PDA

View Full Version : JP's Progression

Mahdi
12-19-2005, 03:54 PM
I was just thinking about why this Bills team has looked nothing like a power-running team that we were supposed to be and I came up with this:

If we were a Power-running team and had JP hand the ball off 30-40 times a game and using the play action the rest of the way how would that affect his progression as a QB? Would it not slow him down in terms of learning to read blizes, coverages and defensive alignments. I think that the fact that we run a balanced offense (as terrible as it is) where JP drops back to pass more will give him more experience in the long run. Obviously, we cant run the ball because our line cant open any holes, so I think the priority becomes putting the ball in JP's hands and letting him learn. IMO I would rather see JP throwing a lot over the next 2 games whether its effective or not, in order to maximize his progression as a passer, and get him ready for next year. What do you guys think?

Dicuss.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't object to that, but I don't want another disgruntled RB on our hands either.

Devin
12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
This team is supposed to be built same as Chicago and Pitt. Strong Defense, great ST and an offense that does enough to win. JP isnt a 300 yard per game type guy. Hes meant to be a 200-225 1TD type guy at best with Willis grinding it out.

If we correct our OL issues and JP continues in his progression, it isnt a stretch (well it might be) to be optomistic about next season.

We have the personell imo.

The last buffalo fan
12-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Disagree only, in the type of Qb that JP is. With EMo or some wr on his type, Evans and Everett, this guy will be have stats like a guy called JK. :peace:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Disagree only, in the type of Qb that JP is. With EMo or some wr on his type, Evans and Everett, this guy will be have stats like a guy called JK. :peace:

Yeah, I don't think we can quite tell what kind of QB he will be at this point. My gut tells me he will either be a guy who lights it up or busts....no middle ground.

Mahdi
12-19-2005, 06:35 PM
When you look at the types of throws he makes he really does remind of Favre. Strong arm, throws on the run, tough. The throw that reminded most of Favre was that one in San Diego where he rolled out of the pocket, and threw a deep-ball back across his body to the end-zone where Reed dropped it. Typical Favre.

dolphinssuck
12-20-2005, 06:19 AM
JP definitely has a strong arm and scrambling abilities. If Buffalo can get some good OL members to protect him he'll really show what hes capable of. This kid is a good QB behind a horrible line but despite all he has progressed pretty well and next season he'll only continue to improve if we draft right if not he could get injured again frim constent pounding!

doomsdayvirus
12-20-2005, 09:45 AM

agreed, i think JP is fully capable of throwing 300+ games if he gets time and receivers that don't drop the ball all the time (*cough* josh reed *cough*).

we are not a power running team. period.

we're not built for that at all.

i don't know where that delusion came from.