PDA

View Full Version : Numerology

the REAL Rudeman
12-19-2005, 01:24 PM
How many games into the season did it take you to realize that the Bills are officially a joke, and how many years will it take to bounce back to respectability?

The King
12-19-2005, 01:26 PM
5 Games....

3 years best chance most likely 5. I think what Marvin Lewis did in Cincy is the mold we have to follow.

OpIv37
12-19-2005, 02:43 PM
The next two seasons are pretty much done. In 3 years (2008) we should be competitive again. We have an extra 3rd round pick this year and hopefully we can turn Clements into extra picks next year. This means we'll have some young guys around our core talent- Losman, McGahee, Evans, Parrish, McGee, Peters, Spikes- who will all be veterans at that point. Hopefully that will be the recipe for success.

As far as this season, the loss to the Saints pretty much showed how bad we were. I predicted a .500 season, so I wasn't overly shocked until the blowout in SD. That's when it became painfully obvious that this team completely sucks (as opposed to a decent team struggling behind injuries and musical QB's). So 4 or 9, depending on how you want to look at it.

Patrick76777
12-19-2005, 03:34 PM
I think we have talent on the team. The right choices for coach, a bolstering of the O-line and IMO, a Vet QB, and this team could be good as soon as next year.

Problem is, I don't see them giving up on JP yet. I think we'll struggle with him next year and possibly the year after before we realize that this guy is not the answer. If you stick with JP, you might as well go young because it's not fair to the Vets. If you go with Losman, you'll be letting guys like Adams, Moulds, Clements go and starting from scratch. Now Losman will struggle for 2 reasons, the team won't have talent and he's not that good.

Now, a lot of people will like this approach because they don’t think you can win with the vets we have and they’ll think that a youth movement is the way to go. But a youth movement will take you 5 years to rebuild.

The knowledgeable football fan will tell you that a full scale rebuilding is a thing of the past. You rebuild on the fly. Like this year, where we’ll have 4 of the top 70 picks in the draft. It’s possible to stay competitive, cut the fat and always be building for the future. This isn’t like hockey where we can trade our old players for prospects and draft picks. Everybody wants to dump all of these players just so we have more cap room!!!! For what, so we can be the team with the most cap room???????

Why not keep these guys, try to win now but at the same time always keep an eye on the future. The Patriots are winning this year with inexperienced players because they have good coaching and a core set of veterans on the team. Guys like Seymore, Brady, Bruski, Dillon! A good mix of young and old.

It doesn’t have to be one way or the other. Rebuild or suffer with the current guys! Why cut Sam Adams, he has a year left. Draft his replacement this year and then cut him next year when the new guy is ready. Clements, tag him for 5 mil and see what happens next year. If he has another average year, you’ll be able to make a more informed decision.

Why the big hurry to cut Vincent and/or Milloy. So a Coy Wire can start and get burnt 10 times a game. How does that make us better? Because we’ll have 3M of extra cap space????

If I ran the team, the talk of rebuilding is out the window. I tweak the roster, I obsess on the O-line, I bring in a vet QB and I go for the division title. All the time, I’ve got an eye on 2, 3, 4 years down the road. Always bringing in someone’s replacement.

If we go with the rebuilding, the only good news is that we'll have high draft picks for the next 4 years to help build the team. Any great QB's coming out in the 2007 draft????? If losman plays next year, we might have the first pick.

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2005, 03:36 PM
0 games.

If TD is still here, never.

If TD is gone, 3 years.