on the other hand deserves one

SquishDaFish
12-15-2005, 07:18 AM
You dont have to be on Sunday or Monday nights to make a probowl. I say we have 2 and 2 only Flecther and Moorman

jamze132
12-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Fletcher is 2nd in tackles only to Vilma and tied for the lead in sacks for middle linebackers. How does he not get serious considerment for the a trip to Hawaii?

The King
12-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Fletcher is always snubbed by the fan favorite Ray Lewis, I think he out played Ray both last and this year. He has earned a trip to Hawaii

Michael82
12-15-2005, 07:55 AM
London Fletcher deserves to be there this year. He had a great season. :bf1:

Buckets
12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
How about McGee for ST?

BillsFever21
12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Schobel and Fletcher are the only ones who deserve to go.

For all the people who ***** about these two they always produce. Schobel quietly has over 10 sacks and Fletcher is up there in tackles.

Schobel produces every year but you never hear of him. I know he's not better then Freeney, but he has .5 more sacks right now then him and he's 7th in the league in sacks.

BAM
12-15-2005, 08:11 AM
I don't think anyone should go.

mysticsoto
12-15-2005, 08:11 AM
How about McGee for ST?

McGee definitely deserves to go!!!

dannyek71
12-15-2005, 08:20 AM
mcgee leads the afc in KR

gr8slayer
12-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes, but are they probowlers?? It's tough to give probowl selections to players from a team thats having the kind of season the Bill's are. A player would have to be playing lights out and be on about three Monday or Sunday night games to make a probowl with a team like the Bills this year.
haha. And the Dolphins are some how a bright spot? Get real fool.

eyedog
12-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Only Moorman or McGee deserves it.
Fletcher has big tackle numbers and brings it every week but he isn't a pro bowl lb.
At least he brings it, more than you can say for most of this team.

ajsdx
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
i'm with BAM on this one.

Pride
12-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Please tell me why you people think Fletcher deserves to go!

Sure, he has a ton of tackles... but 90% of them are 5-10 yards downfield. IMO he is NOT an elite MLB. He can't shed blocks... you get a body on him, and he is making shoestring tackles where the back is falling forward for a gain of 8. That isnt good in my book!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I voted for Fletcher, Moorman, :scared: Lindell he's been a good K this yr. especially with a 54 yder in the Jets game and a 51 yder in the Oakland game I might have those two numbers reversed.

The King
12-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Please tell me why you people think Fletcher deserves to go!

Sure, he has a ton of tackles... but 90% of them are 5-10 yards downfield. IMO he is NOT an elite MLB. He can't shed blocks... you get a body on him, and he is making shoestring tackles where the back is falling forward for a gain of 8. That isnt good in my book!

I was waiting for you to chime in...

90% of Fletch's tackles are first contact, RB's do not even get touched at the line, he doesnt have the size to completely swallow guys like Urlacher and Lewis. He is involved in every play and bails out the LB's and S's on a regular basis.

Pride
12-15-2005, 09:23 AM
My issue isnt that his tackles arent first contact... the problem is, he is usually pushed 6 yards deep by the Center or Guard... so his first contact is 6 yards deep.

A MLB's first contact should be 1 yard off the line of scrimmage... not 6 yards off of it... that is Strong Safety Territory.

The King
12-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Right, but when the interior line is being slapped around like rag dolls, what the hell is there to do. I dont think we have have one sack up the middle all year.

Jeff1220
12-15-2005, 09:30 AM
McGee definitely. Maybe Schoebel and Fletcher.

Even though TM hasn't broken one for a TD this year, he always gives the O good field position and leads the conference in KR.
I agree that Fletcher is often overlooked, but I really don't know if he's PB worthy - I say PB alternate.
Schoebel is a real possibility. He takes a lot of criticism for a very solid DE. He does get pressure on a consistant basis and has good sack #s. He also never gives up on a play. On quite a few occasions this year I saw a RB or WR make a big gain down the field, only to see AS come out of nowhere to make the tackle from behind. He will probably be overlooked, but I think he's worthy this year.

The_Philster
12-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Right, but when the interior line is being slapped around like rag dolls, what the hell is there to do. I dont think we have have one sack up the middle all year.no doubt...how does one expect a LB to get to the LOS when the DTs are practically being thrown at him right after the snap?

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2005, 11:30 AM
The kick/punt coverage team has been awesome this year, maybe tops in the league, and Sam Aiken has been consistently getting down field. If he has a couple more seasons on this team like this one and learns how to do backflips.....

DynaPaul
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Fletcher and McGee are my picks, they've both been outstanding this year. Sadly, Moorman will not go since he is not the top rated punter in the AFC. (Though he is a DAMN good punter!)