PDA

View Full Version : Fan misconduct mars Bills game

doomsdayvirus
12-20-2005, 10:28 AM
"Maybe it was the 8:30 p.m. starting time.
Or the fact that the game was played on Saturday night, a party night.

Maybe it was the January-type frigid temperatures.

Or maybe it was just a crowd of disgruntled fans unhappy with the Buffalo Bills' tough season.

Whatever the reasons, Saturday night's loss to the Denver Broncos was witnessed by one of the worst-behaved crowds at Ralph Wilson Stadium in recent memory, authorities said Monday."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051220/1003296.asp

(sorry if this has been posted already)

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
It's not possible to mar a game like that. You can only mar something that isn't already shameful.

FirstDownBills
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
The security guards at the game were a bunch of phonies. Anyone they knew or were friends with were allowed to bring anti-Donahoe signs or wear paper bags. Yet for someone in my section who was holding up a "D-FENCE" cutout they took it away from him. They also took away a "Fire Millen" sign. Whats wrong with the stadium these days? In any other stadium you're allowed to bring in signs.

Michael82
12-20-2005, 03:15 PM
What did they think was going to happen? People are pissed off and it's the last home game of the season, plus a ton of people were drinking lots of booze at their tailgates.

The_Philster
12-20-2005, 03:57 PM
The security guards at the game were a bunch of phonies. Anyone they knew or were friends with were allowed to bring anti-Donahoe signs or wear paper bags. Yet for someone in my section who was holding up a "D-FENCE" cutout they took it away from him. They also took away a "Fire Millen" sign. Whats wrong with the stadium these days? In any other stadium you're allowed to bring in signs.I didn't have a problem with my sign :idunno:

DynaPaul
12-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I think it was a combination of all of the factors mentioned at the beginning of the article with more emphasis on fan frustration. To be honest, I'm surprised it wasn't rowdier than that Saturday night. I know I felt like getting blitzed.

Demon
12-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Like many, i too was wasted at the game. The stadium was out of control, it was like i've never seen it before, friends were fighting friends, Bills fans fought Bills fans, it was shocking.

I don't think Bills ever thought it'd get that bad that fast....

Lexwhat
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM
By the way, does this guy belong to this message board?

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/12/20/actualsize/1220fan.jpg

Lexwhat
Or this guy?

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/12/20/actualsize/1220bloody.jpg

SabreEleven
I didn't have a problem with my sign :idunno:

"Go Jills" isn't that controversial.

Demon
12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Someone had a pro-espn sign in 201, and security rushed him like it was a anti-donahoe sign, but they realized it was nothing bad, so the kid asked wtf was the problem? Security didn't respond, so my brother said something like "donahoe is a effin a-hole and pays their bills so they do what he says" and the security guards points at my brother and says "finally someone understands".

lol so my brother said "see even he thinks donahoe is an a-hole" and security turns around and says "yup". lol kinda corny but i thought it was funny...

The_Philster
12-21-2005, 04:54 AM
"Go Jills" isn't that controversial.
:mad: get it right..it said "Thanks for a great season Buffalo Jills"

Someone had a pro-espn sign in 201, and security rushed him like it was a anti-donahoe sign, but they realized it was nothing bad, so the kid asked wtf was the problem? Security didn't respond, so my brother said something like "donahoe is a effin a-hole and pays their bills so they do what he says" and the security guards points at my brother and says "finally someone understands".

lol so my brother said "see even he thinks donahoe is an a-hole" and security turns around and says "yup". lol kinda corny but i thought it was funny...
the guy who sits behind me was *****ing and I kept telling him security was just doing their jobs..he kept thinking they should look the other way :shakeno: I wonder if he'd keep his job if he looked the other way when it came to his job. :cynic:

Mitchy moo
12-21-2005, 06:19 AM
:mad: get it right..it said "Thanks for a great season Buffalo Jills"
the guy who sits behind me was *****ing and I kept telling him security was just doing their jobs..he kept thinking they should look the other way :shakeno: I wonder if he'd keep his job if he looked the other way when it came to his job. :cynic:

You should of just kicked his *** phil, he was a punk.

Michael82
12-21-2005, 08:00 AM

:rofl: that's good to hear.

tampabay25690
12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
By the way, does this guy belong to this message board?

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/12/20/actualsize/1220fan.jpg

That was one of the most exciting parts of the game I just wish they would show the hole thing on TV........

JayWood
12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
I drove in from Rhode Island for the game with a few of my friends who are Broncos fans. It was their first time at the Ralph, and all i did was hype up how much fun it is to watch a game there, and how great the fans are. Well lets just say that they spent more time watching the fights in the stands then the actual game. From where i was sitting in section 328 all i saw were fights breaking out everywhere. If anyone was in the endzone near the tunnel can you please tell me what happened down there. For a good 20 minutes i watched about 25 security guards go after this one guy, and the i see fists being thrown it was terrible.

So then i figured i would go use the bathroom right near 328, couldnt do that because next thing i see is some guy get leveled from a blow to the face. Luckily at half time i got my buddies tickets to seats in the Jim Kelly club, but my god trying to get there was like a war zone. As we left the stadium i said to my friends that that was the worse i have ever seen fans at the Ralph before, and i have never seen that many fights break out. Some guy told me that they cut off beer sales early...not sure if this is true or not.

It is sad when the actions in the stands are more noticable then the play of our own team

FirstDownBills
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I drove in from Rhode Island for the game with a few of my friends who are Broncos fans. It was their first time at the Ralph, and all i did was hype up how much fun it is to watch a game there, and how great the fans are. Well lets just say that they spent more time watching the fights in the stands then the actual game. From where i was sitting in section 328 all i saw were fights breaking out everywhere. If anyone was in the endzone near the tunnel can you please tell me what happened down there. For a good 20 minutes i watched about 25 security guards go after this one guy, and the i see fists being thrown it was terrible.

So then i figured i would go use the bathroom right near 328, couldnt do that because next thing i see is some guy get leveled from a blow to the face. Luckily at half time i got my buddies tickets to seats in the Jim Kelly club, but my god trying to get there was like a war zone. As we left the stadium i said to my friends that that was the worse i have ever seen fans at the Ralph before, and i have never seen that many fights break out. Some guy told me that they cut off beer sales early...not sure if this is true or not.

It is sad when the actions in the stands are more noticable then the play of our own team

Yeah, I want to know what happened down there also. Seriously, there had to have been 30 security guards in that area. And I believe not just one fight broke out in that area, but three different ones did. It was insane!

The_Philster
12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
You should of just kicked his *** phil, he was a punk.
actually...he's usually a pretty good guy...season ticket holder that I hangs a blue tarp from beside his seat..and holds it against the wall so I can work the camera..he skipped the Broncos game, though...he was talking about not renewing

Mitchy moo
12-21-2005, 08:02 PM
he not the only one thinking like that.