X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Its not that farfetched......

JP could be riding the pine next year or even be traded considering the news of the possible firing of GM Tom Donahoe, along with Mike Mularkey.

Our new GM, whom ever it may be, might not have liked Losman coming out of college, and might not like him now.

Us looking for a free agent quarterback or perhaps starting Holcomb next year would not be suprising to me at all.

Just something to think about.

Im not giving up on Losman, way to early, but handing him the job next year is something that would be a mistake, I actually want him to earn the job.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Its not that farfetched......

He's too young for any coach to just toss him aside. If they don't like his mechanics, or think he's not progressing late into next season...or Matt Leinart happens to fall to the Bills in Round 1 of the Draft.....then maybe we should be concerned for Losman.

Otherwise, I think the new coach looks to Losman to lead this offense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

JP needs experience. If he had Holcomb's brain, he'd be a constant probowler.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

All I know is Holcomb starting = another losing season.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
          Actually, I think that Holcomb would play much better behind the right offensive line. However, so would Losman. Difference is that Losman is the future, the young guy an expected franchise QB. Holcomb of course is a journeyman near the pinnacle of his career and has no room to improve his level of experience at this point.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Well, like I said, if Losman can't beat out Holcomb in training camp/preseason next year, then what should we think of him?

And you don't think the Bears are kicking themselves for not signing Holcomb in the off season...They sign him, and theres no way any team beats them in the playoffs, IMO.

Or even the Ravens?

Hell, you plug Holcomb into the 2004 Bills team, and you have a playoff team.
            Last edited by ScottLawrence; 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
              • Dec 2005

I personally would much rather have JP in there full time next season over Holcomb. JP is behind possibly the worse OL in the NFL and very young with a ton of potential so I hope the line situation gets straightened up and he gets a chance! But SL is right if a new GM and coach comes in they might change that and it would be ashame JP never got a descent shot at starting!

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

The one thing that I dislike about Losman presently is his current record of injury.

Granted the OL hasn't been the best in the league.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dolphinssuck
                  I personally would much rather have JP in there full time next season over Holcomb. JP is behind possibly the worse OL in the NFL and very young with a ton of potential so I hope the line situation gets straightened up and he gets a chance! But SL is right if a new GM and coach comes in they might change that and it would be ashame JP never got a descent shot at starting!
                  Absolutely. JP should be under Center all year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Matt Leinart has "Ryan Leif" written all over him.

I don't want Holcomb starting next year because he doesn't stretch the field. Too many short passes- we need to take a shot every now and then. At least Losman does that.

And I think either one would look infinitely better if we had something that resembled an O-line. You take any BCS team's O-line and I bet they could outplay ours.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                      Hell, you plug Holcomb into the 2004 Bills team, and you have a playoff team.
                      Agreed.

No point in dwelling on the past though...

Better to find out sooner whether JP can get it done. He needs a real shot, not the wishy washy approach.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dolphinssuck

This O-Line is by no means good, or even average, but it isn't as bad as everyone claims.

Against the Broncos, although there were many penaltys, Holcomb only surrendured one sack.

My point being, a lot of times Losman holds onto the ball way to long, which is common with young quarterbacks.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Matt Leinart has "Ryan Leif" written all over him.
                          Why come?

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                            Agreed.

No point in dwelling on the past though...

Better to find out sooner whether JP can get it done. He needs a real shot, not the wishy washy approach.

Well we should find out in training camp/preseason.

Rather then the regular season....If Losman looks better then Holcomb in both training camp, and preseason, then he deserves to start in 2006.....if not, then starting Losman would be a mistake, IMO.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                              • Dec 2005

I dunno I think Leinhart will be pretty good in the NFL! Leaf was a good college QB would just couldnt cut it in the NFL but there has been many other like him anyone remember Rob Johnson and Todd Collins in Buffalo I try not to!

Comment

Working...
                              X