PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson planning special celebration for Sat

Demon
12-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Bengals' Johnson planning new celebration

Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is dreaming of a whitetail Christmas.

The Bengals receiver suggested Tuesday that he has a special touchdown celebration planned for Cincinnati's game on Christmas Eve, one that will top his Riverdance, his end zone putt and his sideline proposal from earlier this season.

A surrogate reindeer, perhaps?

"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."

Even if Johnson is serious -- and, with him, there's no telling -- coach Marvin Lewis would certainly put his foot down. So Johnson's scheme may never get beyond the talking stage.

He wasn't joking about his desire to come up with a celebration that will keep fans talking long after the Bengals' last regular-season home game.

Fans in Detroit booed when he merely handed the ball to an official following his touchdown during a 41-17 victory Sunday that clinched the AFC North title. It was only the second time this season that he didn't celebrate a touchdown -- the other came when the officials needed time to decide if he had scored, spoiling the moment.

"But this Saturday, I'll be back to my old self," he said. "You can look forward to the celebration being part of something that has to do with Christmas. It's going to be fun. I might get in trouble, so I might as well let that out now. I might get in trouble for what I'm going to do, but it's worth it."

Johnson was excited by the thought of getting a deer into the end zone routine. His Riverdance brought him national attention as a hoofer. Now, he's fixated on hooves.

"This is going to be the greatest celebration of all time, man," he said. "I actually use an animal."

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2267038

Sorry if already posted.

You're guess is as good as mine. I wonder what he is thinking...... i wonder if it will have anything to do with Takeo Spikes cuz didnt Spikes diss Cincy when he left??

Lexwhat
12-21-2005, 03:13 AM
I cant wait!!!!!!

Jeff1220
12-21-2005, 06:26 AM
I like CJ. The biggest difference that I see between his celebrating and talk and TO's is that he appears to be doing it all in good fun, where TO's goal seems to be pi$$ing someone off.

Tatonka
12-21-2005, 06:40 AM
i am sure nate will be standing there watching after getting beat by johnson.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2005, 07:01 AM
WARNING TO BILLS D- DO NOT LET THIS PUNK DANCE.

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->Associated Press

<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5483) is dreaming of a whitetail Christmas.
<!--------------------------START PLAYER CARD------------------><TABLE class=tableheadFixWidth cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=200 align=right><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD class=whitelink colSpan=2>Chad Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5483)</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s5483.jpgWide Receiver
Cincinnati Bengals

Profile (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5483)</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=190 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=middle colSpan=6>2005 SEASON STATISTICS</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND: #bcbcb4" align=right><TD width="17%">Rec</TD><TD width="17%">Yds</TD><TD width="17%">TD</TD><TD width="17%">Avg</TD><TD width="17%">Long</TD><TD width="17%">YAC</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#999999><TD>84</TD><TD>1260</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>258</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!---------------------INLINE MINI-PLAYER CARD ENDS HERE--------------------->

The Bengals receiver suggested Tuesday that he has a special touchdown celebration planned for Cincinnati's game on Christmas Eve, one that will top his Riverdance, his end zone putt and his sideline proposal from earlier this season.
"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."
Even if Johnson is serious -- and, with him, there's no telling -- coach Marvin Lewis would certainly put his foot down. So Johnson's scheme may never get beyond the talking stage. He wasn't joking about his desire to come up with a celebration that will keep fans talking long after the Bengals' last regular-season home game
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2267038

JD
12-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Football has turned into a god damn soap opera + 75% commercial + 25% game.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2005, 07:13 AM

That's why we love hockey JD, less commercials/more action.

Gunzlingr
12-21-2005, 08:03 AM
merged

Novacane
12-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I hope he scored 4 times.

madness
12-21-2005, 08:27 AM

That's exactly why I love my TiVo.

gr8slayer
12-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Im almost at the point now where I wouldnt mind us losing out just to get a better draft spot. I hope he has a huge game but I dont think it will happen.

Nate shut him down nicely last year.

RedEyE
12-21-2005, 09:36 AM
His dances are going to get pretty boring after seeing after the first qrtr.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Tears are going to end up dancing in my eyes

STAMPY
12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Chad Johnson RULES!!!!!!!!!! Most entertaining guy in all of sports

Drive 4 Five
12-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Im almost at the point now where I wouldnt mind us losing out just to get a better draft spot. I hope he has a huge game but I dont think it will happen.

Nate shut him down nicely last year.

Oh, I see. So you rip someone else in an earlier thread for saying he/she has given up on the team, and then here you are saying that you would rather us lose to the Bengals for a better draft pick? What the hell is that?

"Once proud Bills fan? Sucks to be you giving up on your team."

Sounds like Once Proud Bill's Fan is not the only loser according to your own rationale.

The Natrix
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
F Chad Johnson

Devin
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I am sure he will get to do it often.

doomsdayvirus
12-21-2005, 10:37 AM
i hope he's got like 5 or 6 more celebrations planned.

he's going to need them.

maybe they'll involve a goat, or a gerbil....

Demon
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
i hope he's got like 5 or 6 more celebrations planned.

he's going to need them.

maybe they'll involve a goat, or a gerbil....

hahaha i was gonna say the same thing, i hope he doesn't disappoint his fans, he's gonna need more then one. lol

Crazygoo
12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
As much as i hate to say it...i hope he make Nate look really bad.

