PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Collins might get cut!

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I know Posters on this board hate any QB who isn't 22 and fresh out of college, but since Losman looks terrible. Who knows! Not terrible numbers this year!

259 of 476 passes for 3,250 yards and 17 touchdowns with 11 interceptions.

With this guys arm, he'd be hitting Evans deeps all day!

Ickybaluky
12-22-2005, 07:51 AM
You guys had Kerry Collins before, he went by the name Bledsoe and wore number 11.

Same player.

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
You guys had Kerry Collins before, he went by the name Bledsoe and wore number 11.
Same player.

Just bouncing ideas around! I'm not one who thinks we need to rebuild. I think the team has talent. what we're lacking is a Vet QB.

Losman has got a pass around here, but he's looked terrible. I just think he'll be a bust.

madness
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
If Collins had to play behind this line, he'd start drinking again...I mean more.

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:04 AM
If Collins had to play behind this line, he'd start drinking again...I mean more.

Well it's based on the assumption that the line will look better next year.

Gunzlingr
12-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Jesus, the guy has Randy Moss and Joey Porter and can't get it done, how the hell is he going to do anything here.

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Jesus, the guy has Randy Moss and Joey Porter and can't get it done, how the hell is he going to do anything here.

Randy Moss has been injured all year!

I'm just floating the idea out there guys. Our QB's now are terrible. This guy would be an upgrade. And when he's good, he's very good.

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM

yeah, don't forget a monster O- line.

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Just bouncing ideas around! I'm not one who thinks we need to rebuild. I think the team has talent. what we're lacking is a Vet QB.
Losman has got a pass around here, but he's looked terrible. I just think he'll be a bust.

Talent doesn't matter if you can't protect it. This team will suck until they commit to rebuilding the O line and the D line.

madness
12-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Well it's based on the assumption that the line will look better next year.

Can we get a new GM first?

doomsdayvirus
12-22-2005, 08:28 AM
repeat after me...

"we don't need a quarterback!"

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Can we get a new GM first?

No doubt!

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:34 AM
repeat after me...

"we don't need a quarterback!"

Can I get a JP Special please

7-19 75 yards and a pick!

madness
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM
If we are making an assumption that the line will get better, doesn't JP get a chance to prove what he can do behind it first?

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 08:42 AM
If we are making an assumption that the line will get better, doesn't JP get a chance to prove what he can do behind it first?

He can be the back up. Or better yet, if he can outplay Collins in the preseason, he can have the job.

madness
12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
If MM is still the coach, don't even bother bringing Collins in. We don't need another QB controversy next year.

Iehoshua
12-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Can I get a JP Special please

7-19 75 yards and a pick!
He hasn't thrown for 75 yards since his start in early October.

You're entitled to your clairvoyant opinion. If Ms. Cleo or your own psychic power told you JP is a bust, that's fine. Some fans would prefer to give him a fair shot to prove otherwise.

finsrclowns
12-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Collins does well throwing deep in a seven step drop. Does that sound like a fit with our OL?

Ickybaluky
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
The Bills need to try to develop a QB. Look at the teams around the NFL that are good, most have home-grown QBs. How many teams are able to solve their QB needs in FA?

Your best bet is to build a team around a young QB that can develop in the system. Losman could be that guy, the Bills need to find out one way or another.

OpIv37
12-22-2005, 10:27 AM
The Bills need to try to develop a QB. Look at the teams around the NFL that are good, most have home-grown QBs. How many teams are able to solve their QB needs in FA?
Your best bet is to build a team around a young QB that can develop in the system. Losman could be that guy, the Bills need to find out one way or another.

Good luck- I've been saying this for 10 weeks now. Good post though.

lordofgun
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Going by Patrick's logic, Eli Manning is going to be terrible too.

Devin
12-22-2005, 10:44 AM
:bf1:

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Going by Patrick's logic, Eli Manning is going to be terrible too.

Diff players. It's not like I just look at stats and say bust. JP has shown nothing. He looks terrible out there.

Eli's made big plays. Had some nice combacks.

Gunzlingr
12-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Diff players. It's not like I just look at stats and say bust. JP has shown nothing. He looks terrible out there.

Eli's made big plays. Had some nice combacks.

Not last year he didn't.

Devin
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah LOG is pointing to Eli's first year in the league.

Eli was horrible! In fact I think worse then JP.

Patrick76777
12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah LOG is pointing to Eli's first year in the league.

