X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else think that.....

... Chicago should have been us this year? Power run, inexperienced QB, Killer D, that is what we were supposed to have. So where did we go wrong? I say the Oline, but what do I know.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anyone else think that.....

Yeah. O Line, D Line, Coaching is where we went wrong.

Mularkey's got to go. He'll never be a winner.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

The Bills O and D have zero identity.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

But more importantly they have a pass rush.

We dont.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          ... Chicago should have been us this year? Power run, inexperienced QB, Killer D, that is what we were supposed to have. So where did we go wrong? I say the Oline, but what do I know.

Their defense is VERY young and very quick. With Rex Grossman playing now, they'll actually be able to move the ball/score some points/keep the defense off the field.

I dunno who was watching tonight's game, but Kyle Orton was benched at halftime and Rex Grossman led the Bears to 13 2nd-half points.

If the Bears can score 23-26 points per game in the playoffs, watch out for them. IMO, they could beat any team in the NFC with that defense. Brian Urlacher is playing the best football of his career. Remember last year when Fox Sports named Urlacher one of the most overrated players in the NFL? He's not overrated anymore, I'm sure.

I wish we had their coaching staff. Ron Rivera, although he is inexperienced, would make a good candidate for our possible head-coaching vacancy. I could see him doing the same thing for us as Marvin Lewis did for the Bengals (JMO).

So now they have: Decent QB (instead of useless QB) + Killer D + Good Run Game + Better WR Production because of Rex Grossman. As for their O-Line, they are an overachieving group.

I will definetly be rooting for them!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

We could have had Lovie Smith too.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

the OL led by pro bowler Ruben Brown

Comment

• jesterjister13
                • Dec 2005

The Bears defense has something we desperately need a pass rush. Their d-ends Ogunlewye and Brown get up the field to the QB faster then anyone in the league. They are like to Jevon Kearse's in his glory days. That defense is so scary and the linebacking crew is fast too. They also somehow always create turnovers when needed. It's pretty incredible to watch that defense.

Look at the first quarter of last night's game. The Falcons had the ball three times in the Bears zone after a punt. They hit one FG. That is pretty awesome defense.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

...and to think we could have drafted Tommie Harris instead of Lee Evans. Not that I am unhappy with Evans, it just seemed like a luxury pick at the time (much like drafting Parrish this year).

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Minnesota reminds me a lot of Buffalo from last season... everybody's on their bandwagon, they've beaten nobody, and when they play good teams they get crushed.

I wanted to say that about Chicago but I think their defense might actually be good to the point where they won't choke come playoff time.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Ogunleye and Brown put our defensive line to shame, just on their own.

And good picks like Harris and Haynes..... but what makes me mad most is, i was on this board with a ton others during the 3rd round pick few years ago when we picked Coy Wire and me and almost everyone else wanted Alex Brown, but we picked up Wire.... hmm.......
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

The bulk of our problem on defense has been the loss of Phat Pat and Takeo. You can't lose two pro bowl defenders in the middle of the field and hope to be successful, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                        X