Novacane
12-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Clements?

WTF for?

same reason Ruben Brown made so many pro-bowls. Reputation

Michael82
12-21-2005, 02:18 PM
McGahee? :rofl:
I was thinking the same thing. WTF did he do?

Michael82
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
All I gotta say is....

It's about time that Brian Moorman finally gets in. :bf1:

But I think that McGee and Fletcher both got snubbed. They should have been in, instead of alternates.

FlyingDutchman
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I saw that! Its about time Moorman made it! I think the only reason Mcgahee made the alternate squad is just bc he is a top 5 afc rusher...IMO Moorman and Mcgee are the only ones who deserve to even make the trip....

TacklingDummy
12-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Congrats to Moorman. It's about time he didn't get screwed and made the Pro Bowl.

Clements is a good CB. It's not his fault that Jerry Gray calls a defense in which Clements lines up 8 yards off the WR. Clements will be missed by Buffalo if he leaves. Mark my words.

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Clements?

WTF for?
Because he’s really good!

Just because he’s had a few bad games at the end of a terrible season does not mean he’s garbage.

And remember, this is only 1/3 fan vote. 2/3 of the votes are from players and management.

This guy is respected around the league. Sometimes you have to resign your great players. You’re buying into TD’s ideology if you concentrate on the cap too much! I read a stat that said that this year the Jets are spending something like 120 Mill on salaries, the Dolphins 115, the pats 92 and the Bills 81. And seeing as how if the Jets didn’t lose every QB on their Roster we’d be in last place (and we still have a shot at that) it’s not a surprise.

TD is deadly afraid to spend money and it’s killing us!!!!!!!

And don’t be *******s, I know what the cap number is, but the above numbers include bonuses.

We’ve been hearing for years that the Phins are just a step away from cap hell, but yet they just keep spending money and besides for last year, finish with a better record then us all the time. Hell, they were down for one year and they’re back to 7-7! You guys are all talking like It’s going to take 5 years before we’re good again! Insane!

We’ve got guys that watch this cap all the time. They should see what these other teams are doing.

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
McGee absolutely should have made it as a returner, and of course Moorman. No one else on this joke of a team deserves it.

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Congrats to Moorman. It's about time he didn't get screwed and made the Pro Bowl.
Clements is a good CB. It's not his fault that Jerry Gray calls a defense in which Clements lines up 8 yards off the WR. Clements will be missed by Buffalo if he leaves. Mark my words.

400 yards passing on us every game if we go into next year with Mcgee as our number 1 Corner.

You're dead on!

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Because he’s really good!
Just because he’s had a few bad games at the end of a terrible season does not mean he’s garbage.
And remember, this is only 1/3 fan vote. 2/3 of the votes are from players and management.
This guy is respected around the league. Sometimes you have to resign your great players. You’re buying into TD’s ideology if you concentrate on the cap too much! I read a stat that said that this year the Jets are spending something like 120 Mill on salaries, the Dolphins 115, the pats 92 and the Bills 81. And seeing as how if the Jets didn’t lose every QB on their Roster we’d be in last place (and we still have a shot at that) it’s not a surprise.
TD is deadly afraid to spend money and it’s killing us!!!!!!!
And don’t be *******s, I know what the cap number is, but the above numbers include bonuses.
We’ve been hearing for years that the Phins are just a step away from cap hell, but yet they just keep spending money and besides for last year, finish with a better record then us all the time. Hell, they were down for one year and they’re back to 7-7! You guys are all talking like It’s going to take 5 years before we’re good again! Insane!
We’ve got guys that watch this cap all the time. They should see what these other teams are doing.

Worst. Post. Ever. He's had 4 bad games out of 12- how does that make a pro bowl season?

And it's not just about the money- it's about value. If Clements was WORTH the money he will cost, it might be a different story and it might be worth figuring out how these other team manage it. But he's far too streaky to justify top 5 CB money and tie our hands with other positions. Everyone has bad games, but top 5 CB's NEVER give up 220 yards.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
400 yards passing on us every game if we go into next year with Mcgee as our number 1 Corner.
You're dead on!

:goodpost:

I agree. People are *****ing about Nate because of Chambers and Rod Smith. Nate wasn't even responsible for the coverage on those 2 half the time. I blame Jerry Gray. Why wasn't your best CB playing Chambers on Miami's last series of the game?

