There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gochiefs
    • Nov 2002

There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head coach

Dick Vermeil is probably going to retire, so we've been bouncing the offseason possibilities around this week.

What do you guys think of Williams? From what I have heard we don't want him.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head coach

Great defensive mind.

Poor head coach.

Then again he didn't have a lot to work with in his tenure here...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Re: There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head coach

As long as the sight of a man with boobs doesn't bother you, go for it.

Darth said it...great DC, but over his head as an HC.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

I like the chiefs so I dont wish that upon them.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

He could be like Bill Belichick...sucked his first time as HC and then look at him now.

Comment

• Fairway
            • Jul 2002

Like Mikey said..............he could be better the second time around. Here he had TD giving him **** to work with. I'd still rather get someone else if I were a chiefs fan

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Yeah Williams wouldnt be my first pick if I am a chiefs fan, while he COULD be good its a 50-50 shot.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gochiefs
                • Nov 2002

Re: There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head c

Any more opinions?

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

He blows. Terrible decision-maker. Just do some searches for "manboobs" here.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

I'd say to look elsewhere. We had a good defense when he was here but it's hard to say if it was him or the talent. Our offense sucked but a lot of that rested on dumbass Kevin Gilbride as our OC. Williams wouldn't be my first choice.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

I think Williams will be a much better HC his 2nd time around especially after his failure in Buffalo and experience under Joe Gibbs I think he will be a solid HC for some team in his 2nd go around

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        He could be like Bill Belichick...sucked his first time as HC and then look at him now.
                        Belichick didn't suck as head coach of the Browns,he led them to the playoffs in at least one of his seasons there.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Re: There's a large contingent of KC fans that want Gregg Williams as our next head c

I hated GW here. While I still don't think he was good, after seeing the coaching decsions this season, we *gulp* might have been better off keeping him rather than hiring Mularkey. He might be good a second time around.

Or he might suck again. Who knows. Def wouldn't be one of my top choices.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

I think GW will do better the 2nd time around as well. However, I dont want him to come back here.

He would probally be a good fit for the Chiefs who really need help on defense. I would be very surprised if he hired an inexperienced staff again.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

I'd rather have Williams right now then Mularkey.

I think Williams will do a good job his second time around. He improved our defense and ST's after he came on board.

He didn't have much to work with on offense his last season and Bledsoe was the worst QB in the league that year.

He probably would've had another season but the fans didn't want him because he didn't fit their image that they wanted in a HC. He will do a good job his 2nd time around.

The team played hard for him and respected him. Not many players respect Mularkey at all. Mularkey is the worst HC in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X