Eli was horrible! In fact I think worse then JP.

He still showed more moxey. That game against the Steelers he was great. And the Steelers were a great team last year.

BillsFever21
12-22-2005, 11:08 AM
The 49ers should give up on Alex Smith after this year.

The Giants should've given up on Eli Manning after last year. Hell the last 3 weeks he has 2 TD's and 6 INT's. Maybe they should look at Collins too.

The Bengals should've given up on Palmer after last year too.

Losman has had some good moments since he came back off the bench. He has 7 TD's his last 5 starts.

He is behind a terrible OL, our RB has 1 TD since Week 4 and averaging 3 ypc and we have one of the worst coaches in the league.

If we had a real coach and a RB like Barber who is carrying the Giants offense Losman would be even better.

The guy has made 8 entire starts in his career and has shown improvement since coming back off the bench behind a line that isn't blocking anybody. He has also played some pretty damn good teams too. This is just stupid to say give up on him to bring in an old overpriced QB who isn't producing with Jordan, Moss, Porter and a decent OL.

Get a real coach and an OL who can block and he will be good. No team would give up on him after 8 starts. Even without out that he will be better next season.

He has made progression. That's what you look for in a 1st time starter.

Iehoshua
12-22-2005, 11:47 AM
To say JP has shown NOTHING makes it clear you aren't watching the same games he's played in...

DaBills
12-22-2005, 12:04 PM
"Jesus, the guy has Randy Moss and Joey Porter and can't get it done, how the hell is he going to do anything here."

Yeah, but Moss wasn't hurt all the time. We're taking the discussion towards bringing in vet help to tutor a young QB. Great. Fine. But wasn't KH supposed to be that?

Regardless of who's doing the teaching: GOTTA FIX THE DAMN LINE FIRST. It all starts there.

We have a head coach who says we're committing to the run – but doesn't. We have a GM who says he's committed to winning – but hasn't seriously addressed the line problems.

And not trying to defend JP here but, comparing Eli to JP is apples and oranges:

- Giants are more consistent in their line play.

- They have a better D that keeps their O in games and gives them a chance to win and not have to overcome huge deficits.

- They have Tiki - who IS showing he's at or near the top as the BEST back this year, (WM listen up!) And, as an all-purpose back, he's helped Eli too. Has WM helped JP? Has Shaud? JP doesn't have someone like that right now.

- Giants also stuck with him more consistantly through his troubles.

- Eli wasn't hurt as much as JP was.

- Because of those last two points above, JP's had no consistent time to develop.

Having said that though, and while it may be too premature in his career to say this, I'm real concerned over JP's two major injuries this far. Is this kid ever gonna be able to start a full season? Is he gonna come back to play in the last game, then hurt himself in a surfing accident off-season?

:afro:

TigerJ
12-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Kerry Collins needs a certain type of coach to succeed. (Bill Parcells?) I don't know how many of those coaches are in the league, and I certainly don't think there are any on the Bills' staff.

STAMPY
12-22-2005, 02:13 PM
JP looked great vs KC

Bill Brasky
12-22-2005, 02:33 PM
He can be the back up. Or better yet, if he can outplay Collins in the preseason, he can have the job.

I wouldn't be oppossed to that idea... they should have done that last year before cutting Drew... they should have had a competition, and if JP had shown he was ready, then we cut Bledsoe. No matter what you guys think, dumping Drew was the dumbest thing Donahoe has done, other than neglecting the line for 5 years.

The least the new GM could do is show JP that Buffalo isn't messing around and they want to win NOW... if he can't get it done, they will bring somebody in.

Besides, who would you rather have as a QB duo?

Losman-Collins (has taken a team to a super bowl)
or
Losman-Holcomb (career backup)

FlyingDutchman
12-22-2005, 03:22 PM
F*** Kerry Collins

pats-were-right
12-22-2005, 03:35 PM
The 49ers should give up on Alex Smith after this year.

Actually that one's probably true. . .

Samphin1
12-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Keryr Collins may get cut? Because he sucks. Trust me Bills fans, as a sworn enemy of yours, I would love nothing more than for you guys to sign Kerry Collins and further stunt the growth of Losman.

Collins is awful. He is constantly locking on to his primary receiver and then, if he doesn't force it, dumps it off to Lamont Jordan. Dude has like 570 catches this season. For an offense that is designed to go deep and often, it is not a good thing to have to constantly check down into the flat.

