X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TedMock
    • Jul 2002

STOP IT!!!

I log on this morning and I see threads about Edgerrin James, Dante Culpepper, Reggie Bush, and Aaron Brooks. Why? I'm all for upgrading the team, but we are in such unbelievably bad shape on the offensive line that it would be totally insane to go after ANY of these guys. Does everybody realize that we could realistically use five new lineman? Johnny Unitas, Gayle Sayers, Kellen Winslow, and Raymond Berry wouldn't get us into the playoffs with this line. When the line doesn't work, nothing else works. Teams like Carolina make the Superbowl with Jake Delhomme, and Steven Davis leading the offense. The Patriots win Superbowls when Antwain Smith was the featured tailback, and they have no featured WR's. Answer....very good offensive lines. Indy has had Peyton, Edge, Harrison, and Wayne for quite some time. An offensive line playing at a high level is the primary difference this year. Stop with the Tom Donahoe, ticket-selling, high-profile, skilled positions, and BRING US AN OFFENSIVE LINE! Overpay for them, they're well worth it.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: STOP IT!!!

Thank you, they are morons.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
      I log on this morning and I see threads about Edgerrin James, Dante Culpepper, Reggie Bush, and Aaron Brooks. Why? I'm all for upgrading the team, but we are in such unbelievably bad shape on the offensive line that it would be totally insane to go after ANY of these guys. Does everybody realize that we could realistically use five new lineman? Johnny Unitas, Gayle Sayers, Kellen Winslow, and Raymond Berry wouldn't get us into the playoffs with this line. When the line doesn't work, nothing else works. Teams like Carolina make the Superbowl with Jake Delhomme, and Steven Davis leading the offense. The Patriots win Superbowls when Antwain Smith was the featured tailback, and they have no featured WR's. Answer....very good offensive lines. Indy has had Peyton, Edge, Harrison, and Wayne for quite some time. An offensive line playing at a high level is the primary difference this year. Stop with the Tom Donahoe, ticket-selling, high-profile, skilled positions, and BRING US AN OFFENSIVE LINE! Overpay for them, they're well worth it.

couldnt have siad it better myself id like to finally see a bills QB have brady or manning time to throw the ball just a quarter of the passing snaps. id love to see willis actually start a run where first contact didnt happen in backfield look at chiefs u know why there has been no drop off since larry johnson took over for priest becuz johnson doest get hit till hes 3-4 yards into his runs

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Excellent post.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Crazygoo
          • Nov 2005

great post!!!
          :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
            • Jul 2003

We should make a three team trade. We will give our whole O-line to the Pats for Brady and our whole D-line to the Colts for Manning. Then let the mind of TD rebuld both lines from scratch. Then we would be the most goodest team in the whole world.
            In Marv We Trust
            The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
              Thank you, they are morons.

YES!!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

The problem is, we don't have many bright people on this board any more. Bunch of Morons.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Crazygoo
                    • Nov 2005

everyone thinks they have the solution to the Bills probelm

BE REALISTIC!!!!
                    :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                      • Apr 2005

That just get my vote for post of the month ! To the point !!!!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
                        We should make a three team trade. We will give our whole O-line to the Pats for Brady and our whole D-line to the Colts for Manning. Then let the mind of TD rebuld both lines from scratch. Then we would be the most goodest team in the whole world.

Somebody PLEASE tell me this was a joke !!!!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• JWatts
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
                          Is goodest even a word?

Comment

• Das_Bills
                            • Sep 2005

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

"Building a football team with a crappy o-line is the same as building a house in quick sand." - DevilPaul

Comment

Working...
                              X