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:27 PM
You're dead on!

And worst run defense in the league and worst run offense in the league if we DO resign him because we won't have money to fix the OL or the DL.

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:33 PM
:goodpost:
I agree. People are *****ing about Nate because of Chambers and Rod Smith. Nate wasn't even responsible for the coverage on those 2 half the time. I blame Jerry Gray. Why wasn't your best CB playing Chambers on Miami's last series of the game?

Right on! But people don't see that! they just see that the number 1 WR's got a bunch of yards and start placing blame.

We'll cut Nate Clements, Sam Adams and Eric Moulds and stick with JP and we'll be 2-14 next year and these same people will be *****ing, Meanwhile these 3 will all have pro bowl years. There's no doubt in my mind. Whichever of these guys get cut will all end up in the pro bowl and most likely play for playoff teams next year.

Man the football talk around here has been weak lately!

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Right on! But people don't see that! they just see that the number 1 WR's got a bunch of yards and start placing blame.
We'll cut Nate Clements, Sam Adams and Eric Moulds and stick with JP and we'll be 2-14 next year and these same people will be *****ing, Meanwhile these 3 will all have pro bowl years. There's no doubt in my mind. Whichever of these guys get cut will all end up in the pro bowl and most likely play for playoff teams next year.
Man the football talk around here has been weak lately!

right, and if we keep all those guys and have no money for an OL or a DL, we'll be 4-12 and in cap jail. That's so much better than 2-14 :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
If they cut Sam Adams then we will need more D-line help. We won't need just 1 DT we will need 2.

I hope Adams, Clements and Moulds are all Bills next year. But I understand players come and go. We need Clements and Adams next year. Moulds we can live without since JP doesn't throw to him anyways and it would be best for Eric to goto another team.

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:42 PM
right, and if we keep all those guys and have no money for an OL or a DL, we'll be 4-12 and in cap jail. That's so much better than 2-14 :rolleyes:

Cap Jail??????? Teams resign players all the time and nobody goes into "cap jail" anymore!

Like I said before. TD has you fooled into cheap thinking! You may hate him, but you've bought into his ideology.

BAM
12-21-2005, 02:44 PM
ADAMS?????????//

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:45 PM
If they cut Sam Adams then we will need more D-line help. We won't need just 1 DT we will need 2.
I hope Adams, Clements and Moulds are all Bills next year. But I understand players come and go. We need Clements and Adams next year. Moulds we can live without since JP doesn't throw to him anyways and it would be best for Eric to goto another team.

I agree. I think they're all important, but keeping all 3 will be tough. I really like what Moulds brings to the table though.

All of these Salary cap experts trying to save up for cap space for winter. Glad we saved the extra cap room we have this year. I'm sure a Ross Verba wouldn't have helped anyway!

Gunzlingr
12-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I want to keep Adams and Moulds, but Nate has been burned time and time again this year and needs to be tagged and shipped off.

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:46 PM

I say we need two DL anyway and if Adams goes, we need 3. I was a huge fan of his before this season, but after seeing how he played and his attitude, I'm not so sure. He's still by far the best DT on this team though. The scary part is that if Mularkey stays, Adams is as good as gone. they've already had two blow-ups.

I'd like to keep Clements because he's definitely above average corner, but we're going to have to give him Champ Bailey/Chris McAllister money and I don't think he's worth it. We're sort of screwed- either we pay top dollar for a slightly above average player, or we look elsewhere and get a CB who's not nearly as good.

If Moulds doesn't restructure, he should be cut. He's not worth anywhere close to $11 million.

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Cap Jail??????? Teams resign players all the time and nobody goes into "cap jail" anymore!
Like I said before. TD has you fooled into cheap thinking! You may hate him, but you've bought into his ideology.

Apparently the salary cap doesn't exist in your world. Let's just become the titans where we have a mediocre season then have to cut 6 starters to go under the cap. That's a much better "ideology".

show me another team that's paying top 5 CB money AND $11 million to an over the hill receiver. CB is the highest paid position in the NFL- Nate isn't exactly your average re-signing.

Also, SMART GM's do what we did with McGee- lock them up early so they can't screw us when their contracts expire.

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 02:51 PM
show me another team that's paying top 5 CB money AND $11 million to an over the hill receiver. .

