PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinions...Next GM & Coach.

Nighthawk
12-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Please list who you might like to see as the next Bills GM & HC.

I personally would like to see Jimmy Johnson get the GM/HC title, but that may be too far fetched. If he isn't an answer, I would like to see Ron Wolf in here. For
Ralph to sell the fact that this team is truly moving in the right direction, he is going to need to bring a big name, proven GM & HC. No more "up & coming" coordinators...no thanks!

ublinkwescore
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Either Johnson or Mariucci (Mariucci sounds more realistic though I'd rather have Johnson).

ublinkwescore
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
For GM - I have no idea who to go after but the guy from the bears seems to have done ok with his current HC selection.

FirstDownBills
12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Bill Walsh.

paladin warrior
12-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Either Johnson or Mariucci (Mariucci sounds more realistic though I'd rather have Johnson).:crap: No No No HELL No not Mariucci...Forget about him....

paladin warrior
12-21-2005, 08:36 PM
head coach..I would like Mike Martz, Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Maybe Jim Halett if N.O don't want him....

Devin
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Bill Polian/Vince Lombardi.

Nighthawk
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Bill Polian/Vince Lombardi.

That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. :peace:

Captain Obvious
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Tom Heckert/Brad Childress

ublinkwescore
12-21-2005, 10:23 PM
:crap: No No No HELL No not Mariucci...Forget about him....

It's not like we got a fat talent laiden pool to choose from. And he's got experiences with headaches (T.O.)

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 10:34 PM
for GM I honestly don't know.

For coach, there are two key factors.
1. Previous HC experience. 2 rookies in a row seals the deal for me- we should never have another rookie HC unless it's someone we promote from the inside.

2. NO WC PEOPLE! I'm sick of pass-happy offenses like Mularkey/Clements and Gilbride, plus the weather in Buffalo and in two of our division rivals makes it very difficult to use. I want to see power running. This eliminates Martz, Mariucci and Bill Walsh (who's probably older than dirt now anyway).

I'm not thrilled with Haslett but I do think he would be an upgrade. I hate Jimmy Johnson but there aren't a lot of options and he might be just what this team needs. It will be difficult for me to root for him at first though.

OpIv37
12-21-2005, 10:35 PM
It's not like we got a fat talent laiden pool to choose from. And he's got experiences with headaches (T.O.)

I agree with Paladin on this- he's not the kind of coach we need. No more West Coast Offense guys.

paladin warrior
12-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I agree with Paladin on this- he's not the kind of coach we need. No more West Coast Offense guys. Thank You :peace:

Nublar7
12-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Tom Heckert/Brad ChildressThat is probably the best combination anyone has come up with on this board.

Martz, Capers, Sherman, Haslett, Johnson? You guys would be setting yourselfs up for another coaching change in 2-3 years. Go with someone like Childress and finally get your team pointed in the right direction. You don't want to piece your team together with a bunch of has-beens.

Devin
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
:bf1:

Throne Logic
12-21-2005, 11:30 PM
head coach..I would like Mike Martz, Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Maybe Jim Halett if N.O don't want him....

First off, I will be the first to admit that I don't know what it takes to be a great HC in the NFL. I've never seen what happens in the locker rooms, meeting rooms, and in the head offices. I can only base my opinions on the end results each candidate had delivered. That being said, end results are what truly matters.

I agree with no Mooch - not the type of offense Buffalo needs and no emphasis on defense. With the weather in Buffalo, this team needs solid defense and a strong running game.

However, this also eliminates Martz and probably Sherman. Neither of whom I like anyway. Their teams just don't seem to perform with consistency and play calling is often questionable.

Dom Capers - I'm not thrilled with him either. I know Houston has been worse than Buffalo in regards to building a team, but there's just something about that team that is off, which makes me feel that Capers would not be a great fit in Buffalo.

Haslett's NO team has been a perennial underachiever. I know he's the home-team favorite, but that was as a player. He really hasn't impressed me with the results in NO.

