PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Members of the Steve Hutchison fan club........

Captain Obvious
12-20-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't mean to be harsh, but Steve Hutchison is not going to be a Buffalo Bill next year. He is arguably a top 3 guard in the NFL, and I can see why posters would want him as a bill, but the reality is the Seahawks are projected to be $20 million under the cap next year. After they sign Shawn Alexander, they will still have enough money to sign Steve. Looking at the Seahawks and looking at the Bills, why would he want to leave Seattle to come to Buffalo?

gr8slayer
12-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Because we have the best RB in the NFL?

Lexwhat
12-20-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm not saying we are going to be the ones to land Hutchison, but it's not necessary that he will stay in Seattle.

Remember, Seattle almost didn't want to sign Shaun Alexander to an extension. Maybe they won't be willing to sign Hutchison to a high-priced extension. Hutchison could be on a different team next year.

Devin
12-20-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't mean to be harsh, but Steve Hutchison is not going to be a Buffalo Bill next year. He is arguably a top 3 guard in the NFL, and I can see why posters would want him as a bill, but the reality is the Seahawks are projected to be $20 million under the cap next year. After they sign Shawn Alexander, they will still have enough money to sign Steve. Looking at the Seahawks and looking at the Bills, why would he want to leave Seattle to come to Buffalo?

THANK YOU. :bf1:

id love to have the guy here, but theres no chance.

I dont know about that cap number for seattle. They signed their QB and OT to monster deals and will have to do the same for alexander. Even so there are like 4-5 teams that will be 20+ mil under the cap that would most certainly want him.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
On the topic of guards, there is a guard from the U. of Georgia named Max-Jean Gilles. He is projected to be taken in the 1st round, but if he somehow slips to the 2nd Round(not likely) and he is available when the bills pick, the bills have to take him. He is that good. If he is not available, the bills FO can consider taking whoever the 2nd best guard is in the 2nd Round. This is a more realitic scenario to improving our guard play than signing Steve Hutchison.

RedEyE
12-20-2005, 08:44 PM
That's what I've been saying all along. Just because the guy is an FA, doesn't instantly make him a Buffalo Bill. And a 3rd, 4th or 5th round G is more than likely not going to start day one in the NFL.

Again, go after OT Brick Ferguson (if available) in the draft

....well ****, I'm not typing it again:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=87922

L.A. Playa
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
from what Iread the Seahawks have to address some defensive needsin FA and they will choose between Hutchinson and Alexander to sign, and the will choose Alexander. Not saying Hutchinson will ever sign here but people where shocked when Woodysigned with Detroit

anyway I say draft Taitusi Lutui, OG USC in the 3rd rd he will be a starter and a star from day 1

RedEyE
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
On the topic of guards, there is a guard from the U. of Georgia named Max-Jean Gilles. He is projected to be taken in the 1st round, but if he somehow slips to the 2nd Round(not likely) and he is available when the bills pick, the bills have to take him. He is that good. If he is not available, the bills FO can consider taking whoever the 2nd best guard is in the 2nd Round. This is a more realitic scenario to improving our guard play than signing Steve Hutchison.

Max-Jean Gilles is a maniac on the OL. As of right now he is projected to go late 1st round (like 28th).

I highly doubt he slides to the 2nd round. In fact, as long as he keeps his nose clean and performs well at the combine, the guy will probably even slide up.

I'm not at all opposed to Buffalo trading up there 2nd round pick and a bit more to snag this cat.

G. Host
12-20-2005, 08:53 PM

Hopefully with all that money they will be willing to take Willis off our hands for a bundle of money and some draft picks when Shawn Alexander goes elsewhere!

Throne Logic
12-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Not saying Hutchinson will ever sign here but people where shocked when Woodysigned with Detroit

Now what does that say about Buffalo - that he chose to go to Detroit?

feelthepain
12-21-2005, 12:44 AM

...unh uhhh, no he di'inn!!!:lmao:

slakjaw157
12-21-2005, 12:49 AM

Don't forget about the Hall of Fame Defense.

Night Train
12-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Now what does that say about Buffalo - that he chose to go to Detroit?

That Detroit vastly overpaid. I remember seeing that contract and just laughing. It was double that everyone else was offering. Something like a 10 Mil signing bonus.

clumping platelets
12-21-2005, 05:47 AM
There will be many suitors for Steve Hutchinson

Spiderweb
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
There will be many suitors for Steve Hutchinson
32 of them, which includes Seattle.....

Bill Brasky
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
This is why we must sign LeCharles Bentley!!!!! :pray: