PDA

View Full Version : Bills' QB Holcomb expected to make second straight start, why?

G. Host
12-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Coach Mike Mularkey said after practice Tuesday that he's leaning toward starting Holcomb even though Losman practiced on a limited basis. Losman sat out Buffalo's 28-17 loss to Denver last weekend after hurting his throwing shoulder and left leg in a loss to New England on Dec. 11.

Losman, who is listed as probable to play, showed no signs of difficulty throwing passes in practice, but did walk with a slight limp.

Novacane
12-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Because Mularkey is a tool

gr8slayer
12-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Is there a dumber coach?

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
F) Because :cow: is a football genius and wants to keep Cincy guessing.

vicmantak
12-20-2005, 07:37 PM
F) Because :cow: is a football genius and wants to keep Cincy guessing.
LOL!

Lexwhat
12-20-2005, 07:57 PM
I hope we go 4-12.

Bmax
12-21-2005, 01:16 AM
This is a sham...Sounds like mularkey is trying to win one more game... and screw our draft position....Don't worry cincy will crush us and the jets should squeak by even with holcolmb at qb... Fire this moran now.....He just doen't get it...

Bmax

SabreEleven
12-21-2005, 02:00 AM
So Mularkey doesn't ruin JP any more and hopefully the new coach can save him.

The_Philster
12-21-2005, 05:04 AM
This is a sham...Sounds like mularkey is trying to win one more game... and screw our draft position....Don't worry cincy will crush us and the jets should squeak by even with holcolmb at qb... Fire this moran now.....He just doen't get it...

Bmax
you guys need to stop getting so worked up about draft position...the only thing a higher draft slot guarantees us is that we have to pay our draft pick more. Once we get rid of Donahoe and bring in a GM with half a clue, we could get just as good a player in slot 10 as we would in slot 8, for example.

Turf
12-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Kelly's planning on doing his raindeer dance after he throws a 2 yard dump pass on 4th and 15, and Mularkey doesn't want to miss it. Anything for a laugh...Geeesh that guy......

Michael82
12-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Because he thinks that he has a better shot to win with Holcomb and thinks that will save his job. Oh and he's a ****ing *******! :mad:

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
We have nothing left to play for so just start Holcomb!

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 12:13 PM
We have nothing left to play for so just start Holcomb!

I fail to see the logic- if we have nothing left to play for, shouldn't we be starting Losman to get him additiona experience for next season?

Iehoshua
12-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Because Mularkey is a tool
Amen.

MOULDSROCKS
12-21-2005, 09:22 PM
my guess is losmans shoulder is worse thanthe bills are letting on. i wont be one bit surprised to hear that he has off season shoulder surgery to repair a rotator cuff injury. remember you heard it here first!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-21-2005, 09:34 PM
:scared: If it is a rotator cuff and he has to have surgury isn't that what Pennington's injury was a rotator cuff :question: and look at him his career could be done if that's the case JP's career could be over before it gets started let's not hope it's not that. Just saying what if :question:

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I could see that too MR. His not throwing at all during warm-ups last week should be an eye-opener/

HHURRICANE
12-22-2005, 11:35 AM
my guess is losmans shoulder is worse thanthe bills are letting on. i wont be one bit surprised to hear that he has off season shoulder surgery to repair a rotator cuff injury. remember you heard it here first!

Good theory but wrong. JP's shoulder is fine. I'm a little in the know on this one. Basically, Mularkey is a total f..ing idiot if he starts Holcom. I am hoping to god this is another one of his smoke and mirror routines. Either that or he knows he is getting canned and doesn't give a ****. MM needs to go!!!!

HHURRICANE
12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
:scared: If it is a rotator cuff and he has to have surgury isn't that what Pennington's injury was a rotator cuff :question: and look at him his career could be done if that's the case JP's career could be over before it gets started let's not hope it's not that. Just saying what if :question:

People there is nothing wrong with his shoulder. Merry X-mas!! Now why he doesn't start is a whole other topic.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2005, 12:00 PM
If Losman is healthy and Mularky doesn't start him he should be fired on spot.

Michael82
12-22-2005, 07:29 PM
If Losman is healthy and Mularky doesn't start him he should be fired on spot.
Amen! :bf1:

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 03:31 PM
not starting Losman would be a bad move. Losman is our QB of the future or is suppose to be as they keep flip flopping QBs he'll never get the exp. needed to grow into a starter who can handle everyday rigors of starting and playing when hurt.

MOULDSROCKS
12-23-2005, 06:16 PM
People there is nothing wrong with his shoulder. Merry X-mas!! Now why he doesn't start is a whole other topic.

can you find a HIPPA friendly way to let us know how you are in the know?
for those who dont know what HIPPA is, its that piece of paper you sign when you go to the doctors office to insure your privacy. The reason i ask is that the day after the game he got hurt in, i heard from a very good source that some in the medical community think its a rotator cuff tear.
and i am not sure its possible to have a better source than i had at the time. of course that was before the mri but who knows

Turf
12-23-2005, 06:41 PM
for those who dont know what HIPPA is, its that piece of paper you sign when you go to the doctors office to insure your privacy. The reason i ask is that the day after the game he got hurt in, i heard from a very good source that some in the medical community think its a rotator cuff tear.
and i am not sure its possible to have a better source than i had at the time. of course that was before the mri but who knows

If so why are they waiting to operate?

Michael82
12-24-2005, 12:10 AM
if it was a rotator tear, he would have have the surgery already and/or would not be throwing the ball and practicing with the team as the #2 QB. :shakeno:

Spiderweb
12-24-2005, 12:30 AM
you guys need to stop getting so worked up about draft position...the only thing a higher draft slot guarantees us is that we have to pay our draft pick more. Once we get rid of Donahoe and bring in a GM with half a clue, we could get just as good a player in slot 10 as we would in slot 8, for example.

Rounds 10-20 still land extremely talented players, as much a 1-10, especially when you consider the cost differential between those two.

We had #4 overall a fews ago and all we have to show for it is an extraordinary amount of $$$ out the window. Even TD was wary and has said that when the Bills were on the clock for that choice, no one called.

With the next CBA, I for one, hope that they establish a far better system regarding these high draft choices and the ridiculous amounts of $$$ they receive. It ultimately effects the vets so may there will be something done here to restore some sanity.