Not that he's even an option, but I don't believe that Jimmy Johnson is all that great of a coach. He was a decent strategist who happened to land a number of future pro-bowlers at the same time - specifically, he had the benefit of the most lopsided trade in NFL history - Herchel Walker certainly left his mark on NFL history. JJ didn't accomplish much in Miami. He put together an OK defense, but his offenses sucked.

MTBillsFan
12-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Chuck Knox GM i know i know another ex steeler, however ex bill as well...
Marty Shotenheimer(sp?) if SD fails to make the playoffs and he gets canned... otherwise, we need a drill sargent to teach some discipline to our Oline

Throne Logic
12-21-2005, 11:50 PM
OK, now that I've posted my negatives, here is what I believe the Bills should do regarding the HC. I know this will get some interesting responses.

Bobby April.

April has been the most consistently successful assistent coach in Buffalo since Wade Phillips. He's players show up and play every week - something that cannot be said for the other two squads. He's well liked and one of the very few bright spots in the entire organization at this point in time.

Why would I consider a Special Teams coach? Why not? Marv Levy was pretty good. Marv did a number of things that helped make the early 90's team special. He devoted equal attention to ALL 3 aspects of the game. Offense, Defense, and Special teams were always fairly balanced during Levy's tenure. The squads played complimentary games - The bend but don't break defense matched very well with the No-huddle offense. Marv was primarily a motivational expert. How else do you coax a bunch of spoiled millionaires to 4 straight AFC Championships? Bobby April seems to have this talent also. Marv was a decent overall strategist. Bobby April has shown some ability for this, at least in his 1/3 of the game. Most importantly, Marv was a Head Coach. He hired Coordinators to run his offense and his defense. He helped game plan and with in-game adjustments, but generally left the Coordinators to DO THEIR JOB! I believe that Bobby April, coming in from a Special Teams background, would take the same approach that Marv did.

That's my vote. Hire the the leader of the Bills' only brights spot for our new HC. Bobby April is my guy.

eee1776
12-22-2005, 09:50 AM
How about Herm Edwards if the jets let him go?. Ron Wolfe would be great as GM

ublinkwescore
12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
And I say the hell with Jim Haslett.

I'd like Herm Edwards - he'd definitely be wanting to stick it to the Jets, and he's got the Dolphins # as well.

Griz78
12-22-2005, 05:54 PM
As for GM, what about Rick Spielman who was with Miami? I just thought of him when he was doing an ESPN chat. Herm Edwards would be great IF he was let go.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Jimmy Johnson, Wolfe, April and the guy from the Bears, No to Haslett, Mooch, Capers, Fassel, Edwards and any other loser!! If you haven't been wining than I don't want your sorry ass!!

eee1776
12-23-2005, 09:57 AM
if you had been winning then your probably not available.

Mr Fan
12-23-2005, 04:20 PM
And I say the hell with Jim Haslett.
I'd like Herm Edwards - he'd definitely be wanting to stick it to the Jets, and he's got the Dolphins # as well.

Oh yes he has the Dolphins number 23-24 :lmao:

ublinkwescore
12-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I seriously doubt Herman Edwards has faced the dolphins 47 times. He wasn't the Jets head coach that long (remember a guy named Parcells was coaching them up 'til 99 or 2000?).

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 09:11 PM
General Manager? I don't belive there is a better candidate out there than Ron Wolfe.

Head Coach: Not sure if he is even available but how about how about Jim Mora Sr.?

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree with Wolfe coming in as GM but if theres a HC change Im not sure with the candidates who would fit better in the system. I know Im in the minority but I still like Mooch.

DraftBoy
12-23-2005, 10:58 PM
GM-Wolfe, or Bobby DePaul from Chicago
Coach-April, Childress or Paul Alexander from CIN

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 11:02 PM
GM-Heckert or DePaul

HC-Donnie Henderson, Jeff Fisher(If available)

Mr Fan
12-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I seriously doubt Herman Edwards has faced the dolphins 47 times. He wasn't the Jets head coach that long (remember a guy named Parcells was coaching them up 'til 99 or 2000?).

Hmmm that was the score of the last Jets/Miami game.:lmao: