X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Gandy and Peters are not the problem...

you know.. i just started thinking about this as i was reading redeyes post about the oline..

as much as i would like Brick.. or really anyone on the Oline.. it just hit me..

how many times have you seen gandy or peters get killed in a game? i am being honest, and dont hesitate to tell me i am a blind fool..

i really cant remember a game where i felt like gandy or peters sucked..

dont get me wrong.. there were games were i have seen both of them get beat on a specific play.. but there has never been a single game where i have seen either of them get consistently owned..

i think that gandy and peters have played well enough to stay in their starting roles..

i know what i have seen.. i have seen teague get OWNED by good DTs.. pushed all over the place, including into and onto whichever qb is back there.. i have seen anderson get killed on passing downs and really not provide as much push as a man his size should get on run plays.. and villareal looks old.. i know he has had injuries.. but he has just not played well.

the interior of this line is what has klled us..

NOT gandy or peters.

just my 2 cents..

if i am fixing the oline in the offseason i spend picks and sign free agents to address the middle of both lines.

i will also add that i think preston has looked like dog **** in real games so i have no idea how anyone could think giving the job to him would be wise.. he has looked no better than teague.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Re: Gandy and Peters are not the problem...

I agree somewhat........I would sign bentley from the saints and put him at center or rg....Wherever he didn't start i would put preston....Then at lg-(gulp) i would try mike williams -after his contract is redone...As a back up for wiliams i would have a drafted guy and vet min guy ready to go....At LT i would draft a guy then have gandy fill in to the kid was ready then maybe you could move gandy to lg where he might be ok...at at the worst better than williams.

Gone-teague,villiari, anderson....jerman
    New arrivals -LT in rd one ..Bentley -FA- LG- 3rd or 4th round....
    FA-VET MIN-C-OG

NEW STARTERS-LT-GANDY-LG WILLIAMS-OR DRAFT PICK-CENTER-BENTLEY-RG-PRESTON-RT-PETERS-

LT-ROOKIE COULD START IN WEEK ONE WITH WILLIAMS BEING CUT BY JUNE 1ST....AND GANDY MOVING TO LG

Bmax

Go Bills

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
      the interior of this line is what has klled us..

NOT gandy or peters.

just my 2 cents..

if i am fixing the oline in the offseason i spend picks and sign free agents to address the middle of both lines.

i will also add that i think preston has looked like dog **** in real games so i have no idea how anyone could think giving the job to him would be wise.. he has looked no better than teague.

I agree. When it comes to the draft, I would rather draft Ngata before I draft Brick if both were available. However, I wouldnt be mad if Ngata was gone and we drafted Furgeson. With that, we could move Gandy to guard.

Gandy deserves a starting spot on our line.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
        I agree somewhat........I would sign bentley from the saints and put him at center or rg....Wherever he didn't start i would put preston....Then at lg-(gulp) i would try mike williams -after his contract is redone...As a back up for wiliams i would have a drafted guy and vet min guy ready to go....At LT i would draft a guy then have gandy fill in to the kid was ready then maybe you could move gandy to lg where he might be ok...at at the worst better than williams.
        Gone-teague,villiari, anderson....jerman
        New arrivals -LT in rd one ..Bentley -FA- LG- 3rd or 4th round....
        FA-VET MIN-C-OG
        NEW STARTERS-LT-GANDY-LG WILLIAMS-OR DRAFT PICK-CENTER-BENTLEY-RG-PRESTON-RT-PETERS-
        LT-ROOKIE COULD START IN WEEK ONE WITH WILLIAMS BEING CUT BY JUNE 1ST....AND GANDY MOVING TO LG
        Bmax
        Go Bills
        You can't realistically expect to draft someone this year to fill a starting roll in the OL, especially at LT. Gandy or a FA will be on the left - unless someone feels that Peters will be able to advance to LT (long shot).

I mostly agree with Tatonka, although I think Villareal has struggle in part because of who's been flanking him - namely Teague and Williams for most of the season. I think he'd be OK with a good Center and with Peters' continued development on his right side.
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

of course we would be better off if we started a vet....But if the rook has more talent than we have... then he has to play . The talent level on this line is just about lower than any other team in the nfl.....It seems that it would not be that hard for a rookie to start on this line even at lt .....

BMAX

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Gallery (sp?) was considered one of the most talented OT's to come out of college in years and he couldn't handle it and was moved to guard.

I would rather we pick up a vet that can contribute and be solid and use our first draft pick on a stud DT. At least DT's can contribute immeditaely.

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
              Gallery (sp?) was considered one of the most talented OT's to come out of college in years and he couldn't handle it and was moved to guard.

