PDA

View Full Version : Would it be SMART to lose the rest?

im4bflo
12-16-2005, 12:18 PM
For the better for the team, to lose the rest would be better than winning maybe one more, or whatever. But you can't throw the games either.
There's nothing but pride to shoot for now, and to start building for next year.
GO BILLS!

Nublar7
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
You always need to try and win. Sure losing gets you a better draft pick, but winning makes your Franchise look better.

It is better to win the rest then lose them.

finsrclowns
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
For the better for the team, to lose the rest would be better than winning maybe one more, or whatever. But you can't throw the games either.
There's nothing but pride to shoot for now, and to start building for next year.
GO BILLS!

Ridiculous. Losing is a bad thing period. The draft is a crap shoot. Good thing we didn't win a couple more games a few years ago when we drafted Mike Williams. Then we might have gotten stuck drafting Dwight Freeney, right?:funny:

TigerJ
12-16-2005, 06:44 PM
From a practical standpoint, I'm not all that thrilled about moving up into the top five in the draft. Salaries escalate quickly as you move into the top five, and I don't think you are guaranteed a much better player than if you draft in the 6th through the 10th spot. If you try to trade down, you may find trading partners are scarce. No, I'd be just as happy from a draft standpoint if Buffalo stays in the 6th to 10th position.

Novacane
12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
We should not lose for a higher draft pick. As the others said, that is a crap shoot and top 5 picks cost to much. We should lose to insure that dumb and dumber get the axe after the season is over

Turf
12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Every die hard Bills fan I know would rather seee them lose so we can get rid of TD and Mularkey. And personally I'm with them. We have zero future with these two. If it takes losing to lose them so be it.
IMO even if they won the last three they should be let go. But we're dealing with Ralph here.

Stewie
12-16-2005, 06:56 PM
I never understood the logic of losing now so you can win later. If you can win now, why wait to win later??

Throne Logic
12-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Ridiculous. Losing is a bad thing period. The draft is a crap shoot. Good thing we didn't win a couple more games a few years ago when we drafted Mike Williams. Then we might have gotten stuck drafting Dwight Freeney, right?:funny:

My thoughts, exactly.

Throne Logic
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Every die hard Bills fan I know would rather seee them lose so we can get rid of TD and Mularkey. And personally I'm with them. We have zero future with these two. If it takes losing to lose them so be it.
IMO even if they won the last three they should be let go. But we're dealing with Ralph here.

I truly don't see the next 3 games making any difference, what so ever, regarding what Ralph does in January. I'd say that all their fates were sealed with the horrific loss to Miami.

dolphinssuck
12-16-2005, 07:39 PM
We need a good draft pick! I hate to see us lose but if we did then it will help get us just that! We are playing just to finish out the schedule and nothing more!

Mr. Cynical
12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I hate to lose, but unfortunately losing out (and badly) is the only way we are going to be rid of that ass GM of ours. Otherwise, he will stay, and then you might as well kiss another season goodbye.

bernielivsey_1
12-16-2005, 11:29 PM
:coocoo: We wont have a choice against Denver and Cinci but the Jets will be a toss up. We aren't good enough just win outright. Besides if we win the next 3 games, it will look like a turn around and it might save TD and MM from being Trumped. And nobody wants that. :bad:

dolphinssuck
12-17-2005, 06:56 AM
:coocoo: We wont have a choice against Denver and Cinci but the Jets will be a toss up. We aren't good enough just win outright. Besides if we win the next 3 games, it will look like a turn around and it might save TD and MM from being Trumped. And nobody wants that. :bad: :goodpost: could not agree more!

im4bflo
12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
So it looks like the majority are looking at if we lose the rest, it's more important for that to help get rid of TD and MM, than in getting a better draft pick.
The fans have spoken! :up:

DaBills
12-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Like Herm said:

YOU– PLAY – TO – WIN – THE – GAME!

Problem is, our coaching staff isn’t coaching to win the game. I say you always try to win though, no matter what.

But let's assume that your premise is true. Then which players should coast, which shouldn't? And if we lose the rest either on purpose or through our most excellent coaching staff, think the new regime next year won’t be watching game tapes to see who tanked?

Besides, the braintrust of TD and MM wouldn't know what do with a high-draft pick they got anyway. Remember, TD never met a later-round value pick he didn't like.

:afro:

im4bflo
12-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Like Herm said:
YOU– PLAY – TO – WIN – THE – GAME!
Problem is, our coaching staff isn’t coaching to win the game. I say you always try to win though, no matter what.
But let's assume that your premise is true. Then which players should coast, which shouldn't? And if we lose the rest either on purpose or through our most excellent coaching staff, think the new regime next year won’t be watching game tapes to see who tanked?
Besides, the braintrust of TD and MM wouldn't know what do with a high-draft pick they got anyway. Remember, TD never met a later-round value pick he didn't like.
:afro:
We've got a coaching problem for sure.
Today, we have a good start, and then we kind of slipped back into our loser way's, the same old crappy plays, the stupid trick plays that only trick ourselves,
and the big thing I've got against HOLCOMB, or maybe it's playcalling, but whenever we need a 3rd down, he throws so short of the firstdown, we don't even have a chance to make it! It drives me nuts, and lost us some games this year. I hate talking negative about the Bills, GO BILLS!