BAM
12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
can't wait to see it

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
As much as i hate to say it...i hope he make Nate look really bad.Unfortunately he will.:crap: CJ is possibly the best reciever in the NFL today. Wished he was in Buffalo.:bighug:

don137
12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm going against Palmer in one of my fantasy leagues. I hope Clements shuts him down...

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I love Chad Johnson! And I have a story about him from my seats. A few years back I had him in my fantasy team. I was starting him against the Bills (turned out to be a mistake as Clements shut him down). So it's in pregame warmups and he comes walking around the wall saying, "I wanna talk to dees Bills fans". So he gets to us and I say, "Bro, I've got you on my fantasy team today!" With a mouth full of Gold Teeth, dude says, "whatca want, Whatca want?" I say, "after we're up 35 -0 I want 3 Touchdowns!" He says, "you got it" as he runs on the field.

Loved it. Me and my crew have loved that guy since that day. And he's so funny

Scumbag College
12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
How is Chad Johnson going to do any celebration when he's one on one with the Bills' playmaker, Nate Clements, the best cornerback in the league...buahahahaha, i can't even type that without laughing.

Mr. Cynical
12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
If he is planning on using a reindeer for every TD celebration, you can expect to see Santa's entire lineup from Rudolph to Blitzen.

Mr. Cynical
12-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I like CJ. The biggest difference that I see between his celebrating and talk and TO's is that he appears to be doing it all in good fun, where TO's goal seems to be pi$$ing someone off.

That's actually a good point. I don't see it as him taunting/dissing the other team or their fans. I see it more as him just having fun.

I'll admit however that I haven't seen him much on TV or in games, so I could be wrong.

JD
12-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Associated Press
CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is dreaming of a whitetail Christmas.
Even if Johnson is serious -- and, with him, there's no telling -- coach Marvin Lewis would certainly put his foot down. So Johnson's scheme may never get beyond the talking stage.
He wasn't joking about his desire to come up with a celebration that will keep fans talking long after the Bengals' last regular-season home game.
Fans in Detroit booed when he merely handed the ball to an official following his touchdown during a 41-17 victory Sunday that clinched the AFC North title. It was only the second time this season that he didn't celebrate a touchdown -- the other came when the officials needed time to decide if he had scored, spoiling the moment.
"But this Saturday, I'll be back to my old self," he said. "You can look forward to the celebration being part of something that has to do with Christmas. It's going to be fun. I might get in trouble, so I might as well let that out now. I might get in trouble for what I'm going to do, but it's worth it."
Johnson was excited by the thought of getting a deer into the end zone routine. His Riverdance brought him national attention as a hoofer. Now, he's fixated on hooves.
"This is going to be the greatest celebration of all time, man," he said. "I actually use an animal."
Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2267038
Sorry if already posted.
You're guess is as good as mine. I wonder what he is thinking...... i wonder if it will have anything to do with Takeo Spikes cuz didnt Spikes diss Cincy when he left??

sadly, this is going to be the most exciting game of the year

MTBillsFan
12-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Doesn't the NFL not like premeditated dances? If he scores...which he won't... I hope the NFL fines and suspends that punk a$$...by the way Shaun Alexander should be as well. its football not a damn britney spears video!

ublinkwescore
12-22-2005, 05:19 PM
wow he plans his special celebration against the new bengals - way to go out on a limb there buzz lightyear.

kinigirly
12-22-2005, 06:19 PM
i hope he does. tell him to put a strap on mcgahee and ride him. maybe he'll run farther on the field with someone cracking a whip on ass

L.A. Playa
12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
i hope he does. tell him to put a strap on mcgahee and ride him. maybe he'll run farther on the field with someone cracking a whip on ass

:spit: I gotta meet this girl someday :lmao:

Michael82
12-22-2005, 07:48 PM
OMG! That would be ****ing hilarious! :roflmao:

DaBills
12-22-2005, 09:16 PM
MTBillsFan - NFL rules only cover people, not game. He got a special deer-waiver.

The celebration will hopefully involve Chad and Bambi pretending they're looking on Monster.com for our next GM.

Typ0
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
:spit: I gotta meet this girl someday :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw someone signed up as kinkigirly.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2005, 08:31 PM
it's kinigirly - that to me suggested she likes the way she looks in a bikini - that got me intrigued.

Though Kinkygirly would have had me more intrigued.

kinigirly
12-23-2005, 10:37 PM
jackasses! i'd put effort into this but the overwhelming stench of niagara falls is putting me to bed. man have i missed the stench...:cloud9:

bills&sabresmvf
12-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Guys you didn't hear?? this is what he's going to do. He's going to score a touchdown and go up to the pressbox and fire Donahoe. He already got the rights from Wilson!

ublinkwescore
12-24-2005, 07:44 AM
woohoo - chad johnson for president.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2005, 07:44 AM
jackasses! i'd put effort into this but the overwhelming stench of niagara falls is putting me to bed. man have i missed the stench...:cloud9:

:teary:

The_Philster
12-24-2005, 11:04 AM
:welcome: home :bighug: