In terms of the seasons expectations versus results ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

In terms of the seasons expectations versus results ...

... can you identify any Bills season as disappointing as this one?
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: In terms of the seasons expectations versus results ...

Nope, can't say that I can actually. This has been the most disappointing I've ever watched since I've been watching the Bills.The disappointment of our poor performance has been compounded by the "pie in the sky" promises Donahoe made during the offseason.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I did already. 1976.

Comment

• finsrclowns
        • Apr 2004

2004. We were actually a couple plays away from the playoffs. If Willis and Evans had started the season as starters instead of after we started 0-4 a couple of those games might've ended differently.

As for this year, when you're losing home games by four TD's that's not disapointing it's embarrassing.
        finsrclowns

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

easily worst ive seen.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I did already. 1976.
            why because of 2-12 or because saban couldnt build on 8-6 and got fired midway through?

i think i just answered myself
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

By far the most disappointing for myself. I've been a fan for about 17 years, and a real hardcore fan for about 10. No other season has let me down as much as this one.

Don't let it get to ya though guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                why because of 2-12 or because saban couldnt build on 8-6 and got fired midway through?

i think i just answered myself
                They had just come off of back to back 9-5 seasons and looked ready to take the next step. Saban had a meltdown and quit about 4 games in, and it all went downhill from there.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                  ... can you identify any Bills season as disappointing as this one?
                  Music City Miracle.

Not because we were as low for as long. But because of the way it happened. I felt that was an unbelievable low.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM
                    By far the most disappointing for myself. I've been a fan for about 17 years, and a real hardcore fan for about 10. No other season has let me down as much as this one.

Don't let it get to ya though guys!
                    There ought to be about a dozen wagons to jump on after this one, Fire TD, Fire Mularkey, Im on the spend serious dough to upgrade the o-line wagon..plenty of room for ya.

And your right, no one circles the "wagons" like the Bills!

Comment

• onceproudbillsfan
                      • Dec 2005

I dont think anything will be as bad as blowing the lead against the dolphins. Here we are again needing to win this important game to stay in the playoff race and we blow the lead just like last year against the steelers. This is by far the most dissapointing season for sure.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I only expected between 6 and 8 wins this season, so I guess I am not as dissappointed in that regard. The way the team is not improving is not making me happy though.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Bad o-line doomed us from the outset with a newbie qb.

I expected the Bills to win the Super bowl one of the 4 years they showed up. Regardless of stats and success, we got nothing for all those years. Kind of like working 4 years/seasons to get nothing.

I am a finalist, I like final results personally.

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

I'm just curious, how much of the blame do you place on Levy in the SB loses?? Like the Bills, the Eagles are in basicly in the same boat. Even though they didn't go to four SB's in a row they did make 1 and go to four NFC Championships. I think Andy Reid is the main reason the Eagles did't win it all. He's a great regular season coach but post season he's not very good.

I live in the SJ area so I'm in the heart of Eagle country and get much more Eagle info then the rest of the country, Andy Reid is being singled out here for some of his ability's when decsions are made at crucial times. If you remember the SB when the Eagles were on their last drive, McNabb was not in any hurry to line up and snap the ball when the clock was running down. The HC should have been in Mcnabbs ear screaming move your @$$!! But he didn't, bad mistake, bad coaching. I just wonder if you think Levy made one glaring mistake through those four years.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                              • Jul 2003

This year doesnt bother me as much as the 6-10 season with GW. With JP I knew we would have a tough time of it. I am suprised about the D collapse and no TD's from special teams but it is much worse than I expected. The O-line is extremely frustrating. Mouse needs more to work with.
                              In Marv We Trust
                              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

Working...
                              X