I would rather we pick up a vet that can contribute and be solid and use our first draft pick on a stud DT. At least DT's can contribute immeditaely.
              Robert Gallery = Bust

You're right about that.

I think the problem is that there is a lack of free agent O-Lineman available this off-season. Hutchinson will likely be re-signed. Bentley will probally be the best option for Center, but he'll surely be visiting plenty of teams this off-season, especially since he's versatile.

Yes, I really hope we can land that Ngata guy. Either way, I believe we need to spend 3 picks in the 1st 4 rounds (Out of 5 total picks) on Linemen on both sides of the ball. Basically, 1 on the D-Line and 2 on the O-Line.

Just have to wait for the draft I guess.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                I agree. When it comes to the draft, I would rather draft Ngata before I draft Brick if both were available. However, I wouldnt be mad if Ngata was gone and we drafted Furgeson. With that, we could move Gandy to guard.

Gandy deserves a starting spot on our line.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• finsrclowns
                  • Apr 2004

Teague is not terrible, slightly below average but not terrible. He's given up 1 sack in three years. Anderson is poor as a pass blocker. Villarial is average.
                  finsrclowns

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

the stats might say that teague has given up 1 sack but it doesnt keep track of all the times the guy is being thrown around like a rag doll and is being pushed so far back into the pocket that he is actually the one pressuring the qb.

watching tonights game.. i actually had to put it on slow motion to see who it was on an incomplete pass, but andersons fat worthless ass just got bull rushed and shoved into holcombe.. i dont understand how a 350 lb fat ass gets pushed around like that..

our oline are basically all pussies.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Andrson is defintily a problem. Villiarial isn't a hell of a lot better. I agree with you Tatonka, but the point that I think that I failed to make in that thread was this: Who do we get in at Guard?

Hutch? We are going to have to lure his ass here with one massive chunk of bread. I'd love to see him in B-Lo, but being that he is just about the only FA G worth mentioning, his numbers will be high. I'm not sure getting into a bidding battle is a wise decision.

Let's look at the draft:

The first G on the list is Sooner Davin Joseph. I love this kids run blocking abilities, but he's projected to roll in the bottom of the first round.

Same for Max Jean-Gilles from UGA.

As it stands the Bills will be picking in the top 7. I don't see them taking the chance to trade down and miss their target. They'll take the first immediate limeman help available. Especially if Brick wiggles into our selction window.

Now, if one of the two previously mentioned Guards move into the top of the 2nd round, the Bills might have to work a deal and move up to snag one.

Now, the Bills could go Ngata DT Oregon, top of the 1st, then hope a decent Guard falls into the second, or someone bites on a trade up. My guess is they have to take the OT.

That's not terrible though. As I stated in my previous thread, Gandy could still handle the job at RT. Slide Peters into the RG spot. A pulling guard with his size and speed would enhance McGahee's game 10 fold.

LG, I'm at a loss. Given a years time maybe someone decides to play up to their expectations. From what I've seen that's not Villarial or Anderson. Still, if they're the one weak spot on the line, that's doable. You can't be solid at every position.

I agree about Teague as well. The guy just gets thrown around. The play needs to be right, and you find Teague's fat ass right in the middle of the hole. Ever notice how Willis is constantly bouncing to the outside? That's because it's a cluster **** in the middle.

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

Peters won't be moved to guard the guy is a tackle....WHo just needs alot of work....You can find guards in rds 3,4 and five...

Go Bills

Bmax

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Peters won't be moved to guard the guy is a tackle....WHo just needs alot of work....You can find guards in rds 3,4 and five...

Go Bills

Bmax
                          No, actually he's a TE. Please tell me why he couldn't switch to Guard when he's already made the move to one of the hardest postions on the OL.

And you're not going to find a G that is going to make an immediate impact in mid draft.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Go Bills

Bmax
                            I believe you are correct. I don't think that Peters, who is doing nicely at RT with almost no experience, is about to be shifted to guard. I see him possibly moving to LT. Either way, this team needs interior line help and LeCharles Bentley would be the single greatest pick up since Takeo Spikes.
                            I am holding out hope that Mike Williams gets a contract overhaul and can stay healthy at a guard position, but if he leaves, that's fine, as long as we find a big nasty guard to compete with the chumps we have now. I'm sort of bummed about him because he came on at the end of last year. He is a good lineman when he is healthy. How unfortunate. If we somehow get immediate help at the LT position, I believe Gandy will be a very good guard.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

Mike Williams won't be back and I doubt Trey Teague will be either.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X