PDA

View Full Version : Step One in Correcting the Defense

RedEyE
12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Get the Saints DE Darren Howard in here to play opposite Schobel. Signing this guy accomplishes two things:

1) He would instantly enhance the Pass Defense

and

2) With Schobel on one side, Howard on the other, they force the running game up the middle.

Howard has fallen from graces with Benson and is expected to become a FA in the post season, according to Adam Schefter.

This guy is a bear on the line and would compliment Schobel's style of play very well.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Kelsay's still the guy opposite Schobel. It's the middle that's the problem.

Akhippo
12-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Havent seen him play, but I would do it. Kelsay could hopefully backup AS and Denney backup Howard. Right price of course. Draft DT with our early pick.

Devin
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Get the Saints DE Darren Howard in here to play opposite Schobel. Signing this guy accomplishes two things:

1) He would instantly enhance the Pass Defense

and

2) With Schobel on one side, Howard on the other, they force the running game up the middle.

Howard has fallen from graces with Benson and is expected to become a FA in the post season, according to Adam Schefter.

This guy is a bear on the line and would compliment Schobel's style of play very well.

Nice idea Red.

Schobel-Ngata-Howard :drool:

We should so switch to the 3-4.

RedEyE
12-17-2005, 12:05 AM
This guys is a poor man's John Abraham.

Yes I know we need a DT, but this offers another option. By forcing the opposing teams running game to the inside, the ball has to be pushed between the tackles. We have very talented LBs to soften the blow through the middle. With Schobel and Howard on the outside the Bills pass rush would be hardcore. They can't double team both of them.

RedEyE
12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I imagine Clemens is gone. We'll need the added pass rush to force the ball. McGee and Kevin Thomas would be more than sufficient to fill in for good ol' Nate.

Devin
12-17-2005, 12:10 AM
This guys is a poor man's John Abraham.

Yes I know we need a DT, but this offers another option. By forcing the opposing teams running game to the inside, the ball has to be pushed between the tackles. We have very talented LBs to soften the blow through the middle. With Schobel and Howard on the outside the Bills pass rush would be hardcore. They can't double team both of them.

Ngata is a beast, most of the talk ive heard say hed be great in a 3-4. Howard would certainly be solid on the left side. Those three with Fletcher, Spikes, Crowell and a FA/Posey. That would be solid.

RedEyE
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I just don't think we could afford giving up the high pick to snag a DT. The OL seems more pressing of an issue to me. I think you have to go OT in the first round.