PDA

View Full Version : Bills SHuffling Away from Buffalo (to LA?!)

Jimbuktu
12-15-2005, 03:08 PM
This may be one of the saddest things I have ever read about ... what will you guys do if they leave? I dunno if I could root for them if they moved to a place like LA ... it would depend upon the city i guess ... if they did move to LA, i would send applications for fanship to the other 31 teams ...

anyways, check out the article

http://zubazpants.com/articles/current/lucinski15.html

it's from my website, our resident bills writer ... lemme know what ya think

Devin
12-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Christ that really is depressing.

RedEyE
12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm sliting my wrists as we speak.

dolphinssuck
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
VERY DEPRESSING :cry: !

HugeFinFan
12-15-2005, 04:09 PM
:violin:

fushetti
12-15-2005, 04:30 PM
When I think of Rich Stadium, I do not think old....
Its not in bad shape...and has been renovated many times. It has the luxury boxes and the club seats. Its not like we have the Minnesota Metrodome or the RCA Dome and are limited by a roof.

The Bills aren't going anywhere anytime soon... so relax.

feelthepain
12-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I hate the Bills with a passion, but I wouldn't want them to leave. They are a big part of the division and should reamin in Buffalo forever IMO. I feel for the fans if they move.

Devin
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
I hate the Bills with a passion, but I wouldn't want them to leave. They are a big part of the division and should reamin in Buffalo forever IMO. I feel for the fans if they move.

:bf1:

Mitchy moo
12-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Not going to happen.

dolphinssuck
12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I hate the Bills with a passion, but I wouldn't want them to leave. They are a big part of the division and should reamin in Buffalo forever IMO. I feel for the fans if they move.:goodpost:

Devin
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
For those of you who say it isnt going to happen (god knows I hope your right) what exactly do you think is going to happen when Ralph passes away?

Are there a lot of Billionaires in Buffalo?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I repeat and I repeat again ERIE COUNTY WILL FIND A WAY TO KEEP THE BILLS IN WNY.

Devin
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I repeat and I repeat again ERIE COUNTY WILL FIND A WAY TO KEEP THE BILLS IN WNY.

Phew now I am much more at ease.

Erie counties vaults are over flowing with cash to the point they can dish out in the area of 600-700mil?

Cool!

BAM
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd hope it would never come to this, but Baltimore isn't far away. Neither is Pittsburgh or Philly. Definitely not the Redskins. HELL NO! I'm kind of right in the middle of all of them, so I have options!

Devin
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Dont get me wrong i never want to see the Bills move, but since it is a very believable scenario, I am just curious what peoples solutions to this may be.

im4bflo
12-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Dont get me wrong i never want to see the Bills move, but since it is a very believable scenario, I am just curious what peoples solutions to this may be.
Living in the LA area now (Niagara Falls native), so it wouldn't have me commiting suicide, but they better never leave BUFFALO anyway.
I saw what it does to the diehard fans, watching the fans here lose it, when the Rams left. It's not pretty.
Without Buffalo, my heart would never be into it the same.
If I missed Sundays games, it wouldn't bother me, now, I DON'T MISS GAMES,
I can't remember ever missing a game, and everybody I know, knows it.
I schedule everything around that years schedule, and everyone I know never schedules anything on a gameday, if they want me to be there.
That's just the way it's been for 45 yrs.
I do Billieve that in some way, the BILLS will be in Buffalo forever.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
This article is all heresay and Bull****! Same things we have been hearing for freaking years. Until Ralph Dies I am not going to worry about it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
For those of you who say it isnt going to happen (god knows I hope your right) what exactly do you think is going to happen when Ralph passes away?

You may not believe it Devin but there is a lot of money in Buffalo. Old money. Some very rich people. I could easily see Golisano taking a shot at it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Agreed. There has already been a lot of talk of building a Down town Stadium by the newly elected Mayor as part of the new waterfront project.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:23 PM
I swear to God if the Bills leave I would never watch another NFL game and would hope that the former Bills never won another game.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
The guy lives in DC what does he know?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
You may not believe it Devin but there is a lot of money in Buffalo. Old money. Some very rich people. I could easily see Golisano taking a shot at it.
oh god! Who's the owner who owns the Bisons can't think of his name somebody help me out here but he's got money his name has been thrown around many times as buying the BILLS after Ralph :dead: dies

Devin
I hope your right Thurm. I, like you, dont worry about it to much. Until Ralph passes away it isnt much of a thought. But I always hear about this Western NY drought money wise, so I am simply curious as to what feasable options there are keep them. I dont believe Erie county would have to much say in it anyway, apart from making it somewhat, and I do stress somewhat, difficult to leave they cant block it or buy the team.

I dont know much about wealthy businessmen in the area so I dont know who could afford it. With a price tag of 600-700 mil I suspect that narrows it down quiet a bit.

THATHURMANATOR
Bob Rich

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Erie County would have a huge say in it. Building a new stadium would assure them to stay. I really can't see the NFL wanting to move the Bills to LA. New Oleans will be there way before the Bills.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I was a Browns fan until they left Cleveland. I already went through this once, if I go through it with the Bills, I'm done watching NFL football forever.

Devin
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Erie County would have a huge say in it. Building a new stadium would assure them to stay. I really can't see the NFL wanting to move the Bills to LA. New Oleans will be there way before the Bills.

But the central issue isnt a stadium. The central issue is Ralphs daughters presumably not wanting the team. So its moreso an issue of someone simply being able to buy the team. While a stadium may help, it doesnt seem to be the main issue.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:42 PM
But in the process of building a new stadium a renagotiation of the lease would take place.

Devin
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Assuming all that happens before Ralph bites it sure.

If not, an owner would still have to be found.

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
dont worry Thurm I would treat you to my luxury box in the L.A. Coliseum when the Bills move her and you can get drunk

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I would be rooting against the Bills that is for sure Playa!

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 07:49 PM
the City of Champions will Welcome a new NFL team soon, the LA Coliseum is going to be renovated in the next year or so

ArcticWildMan
12-15-2005, 07:50 PM
All Ralphie has to do is live 3 more years and we should be safe. LA will have a team by then.

Devin
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
lets hope so.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Ralph will make 100 mark my words! He is a healthy 86 year old!

RedEyE
12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I can't wait until he fires Donahoe and Mularkey. That will instantly add 10 years to his life.

Devin
12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
:up:

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 07:55 PM
being healthy has nothing to do when you die

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
It does help though playa!

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
It really does bother me that there is even talk of the Bills moving from a football crazed city who has loved the Bills for over 40 years and is selling out games even after not making the playoffs for 6 straight years. Especially if they move to LA where the fanbase is more worried about the next movie premier than the Football(it has already been proven twice) It just goes to show that it is all about greed. 708 million dollars is a HELL of a lot of money, especially in Buffalo. I would be inconsolable if this ever does happen.

The_Philster
12-15-2005, 08:14 PM
If it does happen, I'll never spend another red cent on the NFL again and will only have a light rooting interst in Cleveland

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 08:16 PM
I remember when the Browns moved. I had 3 friends in College from Cleveland. Saddest thing I had seen in awhile. Even all the Pittsburgh fans were sad to lose the rivalry...

The_Philster
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
I remember when the Browns moved. I had 3 friends in College from Cleveland. Saddest thing I had seen in awhile. Even all the Pittsburgh fans were sad to lose the rivalry...Helmetguy and I have a buddy who was a big Browns fan...he became a Bills fan for 3 years..HG even got him a hat that said he was Bills property...so even though he has his Browns back, he's still rooting for the Bills whenever we don't play each other

ArcticWildMan
12-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I agree Thurm. If Buffalo loses it's team I will probably stop watching the NFL. It just wouldn't be the same anymore.

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I hate the LA fan base cant support NFL football know the facts before making a statement like that without knowing the facts

BrunnyJ
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm Miles away in Australia, so I have no link to the city of Buffalo what so ever. But if The Bills moved from Buffalo I would not follow them, would not follow another team. I grew up following the Buffalo Bills and thats that!!!!

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I hate the LA fan base cant support NFL football know the facts before making a statement like that without knowing the facts

