PDA

View Full Version : So how does this help us?

Tatonka
12-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Texans won today..

cleveland won today..

did we move up in the sweepstakes?

Devin
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Cleveland win helped, the texans didnt affect us.

Mahdi
12-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Ya, either San Fran or the Texans will pick before us, and maybe even both. If SF wins the next 2 and we lose the next 2 then I think we beat them on strength of schedule. Both teams could possibly go LT. However its more likely that Houston would select a LT so I would prefer Houston to win the next 2 games and we select before they do, and take Da' Brick Ferguson.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Houston isn't going to waste the first pick of the draft on a left tackle. They are either gonna take Bush or trade the pick.

Devin
12-18-2005, 06:23 PM
texans and 49ers shouldnt be in any debate about draft position. They will both pick ahead of us.

Arizona, Detriot, Oakland, Baltimore, and the Jets all need to win at least 1 more.

Devin
12-18-2005, 06:25 PM
best we can hope for is 5th/6th pick.

I believe its going to be:

Houston
San Fran
New Orleans
NY Jets

For the top 4.

5th/6th and have about 4-5 teams vying.

Devin
12-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Basically, we need NO, GB, SF, NYJ, Balt., Tenn, Det and Oak all to win, in some cases 1 of their remaining 2 games and in some cases both. If everthing works out we could have the #2 overall pick. Assuming we lose the last 2 of course.

Wont happen.

I believe best case scenario (you read as best case most REALISTIC scenario) is the 4th pick.

But the 5th or 6th pick pretty much where we are headed.

lordofgun
12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Go Green Bay tomorrow night!

Dozerdog
12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
First you have to decide who you want in Rd 1

Then you need to see what the bottom ten teams have for needs.

If we are going for a stud LT and pick the best overall, I'd rather get him at 8-9 than get him at 4...Pocket about 10 million over the length of the contract

Throne Logic
12-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Ya, either San Fran or the Texans will pick before us, and maybe even both. If SF wins the next 2 and we lose the next 2 then I think we beat them on strength of schedule. Both teams could possibly go LT. However its more likely that Houston would select a LT so I would prefer Houston to win the next 2 games and we select before they do, and take Da' Brick Ferguson.

Houston will most likely pick #1 and that will be Bush. San Fran will most likely pick second and that won't be an LT as they have Jennings (remember him) - I bet they take Leinart 'cuz they have been really whining about Smith and his tiny hands. That'll piss the Jets off, 'cuz they'd love to have either of those guys.

I don't really care if Buffalo picks at 5 or at 9. There will be a player available at each of those spots and everywhere in between that can help this team.

Tatonka
12-18-2005, 11:30 PM
there is zero chance that san fran takes lienart.. they just made an huge investment in smith.. there is no way they can do that even if they wanted too.

Mitchy moo
12-18-2005, 11:39 PM
there is zero chance that san fran takes lienart.. they just made an huge investment in smith.. there is no way they can do that even if they wanted too.

Your right, who do the bills take?

Devin
12-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Your right, who do the bills take?

http://condraft.com/player.php?id=642&PHPSESSID=7a9a4b136c94abe2f5d78e1019801a2e

gonzo1105
12-18-2005, 11:46 PM
The Bills should take Mario Williams DE from NCSU...i'm sorry but he is a freak 6'7 285 and runs a 4.4-4.5.....plus he would not just be a speed rusher he would be the complete DE. He would definetely help in run support as well.

Lexwhat
12-19-2005, 12:12 AM
The Bills should take Mario Williams DE from NCSU...i'm sorry but he is a freak 6'7 285 and runs a 4.4-4.5.....plus he would not just be a speed rusher he would be the complete DE. He would definetely help in run support as well.

I dont know too much about college football. Is this guy Williams a better prospect than Kiwanuka?

Devin
12-19-2005, 12:20 AM
I dont know too much about college football. Is this guy Williams a better prospect than Kiwanuka?

Id still rate Kiwanuka higher, but they are very close and similar in their style.

Devin
12-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Hes very much the mold of Bruce Smith or Peppers perhaps. He is currently projected as a late 1st rounder, early to mid 2nd rounder.

Hes not bad at all, and quite likely will be a dominant DE.

