PDA

View Full Version : Please, no more Pittsburgh guys please!

Jeff1220
12-19-2005, 02:13 PM
On PFT:

POSTED 11:52 a.m. EST, December 18, 2005

GRIMM GETTING ATTENTION, AGAIN

Even though his charges aren't performing as well in 2005 as they were a season ago, Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm is getting mentioned again as a potential head coaching candidate.

There are rumors linking Grimm to the Bills, if former Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey gets bounced. We've also heard that Lions CEO Matt Millen could be interested in Grimm, if of course Millen still is employed come 2006.

As one league source with knowledge of Grimm's coaching abilities tells us, "He is a very good leader and will have the guys organized and playing."

Our guess is that Grimm will land somewhere as a head coach in 2006, if as expected there are seven or more openings.

And don't rule out Grimm as the possible successor to Bill Cowher, if for some reason Cowher asks and receives permission to take over the Chiefs.

:nervous: I don't care how good a candidate this guy might be, I don't want him here for this reason: If he comes in, then that would probably mean that TD is staying!

BTW, I know it's PFT and I know their reputation, but take it for what it is - a rumor.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

L.A. Playa
12-19-2005, 02:17 PM
get someone with a winner, does NE have any assistant coaches left ??

Bill Brasky
12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Seriously, why does Pittsburgh's declining garbage get sent up to WNY? What is going on.

I will cry if this guy is brought in... and I'm a grown man.