PDA

View Full Version : anyone who wants to lose to the Jets

Marvelous
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Makes me sick.. Division rival..Hello.....I wouldn't care if it were outside the east, but cmon Bills fans....

Iehoshua
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Well said, Lord Krumrie...

Novacane
12-21-2005, 04:59 PM
If it puts the final nail in MM's coffin then I hope the Jets crush the Bills

kevinj22
12-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Makes me sick.. Division rival..Hello.....I wouldn't care if it were outside the east, but cmon Bills fans.... I TOTALLY agree with you on this one. I don't care if we lost 14 out of 16 as long as the two wins are against the J-e-t-s. They are for me my most hated team in any sport.

Mr. Cynical
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Lose big, win big.

Meaningless game. Stakes are far beyond a rivalry between two s**t teams right now. Primary goal is to oust TD and start becoming a real team again. Losing out the rest of the way helps that happen.

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Makes me sick.. Division rival..Hello.....I wouldn't care if it were outside the east, but cmon Bills fans....

say that now. Wait til they draft Reggie Bush and we have to play him twice a year for the next 6-10 seasons. That's worth a meaningless late season victory by players who have clearly demonstrated that they have no pride :rolleyes:

paladin warrior
12-21-2005, 05:46 PM
NO!!!! Jets must win. Bills will get good draft next yrs.

feelthepain
12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
This is exactly the same situation Miami fans had last year. Some fans wanted to lose out and get the highest pick we could get, others didn't want to lose a game. It's all a matter of opinion. But all Bills fans want the same thing, to be a better team. Just the way it happens is where the fans are at odds. Relax people, you're all Bill fans and you love your team, You all don't have to agree how the Bills should go about things. I think any fan that hates on another fan of the same team because of a point of view is the worst kind of fan, and usually the most immature.

I know some fans are relentless in their winning attitude and thats great, but sometimes you need to take a step backwards to move forward. To hate another fan for looking for other ways to improve the team other then just "wins" is narrow minded and has no vision. I'm sure the coaches don't think wins are the only way to improve the team.

Nighthawk
12-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Lose big, win big.

Meaningless game. Stakes are far beyond a rivalry between two s**t teams right now. Primary goal is to oust TD and start becoming a real team again. Losing out the rest of the way helps that happen.

This is how everybody should look at this game and the Cinci game. There is absolutely nothing to gain by winning these last 2 games and everything to gain by losing them. Let me list them for you: a) TD gets fired, b) MM gets fired (hopefully) and c) better draft pick to address one of the many needs on this team.

Albany,n.y.
12-21-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm on the losing to the Jets bandwagon. Here's why: By losing not only do we move up in the draft, but we push the Jets down. Therefore the Jets don't get a franchise QB or RB and if they lose, the Jets almost certainly get a great player. Even if they pick 4th, they would be in a position to trade up. If we lose we keep the Jets from being able to take a player who can become the cornerstone of the franchise. Beat the Jets on 1/1, lose to them for the next decade-Lose to the Jets and we beat them the next decade-maybe in a game for the divisional crown. Short sighted , win meaningless game fans make me sick.

dolphinssuck
12-21-2005, 07:43 PM
This is exactly the same situation Miami fans had last year. Some fans wanted to lose out and get the highest pick we could get, others didn't want to lose a game. It's all a matter of opinion. But all Bills fans want the same thing, to be a better team. Just the way it happens is where the fans are at odds. Relax people, you're all Bill fans and you love your team, You all don't have to agree how the Bills should go about things. I think any fan that hates on another fan of the same team because of a point of view is the worst kind of fan, and usually the most immature.

I know some fans are relentless in their winning attitude and thats great, but sometimes you need to take a step backwards to move forward. To hate another fan for looking for other ways to improve the team other then just "wins" is narrow minded and has no vision. I'm sure the coaches don't think wins are the only way to improve the team. I totally agree with ya on this and Miami is a much better team this year and with Ronnie Brown they will get even better. But we must improve through the draft we have nothing to gain with another win (man I hate saying that) but its true to suceed sometimes you must fail and it applies here.

G. Host
12-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Agree completely. If they agree they are Fairweather (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=220)fans.

Akhippo
12-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Being so close yet so far is my justification for losing to the Jets. Just like 02 when we were to spots from Peppers and instead landed MW. Probably would have picked Harrington anyway, however we would have had the opportunity.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I could care less if we win.

ddaryl
12-22-2005, 01:09 AM

Only a fool would win this game for pride. Pride loses you a spot in the draft and puts a division rival in fornt of you for a pick.

Since were not playing for playoffs it makes no sense to win this game. This is not a fairweather issue, this is about keeping our rivals from getting a player we covet ahead of us.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-22-2005, 01:21 AM
You play to win the game HELLO

The_Philster
12-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Only a fool would win this game for pride. Pride loses you a spot in the draft and puts a division rival in fornt of you for a pick.

Since were not playing for playoffs it makes no sense to win this game. This is not a fairweather issue, this is about keeping our rivals from getting a player we covet ahead of us.a higher spot in the draft guarantees you pay more for your draft pick...nothing more...
I hate to quote Al Davis but just win, baby

TacklingDummy
12-22-2005, 04:32 AM
The Bills will beat the Jets. It's gonna be a game no team wants to win.

I'd put all my Zone Bucks on it.

FlyingDutchman
12-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Id be surprised if we won against the jets bc we just dont show up on the road, plus this team gave up, to me that equals 2 more losses. I always love to beat division rivals, but with these quitters i just dont see it.

BAM
12-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Some of you make me sick.

It's severely disappointing to be "fans" of the same team at times.