Lexwhat
12-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Not even remotley close to Kiwanuka.

hahahhaha, I see I see. Thanks for lettin me know!

Well I think that if both Ngata and Kiwanuka were available when we pick, I would then take Kiwanuka judging from how good a prospect he seems to be. I think we could get away with signing a big body for DT in free agency. We are not doing bad at DE, but how can we pass a guy like him up?

The Jets might snatch him up if they have a chance with Abraham leaving.
The Titans? Perhaps. They are in a similar situation as the Jets are. They have a top DE (Vanden Bosch emerging) but need a lot of help elsewhere, notably QB.
The Texans? Would they pass on Furgeson or Reggie Bush? I dont think so.
The 49ers? I could definetly see them taking Kiwanuka. Mike Nolan would love this guy. I could see them taking Bush though if they had the chance.
Raiders? Lions? Cardinals? All could use a guy like him. But, they all need QBs too. Hopefully we pick ahead of these teams.
Saints? Definetly possible. Hopefully they get a LB instead.

Oh well, just another scenario. There's 100s of others.

Lexwhat
12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Hes very much the mold of Bruce Smith or Peppers perhaps. He is currently projected as a late 1st rounder, early to mid 2nd rounder.

Hes not bad at all, and quite likely will be a dominant DE.

Really? If he's that good (#1 or #2 overall pick) when compared to them, why is he projected to fall so much? Did he suffer some injury? Otherwise, how isn't he a sure-fire top 10 pick?

Devin
12-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Really? If he's that good (#1 or #2 overall pick) when compared to them, why is he projected to fall so much? Did he suffer some injury? Otherwise, how isn't he a sure-fire top 10 pick?

Well he needs a lot of work, and needs to be a bit better conditioned. Hes a great athlete, but Kiwi is bigger and more of a high-motor type guy.

Lexwhat
12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Well he needs a lot of work, and needs to be a bit better conditioned. Hes a great athlete, but Kiwi is bigger and more of a high-motor type guy.

Oh my bad, I misunderstood. I thought you said that this Kiwanuka guy was projected as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. But obviously you meant the Williams dude.

I guess we can say that Kiwanuka is a sure-fire top 10 pick, at worst?

Ferrygoat
12-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Mario Williams is not a late first round/ early second round pick...there may not be a better physical specimen at any position in the draft...these guys stock tend to sky rocket come draft time....he will be taken in the top 10 picks in this years draft...they compare this guy to julius peppers who was taken in the top 5

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/mario_williams.html

Devin
12-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh my bad, I misunderstood. I thought you said that this Kiwanuka guy was projected as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. But obviously you meant the Williams dude.

I guess we can say that Kiwanuka is a sure-fire top 10 pick, at worst?

Id be shocked if he made it out the top 5, but yes top 10 is a safe bet.

Mario Williams is not a late first round/ early second round pick...there may not be a better physical specimen at any position in the draft...these guys stock tend to sky rocket come draft time....he will be taken in the top 10 picks in this years draft...they compare this guy to julius peppers who was taken in the top 5

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/mario_williams.html

Williams will go in the first I believe, but it wont be in the top 10, in fact it will likely be more towards the mid-late 1st.

Many mock draft sites dont even have him taken in the 1st.

Despite being so talented, Williams has not dominated like he should. He just seems to disappear at times. For how big and athletic he is, he should just own opposing tackles. Perhaps that is because he still relies on his athleticism to make plays. Whatever the reason, it does cause some concern.

As I was saying......

Tatonka
12-19-2005, 09:46 AM
so you want to spend a 1st round pick on a guy that looks good on paper but disappears come game day?

Devin
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
so you want to spend a 1st round pick on a guy that looks good on paper but disappears come game day?

Not me! I never said to choose Williams.

gonzo1105
12-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Yea look at the dates of the mock drafts your seeing. Williams is a junior in college so some mocks probably didn't put him in there until he declares or it was too early. Williams will be the first DE off the board higher then Kiwanuka. I dont know what ur seeing as Kiwanuka being bigger?Kiwanuka is about 6'6 26, and runs about a 4.6 Williams is 6'7 285 and runs a 4.4. Williams is bigger,faster,stronger. Kiwanuka had a down year and there might be injury concerns because of the dirty play the UVA player put on him

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006top100.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html