• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Blame starts at the real top, Ralph Wilson

I have my own business down here in FL and I am in charge of it. I get alot of advice from different people and consultants about the direction to go but in the end it's my decision to make. If the Business fails it's because of my inability to make the right choices and decisions. Ralph owns the team and he chooses and pays his staff, they are all hired and in the end he has the final say (like the EM incident).

Ralph, we need to get the right coaches in here (GM/HC). You used to be upset about not winning the big one but are now content to have incompetent people at the helm. They have had 5 years to make this team a winner. Excuses never paid a bill, nor the Bills themselves.

We are in pain and want to see a movement towards are real future, not a promised one. Your current team of managers told you good things would happen and laid it out, well they laid an egg and you now need to lay them off.

Remember the guy below, he was a winner.
  • Buckets
    • Jun 2003

Re: Blame starts at the real top, Ralph Wilson

Man I was thinking of starting the same thread. An open letter to Ralph. I totally agree, responsibility starts at the top.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

This must be a Skooby impersonator. I'm convinced.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Yeah. Business decisions are tough.
        If you ever need advice about how much sugar to use or whether you should use plastic or paper dixie cups, my nephew did great with his stand last summer.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I wonder how much time Ralph has for message boards?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            This must be a Skooby impersonator. I'm convinced.
            glad to see you with me!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Let us not forget that TD is not only the GM, but he is also the President of the franchise. Wilson has been hands off for much of TD's reign in Buffalo, as an owner should. However, Wilson will and has intervened when necessary. His talk with Moulds for example.
              Much of what Ralph does isn't much different from us fans. He's the ultimate spectator, with much more at stake then just a couple of season tickets. He is the main investor. The performance on the field effects how much money he earns.
              Ralph has let TD do what he needs to do to build a Championship team. When Donahoe graced us with his presence sometime ago, we were all enamoured with his abilities at the General Manager position in past years. I don't think there were many of us out there, including Mr. Wilson, that thought things would turn out the way they have.
              With that being said, I'm sure that Ralph isn't sitting at a lean (wallet fat), grinning ear to ear. The last couple of home games have had disgraceful showings. Even sold out, fans chose to stay at home. Ralph saw the empty seats and knows that if something isn't corrected quickly that those empty seats next year will have multiplied yet this time not paid for.
              Changes will be made this off season. You can take that to the bank.
              Last edited by RedEyE; 12-16-2005, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                Let us not forget that TD is not only the GM, but he is also the President of the franchise. Wilson has been hands off for much of TD's reign in Buffalo, as an owner should. However, Wilson will and has intervened when necessary. His talk with Moulds for example.
                Much of what Ralph does isn't much different from us fans. He's the ultimate spectator, with much more at stake then just a couple of season tickets. He is the main investor. The performance on the field effects how much money he earns.
                Ralph has let TD do what he needs to do to build a Championship team. When Donahoe graced us with his presence sometime ago, we were all enamoured with his abilities at the General Manager position in past years. I don't think there were many of us out there, including Mr. Wilson, that thought things would turn out the way they have.
                With that being said, I'm sure that Ralph isn't sitting at lean, wallet fat, grinning ear to ear. The last couple of home games have had disgraceful showings. Even sold out, fans chose to stay at home. Ralph saw the empty seats and knows that if something isn't corrected quickly that those empty seats next year will have multiplied yet this time not paid for.
                Changes will be made this off season. You can take that to the bank.

Well said. This is 100% exactly what I think about this issue. Ralph is a smart businessman. Any major course of action deserves the appropriate amount of time to determine if the choice was sound or not. Not every decision will be a winner. But you cannot, as a sound business person, second guess your choices before a realistic amount of time has been given for potential success. Nothing this complex happens over night. Given 5 years, I believe that Ralph can confidently evaluate the situation and will make a new decision this off-season. Furthermore, as a respectible businessman, Ralph will wait until after the season to make his changes.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                X