X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

My attempt at playing GM

Here is my shot at my plan for the Bills in the offseason.

HC if you prefer someone with HC experience I would go to the college ranks and hire Jim Tressel of Ohio State

If you prefer a defensive coach, I hire Ted Cottrell

Offensive coach, I hire Gary Kubiak

Player decisions, Sam Adams and Eric Moulds either restructure or they are cut.

Mike Williams, Jeff Posey, Bennie Anderson and Coy Wire are cut.

Nate Clements is franchised and traded to a team dumb enough to trade their 1st rd pick for him The Oakland Raiders

Trey Teague is not resigned, Josh Reed is offered the minimum contract. Angelo Crowell is resigned.

Now I may have missed some players here but those are the main guys.

With the Bills first pick I draft Mathius Kiwanuka DE
    Adams at NT, Kelsay at one DE and Mathius Kiwanuka DE as the other DE

Crowell and Schobel as OLB’s and Spikes and Fletcher as ILB’s

Also say bye bye to either Vincent and or Milloy

With our second 1st Rd’er picked up in the Raider trade we draft Darnel Bing S USC

Then to fill out our #1 CB we sign Charles Woodson much cheaper than the Raiders signed Nate

2nd rd we select
    Jesse Mahelona, DT Tennessee

He can either start day 1 or take over for Sam next year, contingency plan if Sam wont renegotiate, sign Larry Triplett DT of the Colts as insurance if rookie isn’t ready

3rd rd we select

Taitusi Lutui, OG USC

Day 1 starter at RG

We retain McNally as line coach, we sign Steve Hutchinson and LeCharles Bentley

Our new OL is Mike Gandy at LT, Steve Hutchinson at LG Bentley at C Lutui at RG and Jason Peters at RT

Our next 3rd rd pick is
    Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame

May start day 1 if Eric Moulds doesn’t resign at lower cap hit, contingency plan if Moulds doesn’t sign is to sign Isaac Bruce to a 1 year contract when the Rams cut him

Also Kevin Everett will be our starting TE and we release Mark Campbell and Tim Euhus and with our compensatory pick in rd 3 for losing Pat Williams we select

Dominique Byrd, TE USC he will battle Everett for the starting spot and will make a great blocking TE

Our 4th rd selection will then be

Justin Wyatt, CB USC

So there you have it a young team that may or may not compete come day 1 of the 2006 season based on team chemistry but definitely a step in the right direction, so now rip my plan LOL
  • fliefish
    • Jan 2004

Re: My attempt at playing GM

The only thing that you forgot is the new Head Coach and GM, who I assume by all those USC draft picks will be Pete Carrol

Comment

• L.A. Playa
      • Aug 2003

HC is touched in the begining and the USC players are great players and NFL ready due to great college coaching, Pete Carrol is a great COLLEGE coach and recruiter Idont think he would do well in the NFL but he does know how to prepare players for the NFL, IE. Carson Palmer, Keary Colbert, Kenchi Udeze

Comment

• gonzo1105
        • Jul 2002

I'm sorry but that is just not good. You honestly think the Raiders would give up a top 10 pick and then we would take Darrell Bing with that pick? i'm telling you right now Kiwanuka is gonna start falling down people's draft boards. People consider him a tweener because he is so tall. They dont feel he can add much bulk either that he has filled out his frame. I'm just saying dont be surprised. I've been trying to say it to all the Kiwanuka lovers, if were gonna draft a DE it better be Mario Williams. You also think that Charles Woodson is goin to come cheap? If Clements is franchised, Woodson would still be the top CB on the market even after being hurt and he would get a big deal.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

and using Clumps cap #s we could sign

Bentley $4 mil cap charge
          Hutchinson $6 mil cap charge
          Woodson $3.5 cap charge
          Triplett $2.5 mil cap charge or Adams lower cap # to 1 mil
          Bruce $1 mil or Moulds lower cap # to 5 mil

rookies lets say $10 Mil

total cap charge $27 mil and still be around $5 mil under cap for depth signings

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

I would rather take a chance on a tweaner DE (ie. Dwight Freeny) than a massive OT (ie. Mike Williams ) just my personal preference but we are all entitiled to our own opinions

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

If the Bills don't select an offensive lineman in the first round, I think Ralph, and 50 million Bills fans world wide will have a collective stroke, and 50,000,001 heads will explode instantaniously. Just my opinion.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

1st rd OL to me are a waste of cap space

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Cotrell? Based on what? Wade Phillips is a better DC.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                    • Aug 2003

Wade will never be back in Buffalo, Ted Cotrell has always run a good defense and was well liked in Buffalo

Comment

• hydro014
                      • May 2004

D'Brick is the only OL that is worth a top 10 pick, and he should be gone by pick #5. We can t use another top 10 pick on an a OL. also Kiwi is not as good as mario williams, williams is better at stopping the run and can still pass rush, kiwi is better at rushing and can struggle at times at stoppingthe run, IMO williams has a ton of upside.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hydro014
                        D'Brick is the only OL that is worth a top 10 pick, and he should be gone by pick #5. We can t use another top 10 pick on an a OL. also Kiwi is not as good as mario williams, williams is better at stopping the run and can still pass rush, kiwi is better at rushing and can struggle at times at stoppingthe run, IMO williams has a ton of upside.
                        Maybe Ngata, Kiwi, and D'Brick will all be gone by the time we pick (along with Leinhert and Bush of course). Perhaps we would have Williams fall to us and take him by default.

Either way, I would take any of the 3 (Ngata, WIlliams, Kiwi) players, surely one of them would be available when we pick.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          If the Bills don't select an offensive lineman in the first round, I think Ralph, and 50 million Bills fans world wide will have a collective stroke, and 50,000,001 heads will explode instantaniously. Just my opinion.
                          I do not want an OL in the top 10 picks. Way too big of a risk for the money. Look at Mike Williams. Look at McKinney. Look at Gallary. For every good OL picked in the top 15, there seems to be any number of busts.

I like the idea of a LB. Maybe a CB. These positions are much better on the risk reward ratio. My issue with DE is that we have a couple of guys who can play the position fairly well - if we move to a 3-4, we have a pretty good lineup. Well, good on paper anyway.
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                            I do not want an OL in the top 10 picks. Way too big of a risk for the money. Look at Mike Williams. Look at McKinney. Look at Gallary. For every good OL picked in the top 15, there seems to be any number of busts.

I like the idea of a LB. Maybe a CB. These positions are much better on the risk reward ratio. My issue with DE is that we have a couple of guys who can play the position fairly well - if we move to a 3-4, we have a pretty good lineup. Well, good on paper anyway.
                            I agree about your point on 1st rounder O-Lineman. However, I dont like the 3-4 scenario very much. The reason? Takeo Spikes. I want Takeo to have as much room as he needs to move around and not be limited by having 3 LBs next to him. However, I wouldn't be opposed to running a 34 hybrid that would still allow us to utilize Spikes's talents. But I dont want to run a defense like the ones NE and San Diego have. I think this would hamper Spikes. Do you think Urlacher or Ray Lewis would want to play in a 3-4? JMO though.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                              I like the idea of a LB. Maybe a DB.

By the way, if we move to a 3-4, where would our Nose Tackle come from?

Comment

Working...
                              X