Exactly. I think. Anyway, these threads come up now and again and none of them have any substance to them. The article referenced at the start, which everyone has probably ignored for awhile now, has absolutely no substance. If anyone reads Forbes magazine you'll quickly learn that the Bills are a very profitable team. Yes, they're ranked 25th in revenue but that's like saying Buffalo is the 225th warmest city in the country. It is what it is.
As far as revenue goes, someone will always be ranked 25th, someone will always be ranked 1st, someone will always be ranked 32nd. In a revenue sharing league, as long as your making money, which Ralph is doing very well at, these stats are virtually useless.
In addition, there's a huge disparity between the top 10 teams and the "bottom" 22 teams. The top 10 are all big market teams while the bottom 22 are all mid-small market teams. Mentality is the major descrepancy. ie, Dan Snyder puts himself before the league, Ralph Wilson puts the league before himself because that's the only way he'll survive in a "bottom 22 market".
The Bills, and many other team's future lies in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. It needs to be very similar to what it is now for the "bottom 22" to compete. Otherwise, the NFL will become the NHL of 2004 because the cap is becoming an increasing non-factor.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-15-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm Miles away in Australia, so I have no link to the city of Buffalo what so ever. But if The Bills moved from Buffalo I would not follow them, would not follow another team. I grew up following the Buffalo Bills and thats that!!!!

Have you ever dined in a den in Bombay?

Devin
12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
It really does bother me that there is even talk of the Bills moving from a football crazed city who has loved the Bills for over 40 years and is selling out games even after not making the playoffs for 6 straight years. Especially if they move to LA where the fanbase is more worried about the next movie premier than the Football(it has already been proven twice) It just goes to show that it is all about greed. 708 million dollars is a HELL of a lot of money, especially in Buffalo. I would be inconsolable if this ever does happen.

Cleveland was the same way :( Unfortunatley in the NFL fan base doesnt appear to matter much.

Devin
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Exactly. I think. Anyway, these threads come up now and again and none of them have any substance to them. The article referenced at the start, which everyone has probably ignored for awhile now, has absolutely no substance. If anyone reads Forbes magazine you'll quickly learn that the Bills are a very profitable team. Yes, they're ranked 25th in revenue but that's like saying Buffalo is the 225th warmest city in the country. It is what it is.
As far as revenue goes, someone will always be ranked 25th, someone will always be ranked 1st, someone will always be ranked 32nd. In a revenue sharing league, as long as your making money, which Ralph is doing very well at, these stats are virtually useless.
In addition, there's a huge disparity between the top 10 teams and the "bottom" 22 teams. The top 10 are all big market teams while the bottom 22 are all mid-small market teams. Mentality is the major descrepancy. ie, Dan Snyder puts himself before the league, Ralph Wilson puts the league before himself because that's the only way he'll survive in a "bottom 22 market".
The Bills, and many other team's future lies in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. It needs to be very similar to what it is now for the "bottom 22" to compete. Otherwise, the NFL will become the NHL of 2004 because the cap is becoming an increasing non-factor.

Currently the debate is not about market, money or a stadium.

The debate has always been the same, Ralph passes away and presumably leaves the Bills to his daughter/s. They have no interest in running an NFL team. They wish to sell, the market for buyers in western NY is limited to a handful.

The diuscussion is more along the lines of what is feasible ownership wise. If the owner/s want to move this team they will. That part shouldnt even be debated.

BrunnyJ
12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Have you ever dined in a den in Bombay?

No, but I am smiling and offering you a Vegimite sandwich. Also our women glow and our men chunder

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
They have lost 2 teams already. What other facts are there? Yes there were some outside factors to this but with LA being 15 times the size of Buffalo if there was passion in the city for the team there is no reason the 2nd largest TV market should ever lose a team. Would a team that moved to LA do well? How could they not at this point, But it would just sicken me that what is supposed to be a greatest game in the US would be such a business.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Cleveland was the same way :( Unfortunatley in the NFL fan base doesnt appear to matter much.
To be completely honest I think the NFL realized they made a mistake in Cleveland. Why do you think they awarded them a new team so quickly?

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 10:11 PM
was not because of a lack of support or a lack of a fan base Thurm it was because of the greed of 2 people never had anything to do with lack of support from the fans

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 10:13 PM
DON'T TAKE OUR BILLS PLAYA!!! ITS ALL WE HAVE!!!! :(

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I wont take them LOL

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Thank you!

Take the fricken Cardinals or something!

L.A. Playa
12-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I want an expansion team screw the Cardinals

BrunnyJ
12-15-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm not from the US so I do miss alot of the ins and out of the politics of the NFL, How are the Jets going compared to the Giants? Wouldn't they be more likley to move rather than the Bills?

paladin warrior
12-15-2005, 11:47 PM
NO I don't think so. Bills love to play in heavey snow. Real Buffalo like in very cold area. But L.A not too cold. L.a Temp 44 and Never snow In L.A for 100 million ago

BillsPride12
12-16-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't think it would happen but it would suck taking our beloved team from a fanbase filled with a bunch of blue collar passionate football fans :barney: :moe:

to a stupid glamour and glitz town that would care more about the latest Mel Gibson movie premier than the ballgame type of fans:afro: :surf:

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2005, 01:45 AM
There would be some interest in setting up something like what Green Bay has. Does anyone know if that would be possible?

