PDA

View Full Version : You can give up on the Jimmy Johnson talk now.

Gunzlingr
12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Jimmy Johnson, always a hot name for NFL jobs this time of the year, recently turned down the opportunity to be the coach and general manager of the Houston Texans, multiple sources told the Daily News. Contacted yesterday at his home in the Florida Keys, Johnson, who now works for Fox on its NFL coverage, said, "I can't confirm any rumors. I'm happy doing what I'm doing. I have no interest in going back to coaching."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/375248p-318881c.html

Tatonka
12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
he just needs more money.

clumping platelets
12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
More money and complete control

LtBillsFan66
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Didn't Bill Parcels say the same thing a week or so before getting the cowboys job?

Earthquake Enyart
12-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Boy it would have to be tempting for him to take that Houston job. If he could get them turned around, he could really rub Jerry Jones nose in it.

don137
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Didn't Bill Parcels say the same thing a week or so before getting the cowboys job?
My thoughts exactly. Parcells did the same thing to Tampa right before signing with Dallas. I am in no way saying JJ is coming here but from what I read he didn't exactly deny meeting with Ralph Wilson when he was talked about coming to Buffalo during the Fox halftime show. Maybe JJ does not want to let the cat out of the bag because he is waiting for TD and MM do be fired at the end of the season. I am not saying he is coming. In fact I probably doubt he is, however, I would not put much credence in turning down Houston and saying he is not interested in coaching. The Bills are a lot closer to being a good team than the Texans.

Devin
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
even if it was the case, he wouldnt be passing on those positions to come to snowy Buffalo.

G. Host
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Jimmy Johnson, always a hot name for NFL jobs this time of the year, recently turned down the opportunity to be the coach and general manager of the Houston Texans, multiple sources told the Daily News.

Jimmy wants more - he wants to be first coach, general manager AND owner as well as be shielded from bad decisions like when he was at Miami.

don137
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
even if it was the case, he wouldnt be passing on those positions to come to snowy Buffalo.
Like I said previously, I doubt it will happen. However, JJ is no idiot. He does not want to make the same mistake as he did in Miami and that was to take over a team on the downside and a long way to respectability. The Texans are a long way to respectability. The Bills on the other hand are a lot closer to respectability than Houston. He may see Buffalo as a more attractive option. While the chances are slim I wouldn't close the door completely on it not happening.

ublinkwescore
12-16-2005, 04:45 PM
I hope it happens.

:brace:

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
...But after a disappointing four seasons, he quit after a 62-7 divisional round playoff loss to Tom Coughlin's Jaguars.

The best NFL game ever, next to every Bills win!

vinivedivichi
12-16-2005, 09:33 PM
The best NFL game ever, next to every Bills win!

Come on now - that was Dans last game. What a terrible way to go out for one of footballs best. To this day I hate that Dan had to go out like that.

FinsAreLife
12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Boy it would have to be tempting for him to take that Houston job. If he could get them turned around, he could really rub Jerry Jones nose in it.

true, it would be pretty interesting to see him come back also....

PUCKER
12-17-2005, 02:15 AM
THANK YOU KINDLY!!! :whew:

Nighthawk
12-17-2005, 06:23 AM
This means nothing. Just because he turned down the Texans job does not mean he won't go to another team. All this talk about him not wanting to go to a cold weather city is crap also. If he were given total control, (i.e.- GM & Coach, maybe president) and of course enough cash, I'm sure he would come to Buffalo. I hope that he does come here, he is a hell of a talent finder and he is a good coach too. What is the downside to JJ coming to Buffalo? I'm sorry, but I just don't see one!

Billzz
12-17-2005, 07:03 PM
He stated specifically today he is not taking any jobs. Dosen't care about the money GM/Coach position or anything. He was drilled almost like a shake down by Howie Long and said he didn't care. Gotta say it was pretty convincing that he wasn't doing anything cept his job at FOX.