May the dove of peace take a wholesome **** in your mouths this Holiday season. :)

Novacane
12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Agree completely. If they agree they are Fairweather (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=220)fans.
Then it looks like there are a lot of fariweather fans in this thread including some season ticket holders which you are not .
Someone who can not keep thier personal problem with another poster out of the public threads should not be a mod. Good work Dozer..............you must be desparate for help :lmao:

The Natrix
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Losers!

I'd much rather see Buffalo play well and win the final two. I'd rather go into next year thinking there are some good pieces to this team than opting to flush the roster.

I could care less if the draft pick is #5 or #11. You can still get a damn good player at 11 for less money.

Novacane
12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Have you watched the last few games. Most the players don't give a ****. Why should the fans?

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Losers!

I'd much rather see Buffalo play well and win the final two. I'd rather go into next year thinking there are some good pieces to this team than opting to flush the roster.

I could care less if the draft pick is #5 or #11. You can still get a damn good player at 11 for less money.

winning 2 meaningless games doesn't mean that we won't have to flush the roster. This team sucks and regardless of what happens in these last two games, this team needs to be gutted.

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 09:52 AM
You play to win the game HELLO

and in which games did the Bills do that this year? I watched every game and I certainly didn't see much playing to win.

dolphinssuck
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
The Bills are not giving 100% agree with this or not they just arent! Especially now that they are 4-10 and have nothing to play for. As for the belief this team sucks thats not true they are a good team under poor leadership and poor QB protection. MM has lost this team and they do not belive in him anymore which is going to cause a lack of effort. @#$N shame to have a team this talented a be 4-10.:rage:

Michael82
12-22-2005, 11:14 AM
If it puts the final nail in MM's coffin then I hope the Jets crush the Bills
I totally agree. If the Jets winning 48-9 causes Tom Donahoe, Tom Modrak, Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements, Jerry Gray, and the rest of the front office and coaching staff (except Bobby April and Sam Wyche) to be fired...then I'm all for it. :up:

Michael82
12-22-2005, 11:16 AM
I will say this too...if it comes down to the final game and the Jets have a shot at Reggie Bush and the number 1 pick...I wouldn't want that either. So, I'd take a loss then too. :ill:

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Like I said, lose big, win big. Hoping the Bills lose (and badly) is a positive thing for the Bills and the fans.

Benefits of losing to the NYJ:
1. More chance of TD/MM getting fired.
2. More chance of a better draft pick (which we can also trade down)
3. Less chance of a rival (NYJ) getting the pick we want.

Benefits of beating the Jets:
1. The ability to say "hey, we beat you in a meaningless game between two cellar dwellars".

Not a hard choice IMO.

pleasesavedrew
12-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Couldnt agree more, losing always sucks, no matter how many (or few)wins you have, last we drafted that high we screwed it up ne way.I'd rather pick a little lower and pay the guy, its less risk that way.

pleasesavedrew
12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Like I said, lose big, win big. Hoping the Bills lose (and badly) is a positive thing for the Bills and the fans.

1. The ability to say "hey, we beat you in a meaningless game between two cellar dwellars".

Not a hard choice IMO.

Doanhoe and Mularkeys fates have been sealed one way or another, these last two won't affect it. The main reason for wanting to win is pride, you gotta have pride in your team, anybody who roots against there own team just to get up a few picks higher is stupid, i hope we leave this season with a little positivity.

HAMMER
12-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm on the losing to the Jets bandwagon. Here's why: By losing not only do we move up in the draft, but we push the Jets down. Therefore the Jets don't get a franchise QB or RB and if they lose, the Jets almost certainly get a great player. Even if they pick 4th, they would be in a position to trade up. If we lose we keep the Jets from being able to take a player who can become the cornerstone of the franchise. Beat the Jets on 1/1, lose to them for the next decade-Lose to the Jets and we beat them the next decade-maybe in a game for the divisional crown. Short sighted , win meaningless game fans make me sick.

Completely overstated! Football is a team sport, one player does not guarantee victories for 10 years. Several good players added in the trenches makes for 10 years of victories.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2005, 03:56 PM

Not a hard choice IMO.

Well said!!:goodpost:

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Doanhoe and Mularkeys fates have been sealed one way or another, these last two won't affect it. The main reason for wanting to win is pride, you gotta have pride in your team, anybody who roots against there own team just to get up a few picks higher is stupid, i hope we leave this season with a little positivity.

Who is Doanhoe? I think anybody who can't spell the name of their own team's GM is stupid.

Merry Christmas! :up:

G. Host
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Some of you make me sick.

It's severely disappointing to be "fans" of the same team at times.

May the dove of peace take a wholesome **** in your mouths this Holiday season. :)

Why are you asking Fairway to visit them? That is worse than coal in the stockings!

HAMMER
12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
winning 2 meaningless games doesn't mean that we won't have to flush the roster. This team sucks and regardless of what happens in these last two games, this team needs to be gutted.

Drama Queen is at it again! Let's gut the roster so we can listen to Opi and Stink Finger the Frog ***** for another five years, classic.

Albany,n.y.
12-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Completely overstated! Football is a team sport, one player does not guarantee victories for 10 years. Several good players added in the trenches makes for 10 years of victories.
Take Tom Brady off the Patriots and how much of a genius does Belichick look like? That's three less Super Bowls for NE. I'm worried about the Jets drafting a franchise QB like Leinart who could put them over the top in a year when we're a victory over the Jets away from a championship. We don't need another Brady in the division. Football may be a team sport but the team rises or falls by who is at QB. Jets with Bollinger-an also ran, Jets with Brady (or Brady like QB)-Super Bowl contender. One player doesn't guarantee victories over the next ten years, but a franchise QB makes a heck of a difference. If we can stop them from getting this opportunity with a Bills loss-I say go for it!