Don't feel like it.

Slim
12-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't feel like it.

....Your an idiot.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Also, SMART GM's do what we did with McGee- lock them up early so they can't screw us when their contracts expire.

McGee is no Nate Clements. I don't want McGee lining up across Chambers (Twice), J. Smith, M. Harrison, J. Walker, Givens (2), Muhameed, and Roy Williams next year.

Mudflap1
12-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Adams is ridiculous. As for McGee, oridinarily he would make it as a returner, but the guy on the Texans is actually ahead of him.

Jon

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 03:52 PM
McGee absolutely should have made it as a returner, and of course Moorman. No one else on this joke of a team deserves it. I agree McGee should be in as returner and Moorman is good enough as well and thats a shame these 2 are the only 2 worth going this team is much more talented than this.

Samphin1
12-21-2005, 03:55 PM
On a lighter note, Miami got Thomas, Taylor and Chambers in the Pro Bowl this year. :) I believe McMichael and Madison were alternates as well.

Bill Brasky
12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
pro bowl is such a joke... if Buffalo has so many pro bowlers why are they 4-10?

Patrick76777
12-21-2005, 03:59 PM
....Your an idiot.

Just don't feel like wasting my day looking up rosters! It would take forever!

thecoordinator
12-21-2005, 04:10 PM
congradulations on your punter making the probowl.

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks! More shoulda been there but thats what happens when your 4-10.

MikeInRoch
12-21-2005, 04:30 PM
It's no surprise that our punter made the Pro Bowl. I'll bet he's had the most punts in the league the last few years.

The_Philster
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
same reason Ruben Brown made so many pro-bowls. Reputation
I used to think that as well...gotta watch him more closely..he was regularly pancaking his guys

bacardi
12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks! More shoulda been there but thats what happens when your 4-10.

yeah, but look at the titans, they have that awesome DE vandem bosch i think his name is, and he didn't get in, he has around the 2nd/3rd most sacks in the AFC and yet he didnt make it, at least you guys got a player in and a few good alternates though. even if the only starter is a punter..... right??

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah, but look at the titans, they have that awesome DE vandem bosch i think his name is, and he didn't get in, he has around the 2nd/3rd most sacks in the AFC and yet he didnt make it, at least you guys got a player in and a few good alternates though. even if the only starter is a punter..... right??Agreed good point!

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
McGee is no Nate Clements. I don't want McGee lining up across Chambers (Twice), J. Smith, M. Harrison, J. Walker, Givens (2), Muhameed, and Roy Williams next year.

I hear ya, but the alternative is letting Clements eat up 12 million in cap space- we'll have 20% or more of our cap to pay just him and Moulds. But Patrick thinks that not doing this is being cheap. He's a genius.

Nublar7
12-21-2005, 05:55 PM
On a lighter note, Miami got Thomas, Taylor and Chambers in the Pro Bowl this year. :) I believe McMichael and Madison were alternates as well.Donnie Jones was is also an alternative for the Dolphins. :)

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
I do hope Clement and Adams are back with Takeos return it will be a big boost on D. Moulds I have mixed emotions hes not happy but with the performance he put on vs Denver he would be missed!

MTBillsFan
12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Way to go Moorman! It's about time this dude gets recognized! He's been the most consistent player on the Bills the last 3 years.

GO BILLS

Devin
12-21-2005, 11:26 PM
uggggghhhhh it hurts worse when you say it like that.

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 08:25 AM
pro bowl is such a joke... if Buffalo has so many pro bowlers why are they 4-10?

one ST player and three alternates? I wouldn't call that "so many".

Philagape
12-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Five alternates ... Adams, Fletcher, McGee, Willis, Nate. That list confirms what a joke the Pro Bowl is

Michael82
12-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Way to go Moorman! It's about time this dude gets recognized! He's been the most consistent player on the Bills the last 3 years.

GO BILLS
You could even say that he's been our MVP for the last 3 years. :ill:

AndreReed83
01-07-2006, 04:27 AM
No one goes into cap jail anymore? Did I miss something. There are teams like the Jets that are in cap jail and look very bleak for the next few years because they have no money to spend. I seriously don't think we have room to pay a CB 8-9 mil who did not earn it. He might be getting over-hated on, but he was still one of the biggest disappointments of the season.