What really sucks about the 2006 Bills??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

What really sucks about the 2006 Bills??

No offense to the guys here who aren't old enough to remember the really bad days...

There was a time in this town when Ralph was HATED. I mean absolutely despised, crapped on, last week's pile of poop hated. I still remember after one debacle the press trying to catch him at the airport and he blew them off and said some really bad things. Back in 68-72, 76-78, 84-86 this team was TERRIBLE. Absolutely disgusting. Why? The owner basically didn't put anything into the team. Former Buffalo Evening News writer Larry Felser said that there were some years where the team basically opened up what little draft guide material there was and just picked. The only time there was quality around here was when known successful coaches were brought in: Saban and Knox. Take a look at that coaching list. All busts. The glory days really didn't start again until Levy was brought it.

But this post is not about how we don't have an established coach (which would help). It's about the pain of seeing this team actually make moves and bring in talent. Even though they are older there is talent there. Maybe not on the O-line or D-line but it is there...they have spent money on scouting...they have spent money in the front office...they have spent money on the fans...

That makes this year even more frustrating. This team has actually taken time to give a crap about the product and they look like the second coming of 1985.

/soapbox

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
Working...
X