• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Evans, Parrish, Aiken...

It's always interesting to see people scream for players to get cut...we did it with Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Coaches, etc. etc. When pushed for a name for the replacement guys rarely come up with anything...so...

If not Moulds then who do you bring in to improve that trio?

Evans, Parrish, Aiken...Does this strike fear into you? There's not one D-coord in the league that would be the least bit worried.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Evans, Parrish, Aiken...

If the Bills FO feels that they must cut Moulds, then they must bring in a replacement. A young vet like Reggie Wayne would be nice, but I doubt he'd come to Buffalo.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      It's always interesting to see people scream for players to get cut...we did it with Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Coaches, etc. etc. When pushed for a name for the replacement guys rarely come up with anything...so...

If not Moulds then who do you bring in to improve that trio?

Evans, Parrish, Aiken...Does this strike fear into you? There's not one D-coord in the league that would be the least bit worried.

Reggie Wayne, Randle El. Everyone else would NOT be an upgrade.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Is Reggie Wayne a free agent at the end of the year? Bigger question - Why would he leave Indi??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Alright everyone agrees changes need to be made, but very few have offered their "expert" opinion on what they'd do. Everybody thinks it's such an easy job to just cut dead weight and bring in problem solvers, so let's hear what you would do this offseason... please try to keep the cap in mind... Free Agents that

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

That lineup scares me too. I'd like a vet in. Also hopefully Everett will add another weapon to the mix.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

63 catches for 621 yards and 3 TD's in 13 games, only one play above 40 yards all season. Counts $11 million against the cap.

I agree that a replacement will be needed, but how do those stats justify that kind of cash? Plus, don't forget the attitude factor. "Waaah, I want Kelly Holcomb to start, Waaaah!"
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• realdealryan
                realdealrex
                • Nov 2005

Moulds isn't the player he used to be. But would his season be this underwhelming with better playcalling and quarterback protection? A better running game to open up the pass? $11 million against the cap is nasty. So we let him go and get some other pieces to give us a chance to pass effectively. I don't know that a star WR could have been plugged into this system this year and performed well. Do we really need a "name" at the WR position? I hate giving them credit, but the Pats get it done with playcalling, an o-line and a smart quarterback (not to mention short passes to get them into 2nd and short often). Not with big name receivers. Give JP a chance with a good coach and a line and I'll bet that Evans, Parrish (if he can stand the cold), and Aiken will do just fine. Keep Evans and plug anybody else in there if you want, as long as you protect JP and establish the run.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Moulds is still the man, he's a great veteran wide receiver. I hope we can get him to restructure and stay here in Buffalo. I'm on record as wanting to keep him.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    63 catches for 621 yards and 3 TD's in 13 games, only one play above 40 yards all season. Counts $11 million against the cap.

I agree that a replacement will be needed, but how do those stats justify that kind of cash? Plus, don't forget the attitude factor. "Waaah, I want Kelly Holcomb to start, Waaaah!"

If KH was playing, those numbers would be much higher.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                      If KH was playing, those numbers would be much higher.
                      disagree completely. Holcomb looked terrible the last two games before he went out. He struggled when it counted against NE and struggled before he got injured against KC. The problem starts with the O- line- neither QB has the time they need to set up and throw, and the lack of a legit run threat cuz of Mularkey's stupid playcalling. Also Holcomb doesn't throw the deep ball well (or if he does, Mularkey and Clements never call plays that let him do it), so Moulds would need a ton of YACs to be more successful with Holcomb than Losman. He hasn't been good at that in 2 1/2-3 years.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Holcomb throws to Moulds, JP doesn't.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Holcomb also never thows the ball beyond 8 yards.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jesterjister13
                            • Dec 2005

No way in hell does those three strike fear in any defensive coordinator or cornerback for that matter. I think if Moulds is in fact gone they need to find another big guy possession WR. They cannot be that tough to come by, but I think you have to find one. Evans is speed, Aiken is a good #4, and Roscoe is a slot, speedy WR. I think the Bills definitely need to find a WR, but not through the draft as many WR are gotten, but through free agency.

Look at the Bears and their pick up of Mushin Muhammed. I think a guy maybe not of that caliber but similiar can be had in the FA market.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jesterjister13
                              No way in hell does those three strike fear in any defensive coordinator or cornerback for that matter. I think if Moulds is in fact gone they need to find another big guy possession WR. They cannot be that tough to come by, but I think you have to find one. Evans is speed, Aiken is a good #4, and Roscoe is a slot, speedy WR. I think the Bills definitely need to find a WR, but not through the draft as many WR are gotten, but through free agency.

Look at the Bears and their pick up of Mushin Muhammed. I think a guy maybe not of that caliber but similiar can be had in the FA market.
                              Jurevicious or Reggie Wayne. They may have a little bit of the "Peerless Price syndrome" but even still they can get 600 yards in a season. It's better than having an $11 million decoy.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X