He is as much a statue as Bledsoe and unless you plan on signing Hutchinson and Bentley and drafting D'brickshaw, He is going to get killed.

But, by all means, TD, if you are listening, GET KERRY COLLINS! MIAMI THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE!

gr8slayer
12-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Kerry Collins? Your joking right?

DraftBoy
12-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Lets not just use one seasons stats to decide whether or not we are gonna bring a guy in....

Career Numbers:
2783-4992 for a 55.7% with 170 TD and 165 INT and a 73.8 career rating

thats what a 1:1.1 TD to INT ration? and a 73.8 career rating is nothing that I would call special or even decent.

His stats this year look much better than in past years but in no way would I consider putting a guy whose over hsi career has underpreformed and also has had serious off the field problems. Just my imo, Im not sure JP is the answer but unlike yourself Im of the opinion that we need to completely rebuild.

Ickybaluky
12-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Career Numbers:
2783-4992 for a 55.7% with 170 TD and 165 INT and a 73.8 career rating
thats what a 1:1.1 TD to INT ration? and a 73.8 career rating is nothing that I would call special or even decent.

Taking it further, compare them to Holcombs career stats:

476-for-742 (64.2%), 4909 Yds (6.6 Yds/Att), 34 TD, 32 Int, 80.4 QB Rating.

Holcomb isn't a bad player. He isn't a guy you want to build your team around, but you can win with the guy if the right pieces are in place (at least in the short-term). You already have him signed, he makes the perfect veteran backup.

I think the Bills should just bring Losman and Holcomb back and let them battle for the job next year. In addition, draft another young QB to develop. Spend your resources improving the team around those guys, and let Losman earn the job (and the team's respect) this time through his play.

I think the place the Bills screwed up was just handing Losman the job early in the offseason without any competition. It set up a natural divide in the team, as the message sent is there are some guys who have jobs no matter how they play. it was a difficult position for Losman to be put in.

Let him battle for the job and win it. Worst case is Holcomb beats him out, but at least the message sent to the team is the best guy is going to play. Drafting another young QB with some promise in the middle rounds provides some insurance. He can be brought along slowly and could develop into a player, like Tom Brady, Jake Delhomme and Marc Bulger. If in a couple of years Losman has established himself, the other guy can be flipped for a draft pick.

Throne Logic
12-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Same player.

Exactly my thoughts. No more statues with big stats and no results.

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 03:26 PM
strong arm but not the QB for Buffalo.:boozer: This is what KC does best.

McBFLO
12-23-2005, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=DaBills- They have Tiki - who IS showing he's at or near the top as the BEST back this year, (WM listen up!) And, as an all-purpose back, he's helped Eli too. Has WM helped JP? Has Shaud? JP doesn't have someone like that right now.
- Giants also stuck with him more consistantly through his troubles.
- Eli wasn't hurt as much as JP was.
- Because of those last two points above, JP's had no consistent time to develop.
Having said that though, and while it may be too premature in his career to say this, I'm real concerned over JP's two major injuries this far. Is this kid ever gonna be able to start a full season? Is he gonna come back to play in the last game, then hurt himself in a surfing accident off-season?
:afro:[/QUOTE]

The coaching staff won't allow WM to help JP. He's never on the field on 3rd downs! As for Shaud, I don't have too much to say other than he's not all that good.

I don't care WHAT they say at One Bills Drive... JP is healthy enough to play. These coaches are stating KH because they're trying to save their jobs. If he's healthy enough to be #2, he's healthy enough to start. His 2 injuries so far have been a freak accident in minicamp where he DID break his leg, and this completely fabricated excuse to demote him back to the #2 spot. JP isn't injury prone.

JP hasn't looked great this year, but that was expected. He's playing like a 1st year starter. The coaching staff has done NOTHING to help him along. IMO, they've butchered this QB situation almost as bad as the Flutie/Johnson situation.

tat2dmike77
12-23-2005, 05:57 PM
wow yeah lets go ahead and spen more money on QB that we will more then likely cut in a few years. Stick with J.P he's still young besides last time i checked it's our O-Line that is horrible. I mean come on TD is bringing in other teams trash and trying to convince everyone that thier the great thing since sliced bread. The D well the injury to spikes did not help. But that d-line misses big pat more then they thought they would. A QB is the last thing the bills need right now. Stick with J.P but get him some friggin protection

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Id much rather keep JP as starter if they brought in KC then Id want him to be back up. In that case you might as well keep Holcomb because not much difference other than arm strength.