The_Philster
12-16-2005, 04:58 AM
I want an expansion team screw the Cardinalstake the Chargers..that's where they started..the 32-team set up the NFL has now shouldn't be messed with, IMO

JD
12-16-2005, 07:26 AM

I honestly heard Tom Golisano was interested in buying the team..

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Currently the debate is not about market, money or a stadium.

The debate has always been the same, Ralph passes away and presumably leaves the Bills to his daughter/s. They have no interest in running an NFL team. They wish to sell, the market for buyers in western NY is limited to a handful.

The diuscussion is more along the lines of what is feasible ownership wise. If the owner/s want to move this team they will. That part shouldnt even be debated.

I don't have the time to look for it right now but there was recently (last two months) an objective article in the Buffalo News supporting how unlikely it would be for a new owner to move the team. They quoted outside consultants/experts and each agreed that it would be difficult and foolish to move this team anytime soon. Now that I think about it the article may have been in Business First of Buffalo. I'll try to find it.

Mitchy moo
12-16-2005, 07:37 AM
I honestly heard Tom Golisano was interested in buying the team..

He complained about $60, he doesn't have $700 Million and as you heard there is a major inheritance tax owed if bought after RW passes on. Fortunately RW looks great and the team itself has seen plenty of sellout here so this is all BS.

Move on.

L.A. Playa
12-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't think it would happen but it would suck taking our beloved team from a fanbase filled with a bunch of blue collar passionate football fans :barney: :moe:

to a stupid glamour and glitz town that would care more about the latest Mel Gibson movie premier than the ballgame type of fans:afro: :surf:

Ya L.A. isreally stupid, sunshine, the beach, teams that have actually won championships. L.A. is agreat city and a great place to live.

And to all those who argue L.A.cantsupport football, consider this, on many Saturday afternoons and early evenings in the fall. UCLA and USC playhome games both to sellout crowds, so that means 200,000 football fans are at college games on a Saturday, how much do you UB and Buff State draw ???

Devin
12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
There would be some interest in setting up something like what Green Bay has. Does anyone know if that would be possible?

The NFL no longer allows public ownership of a team.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Ya L.A. isreally stupid, sunshine, the beach, teams that have actually won championships. L.A. is agreat city and a great place to live.

And to all those who argue L.A.cantsupport football, consider this, on many Saturday afternoons and early evenings in the fall. UCLA and USC playhome games both to sellout crowds, so that means 200,000 football fans are at college games on a Saturday, how much do you UB and Buff State draw ???
Playa I love ya man but buffalo has 350,000 people LA has 10 million, so 200,000 fans is only 2 % of LAs population while 72,000 is 20% of buffalo's. UB is not a national powerhouse they are close to the bottom of D1. There is no way you will ever be able to convince me that LA has better football fans than Buffalo as a whole. Yes LA I am sure does have many diehards, but not like here. The Bills leaving Buffalo would be a travesty.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
12-16-2005, 10:19 AM
The Bills are not going anywhere. The entire article is a joke.

L.A. Playa
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Playa I love ya man but buffalo has 350,000 people LA has 10 million, so 200,000 fans is only 2 % of LAs population while 72,000 is 20% of buffalo's. UB is not a national powerhouse they are close to the bottom of D1. There is no way you will ever be able to convince me that LA has better football fans than Buffalo as a whole. Yes LA I am sure does have many diehards, but not like here. The Bills leaving Buffalo would be a travesty.

Not comparing population and %'s but to make a blanket statement of what a city is about is ignorant and just plain stupid. The NFL did not leave LA because of lack of support the NFL left LA because of two greedy owners not getting local government to bow down and cave in to their every demand. I dont want the Bills to leave Buffalo, but dont attack a great city of LA blindly like some of you have in this thread because you are scared of your team leaving. Have some self respect and know the facts before you trash another persons home city

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I never trashed LA. It is a great city I am sure. Just don't mess with our Bills.

Thanks
Thurm

L.A. Playa
12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
not you Thurm

eee1776
12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I thinkyou will see the saints in LA first before the bills. In my opion it would have happened in 2006 iF it wasn't for katrina. I think as soon as it is politicaly correct the saints are bound for LA. It even sounds right...THE LA SAINTS.

