PDA

View Full Version : Bring in Ron Wolf as GM!

vicmantak
12-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Ron Wolf is exactly what Packers lack and it seems that he might change this sucking panorama...

Ron Wolf's NFL tenure began in 1963 as a talent scout with the Oakland Raiders. It was a position that would serve him well in his professional career.
In 1975, Wolf joined the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers to oversee the franchise's formation. He returned to the Raiders in 1978 to head player personnel operations before joining the New York Jets in 1990.
Wolf became general manager of the Green Bay Packers in 1991, and promptly returned the luster to Titletown, U.S.A., winning Super Bowl XXXI. He retired in 2001 and now lives in Annapolis, Md.

gimpy
12-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Wolf Not Returning to NFL --
Sun Dec 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Wisconsin State Journal reports former Packers GM Ron Wolf, the architect of the Green Bay Packers' 1990s renaissance, is not making a comeback. He will not be resurrecting the Detroit Lions or any other downtrodden NFL franchises. "Let's just stop," says Wolf, who retired as the Packers' general manager in June 2001. "No one's contacted me, and I have no desire to get back into it. I feel flattered by all this, but no one from Detroit's contacted me, no one from the other 31 teams has contacted me. Nor do I anticipate they will. Somebody called me today (and said they heard) that I'm coming back to work for the Green Bay Packers. It makes no sense. You would think somebody would think that through. What am I coming back as, Santa Claus?" Forget about the rumors - that Lions owner William Clay Ford might fire GM Matt Millen and hire Wolf, for $5 million annually, to run the team.

vicmantak
12-20-2005, 12:33 AM
We hear Wilson, who at 87 wants to win sooner rather than later, would also not be averse to bringing in a big-name GM such as Ron Wolf, who is reportedly interested in returning to the NFL for the right price (including a piece of team ownership) and the opportunity to further his son’s career in the NFL. (Eliot Wolf is employed as a pro personnel assistant with the Packers.)
Word is Wilson has been unhappy with the direction of the team since this past April’s draft, questioning the wisdom of Donahoe’s decision to select WR Roscoe Parrish with the Bills’ top pick (a second-round choice) and then following up that pick by selecting TE Kevin Everett in the third round when the Bills had more pressing needs along the offensive and defensive lines after the free-agency departures of OLT Jonas Jennings and DT Pat Williams.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/WWHI/2005/wwhi2024.htm