PDA

View Full Version : We cant't run and we cant't stop the run--- were doomed!

alloutblitz
08-09-2002, 08:49 PM
:grind: I don't care what BS Jerry Gray and GRRREGG is spueing. Our front seven sucks!!!!

alloutblitz
08-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Oh by the way we can't rush the passer either.:mad:

shelby
08-09-2002, 09:20 PM
patience....it is preseason. GW will whup them into shape before 9/8.

BigMike68
08-09-2002, 09:47 PM
At least you guys don't see the glass half empty.

WG
08-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, it's completely empty...

:D

John Doe
08-09-2002, 10:35 PM
The sky is falling!
Its the end of the world!
Say your prayers - all is lost!
I can't face another day!
Head for the hills!
Take me now, lord - its the Apocolypse!
Could it get any worse? - my life is ruined!
Never, in all my years!
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

The Bills have lost a preseason game.

Novacane
08-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Yeah JD.....They suck! They might as well just throw in the towel! Forget it! New England is going to have the first pick in the draft next year because we blow!
My gosh! Reading some of these posts is driving me crazy. I came home from the game impressed and then read this board and all I hear is whining!

e-mo4life
08-10-2002, 08:48 AM
i agree BledsoeTO.....itwas only the first preseason game...some of them having their first nfl game...i wont worry til 9/8...like GW said, they kept it simple. I think they will improve a lot by reg season

BambinoSux
08-10-2002, 08:48 AM
LOL, if the first game of the preseason means so much, we should just call off the season now and give the Lombardi Trophy to Spurrier and the Skins.

shelby
08-10-2002, 08:59 AM
:rofl:
pessimistic Bills fans....i liked a lot of what i heard last night.

The_Philster
08-10-2002, 11:35 AM
I thought the first team looked pretty good....Defense needs to stiffen up better but that was the only real problem I saw.

WG
08-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Well, we'll find out vs. Minnesota. If our first unit doesn't amass at least 200 yards thru a half vs. them, then something's wrong. Minnesota's O is Moss. They won't be able to keep us off the field. If we can't stay on and amass at least 60 yards rushing thru the first half, I'm not gonna be optimistic that we'll fare much better in 2/3 weeks vs. much better teams playing for keeps.

Henry should easily have been able to get 20 or 30 rushing yards yesterday on 11 carries the way Drew was throwing the ball.

colin
08-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Who the hell want to run the ball when you are passing at will and are 9/11?

justasportsfan
08-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by alloutblitz
:grind: I don't care what BS Jerry Gray and GRRREGG is spueing. Our front seven sucks!!!!

Man we used to get blown away every preseason when we made the 4 trips to the SB. Have any of you guys made your "END OF THE WORLD " signs yet?

WG
08-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Just,

I ordered 12 tix to the Phin game in Miami...

I'll be there!

Hey Colin,

I guess that's my largest point. That, 9/11, isn't going to happen each week and rarely IMO w/o the establishment of a running game. Don't forget, the teams that are successful in the POs and win the SB are those who have established running games. It's extremely rare to see teams who's only offensive strength is the pass be in the SB or do well in the POs.

A passing game will be shut down in seconds by the better teams against teams that don't have a rushing game. That's what scares me, many seem to think that w/o any sort of rushing game, we can pass our way to winning. That isn't going to happen. W/ the teams we play this season in particular, they have the talent to run on us and our cruddy rush-D doesn't help that. They'd run on us if we even had an average rush-D, the fact that ours blows only makes matters worse.

Therefore, they will play ball-control, no one needs to be a coach to figure that out. If we can't counter, and we rely on our passing game, that's a recipe for disaster. It also happens to be when Drew, historically, makes the most errors. I do not want hiim to be in a situation where he comes here and from week one he's put in a situation where he's at his worst. It makes no sense. That's why I was so adamant that we sign a big name DT and yet another OL-man. That's water under the bridge now.

What isn't water under the bridge is us finding out rushing game!

It will be if we go into week one w/o a proven rusher. Say what you want about Henry, but as of yet, he's not proven in the least. Last year he was inconsistent and unable to post good games v. decent teams at best, only poor-to-fair at worst.

WG
08-10-2002, 12:24 PM
This just in just:

We were 3-13 last year and were terrible. Not 14-2 w/ a SB appearance...

;)

Cordially

justasportsfan
08-10-2002, 12:38 PM
WYS, sweet!!! DOes any of those ticket have my name on it? Let me buy two if you can spare any.

Jaded is coming. Shelby, you don't live far. Come join us. Anyone else? The women are welcome to stay in my crib. The men can have the living room. :D

WG
08-10-2002, 12:51 PM
What do the women get? The kitchen?

Or I suppose they can have you in your room then...

:D

I see how this is shaping up...

Perhaps you'd better keep this to private e-mails!

:D LOL

I'll put you down for 2. Not sure exactly what seats we'll have, probably much like last year. They may be broken up by 4s to accommodate that.