Jimbuktu
12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
the writer is actually from buffalo ... graduated from UB after living in the city for 23 years

Devin
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
the writer is actually from buffalo ... graduated from UB after living in the city for 23 years

The article wasnt badly written, I think some people are merely putting their hopes above rational thought. It is a very real possibility the Bills may move in the next 5-10 years if not sooner. Thats why the topic keeps coming up.

casdhf
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Tom G will not buy the bills

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
[quote=THATHURMANATOR]Playa I love ya man but buffalo has 350,000 people LA has 10 million, so 200,000 fans is only 2 % of LAs population while 72,000 is 20% of buffalo's.

You've got to check your census figures. LA METRO market may have 10 million. Buffalo METRO has close to 2mm if you include southern Ontario. Erie County itself has about 1mm. It's all about the numbers. Imagine how big the Buffalo TV market would be without Cleveland and Pittsburgh. That's why Denver has such a great set up. I don't think there's another major city within 1,000 miles and they don't have to compete with hogs like NYC.

BillsPride12
12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

I'm sure LA is a great town and alot of fun to be living in. It's just that the Bills don't belong there, the Bills are more than just a football team they are an identity to all of WNY. Thats all I meant by my first post, sorry.<!-- / message -->

Das_Bills
12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
We The People Of Buffalo

Hint Green Bay Packers :biggrin:

Steve

The_Philster
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
We The People Of Buffalo

Hint Green Bay Packers :biggrin:

Stevecan't
hint Not allowed anymore...Packers had their ownership set up like that since before the rule was put in place

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't understand why Jeremy Jacobs is overlooked as the next possible owner. His net worth may not be that of Golisano's but the guy can easily come up with the $$$. (It's called borrowing from M&T or HSBC) What about Rich? Yeah, the guy who paid $25,000 to have the Bills playground named after him.
There may not be a ton of individuals but there are plenty of groups that could come up with the capital. Bottom line: If Tagliabue has the integrity he seems to, the Bills will not leave.

Throne Logic
12-16-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't understand why Jeremy Jacobs is overlooked as the next possible owner. His net worth may not be that of Golisano's but the guy can easily come up with the $$$. (It's called borrowing from M&T or HSBC) What about Rich? Yeah, the guy who paid $25,000 to have the Bills playground named after him.
There may not be a ton of individuals but there are plenty of groups that could come up with the capital. Bottom line: If Tagliabue has the integrity he seems to, the Bills will not leave.

Um, that would be the same Tagliabue who allowed the Browns to go to Baltimore? Unfortunately, despite our hopes and desires, this is a very real issue. We can choose to ignore it (osterich club anyone?) but it won't be going away without a resolution. No one, outside of Buffalo and its natives, will really give a damn about the "identity" issues. Who's really going to care if the Bills move? It would not be anywhere as big a deal as the Colts leaving Baltimore, the Browns leaving Cleveland, the Oilers leaving Houston, or the Rams / Raiders leaving LA. Although sad, its a plain, cold, hard fact.

Personally, my hope lies with Ralph Wilson. I have put my faith in the crafty ole' devil. If I were Ralph, having put so much of myself into the Bills, I would have a plan to insure that my life's work doesn't just get unceramoniously shipped out of Buffalo. No one knows as well as Ralph what his daughters' feelings are regarding the team. Folks, Ralph has a will. I don't think he'd just blindly leave the team to his daughters if they weren't interested. I trust that Ralph already knows what will happen to the team when he passes on. Perhaps he has a Son-In-Law who's interested? Maybe Ralph leaves the team to a random Buffalo Bills season ticket holder?

"Section 322, Row H, Seat 6, congratulations! You have just received a seat upgrade to the Owner's Suite!"

Who knows. It doesn't matter, so long as the Bills remain in Buffalo.

This is my hope.

Devin
12-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Um, that would be the same Tagliabue who allowed the Browns to go to Baltimore? Unfortunately, despite our hopes and desires, this is a very real issue. We can choose to ignore it (osterich club anyone?) but it won't be going away without a resolution. No one, outside of Buffalo and its natives, will really give a damn about the "identity" issues. Who's really going to care if the Bills move? It would not be anywhere as big a deal as the Colts leaving Baltimore, the Browns leaving Cleveland, the Oilers leaving Houston, or the Rams / Raiders leaving LA. Although sad, its a plain, cold, hard fact.

:bf1: THANK YOU!

This is what I was trying to convey. I pray it never happens, but it is most certainly a real issue. And in the near future this will be front and center. If not sooner. Most people arent paranoid, they simply realize this may be a problem soon and I for 1 as a non-Buffalo resident am curious about the possibilities.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
:bf1: THANK YOU!

This is what I was trying to convey. I pray it never happens, but it is most certainly a real issue. And in the near future this will be front and center. If not sooner. Most people arent paranoid, they simply realize this may be a problem soon and I for 1 as a non-Buffalo resident am curious about the possibilities.

Allright, it's apparent that you're just a drama queen. Shut the hell up and go root for the Sox or the Celts, and apparently where your real heart lies, the Pats. Stop being a trouble maker and either propose a solution or start a constructive thread. "I for 1 as a non-Buffalo resident am curious about the possibilities." What the ef are you trying to say?

Throne Logic
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Allright, it's apparent that you're just a drama queen. Shut the hell up and go root for the Sox or the Celts, and apparently where your real heart lies, the Pats. Stop being a trouble maker and either propose a solution or start a constructive thread. "I for 1 as a non-Buffalo resident am curious about the possibilities." What the ef are you trying to say?

Easy there, WCHU. . .

I, too am a Sox and Celtics fan. It comes from being born and raised in the sport-confused State of Connecticut. My heart, unquestioningly, lies with Buffalo Bills football. Even as an "outsider", I would have a deep hole in my heart if the Bills ever left Buffalo.

I don't see Devin's remarks as being offensive. He's just presenting a realistic point.

As for "proposing a solution", please refer the second half of my post above. In Ralph I trust.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Easy there, WCHU. . .

I, too am a Sox and Celtics fan. It comes from being born and raised in the sport-confused State of Connecticut. My heart, unquestioningly, lies with Buffalo Bills football. Even as an "outsider", I would have a deep hole in my heart if the Bills ever left Buffalo.

I don't see Devin's remarks as being offensive. He's just presenting a realistic point.

As for "proposing a solution", please refer the second half of my post above. In Ralph I trust.

I hear ya TL. These threads come up every week or so and they're annoying. Many teams in the league are just as vulnerable as the Bills are. Arizona, Indy, N.O., Minnesota, and quite a few more.
As far as your "solution" goes. It's prefaced with words like "blindly, perhaps, maybe and random". Not a lot of concrete there but A for effort.
Refer to my previous threads for the reality: The Buffalo Bills are a very profitable orginization. They may be in the bottom 3rd in revenue but they're close to the top 3rd in operating income. Check out Forbes if you need to confirm. A foolishly greedy owner may look to move the team but an intelligent owner will not think twice about staying. More reality, less drama, more chowder.

Devin
12-16-2005, 11:12 PM
I hear ya TL. These threads come up every week or so and they're annoying. Many teams in the league are just as vulnerable as the Bills are. Arizona, Indy, N.O., Minnesota, and quite a few more.
As far as your "solution" goes. It's prefaced with words like "blindly, perhaps, maybe and random". Not a lot of concrete there but A for effort.
Refer to my previous threads for the reality: The Buffalo Bills are a very profitable orginization. They may be in the bottom 3rd in revenue but they're close to the top 3rd in operating income. Check out Forbes if you need to confirm. A foolishly greedy owner may look to move the team but an intelligent owner will not think twice about staying. More reality, less drama, more chowder.

Dont presume to question my loyalty to this team. This is a realistic problem I am curious as to what others think. My loyalty to this team is unquestioned, and I hope they never move.

Arizona is having a huge stadium built, Indy is likely your superbowl winner this year. N.O yeah is def. likely to a move, but given the politics with that issue it wouldnt shock me if they arent moved. I live in Louisiana and I can tell you as of now the Saints are preparing for next season here.

I love your concrete analysis you clearly understand something everyone else doesnt. Sorry to have questioned your overwhelming knowledge of the business end of the NFL.

Hopefully our next owner wont be a greedy one, but thats the first step. Our next owner. But apparently Buffalo is over-flowing with billionares who absolutley would love to buy this team right?

dolphinssuck
12-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Well the way I see it Id hate it if they left but Ive been a Bills fan so long Id proably still pull for them! And outta curiosity would Buffalo get another team if the Bills did get moved? I couldnt see them not getting 1 because Bills fans are the best fans in the world but just wondering what everyone thought!