I just don’t think we’re really this bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I just don’t think we’re really this bad!

Are we playing bad? Yes, no doubt. But I attribute the last 7 weeks to the team basically giving up. Sure they say they’re playing hard but there will always be a difference between playing hard at 4-8 with nothing on the line, and playing hard at 8-4 and a playoff spot staring you in the face.

Don’t be fooled by looking at the win loss record.

I don’t know why they gave up. Maybe dislike of the coach, maybe they figured we were out of the playoffs anyway. Who knows?

It’s human nature to have a let down in this type of situation. I know I’ll get the responses, Well, if they give up, they should be cut. But that’s BS! It’s as natural as can be to let your guard down.

When you’re 3-11 you’re going to be a lot less likely to throw your body in front of Jerome Bettis with reckless abandon as you would if you were 11-3 and fighting for home field advantage.

And that goes for every aspect of the game. The energy level will be slightly different for the Bills and Bengals this week.

My contention all along was that this team does have talent (maybe not at QB). We just have not found the right guy to lead them into battle.
    Resign our own guys!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: I just don’t think we’re really this bad!

How can you know whether or not we have QB talent behind this O line? The O line clearly has a talent gap compared to opposing D's, and both Losman and Holcomb are constantly rushing passes and running for their lives (not to mention our receivers have not been playing up to their potential). How can you judge a QB when he has no O line, no running game to take pressure off and underachieving wide receivers?

Our safeties are also old and slow- the safety blitzes never work, and they seem capable of getting there in time to put on a big hit but never in time to make a play on the ball.

The D line is by far the worst in the league. Again, the safeties may not look so bad if there was some pressure on the QB.

Talent-wise, this team needs a lot of help.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      How can you know whether or not we have QB talent behind this O line? The O line clearly has a talent gap compared to opposing D's, and both Losman and Holcomb are constantly rushing passes and running for their lives (not to mention our receivers have not been playing up to their potential). How can you judge a QB when he has no O line, no running game to take pressure off and underachieving wide receivers?

Our safeties are also old and slow- the safety blitzes never work, and they seem capable of getting there in time to put on a big hit but never in time to make a play on the ball.

The D line is by far the worst in the league. Again, the safeties may not look so bad if there was some pressure on the QB.

Talent-wise, this team needs a lot of help.

I know Op. I know how you feel. I know your thoughts! I know! We disagree. I'm just trying to help save you some time. You've posted this same thing non-stop for 5 weeks straight. You've got to be sick of writing it by know!!!!!

Who are you trying to convince and why is it so important to you?
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

we are what we are. Records don't lie

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          I know Op. I know how you feel. I know your thoughts! I know! We disagree. I'm just trying to help save you some time. You've posted this same thing non-stop for 5 weeks straight. You've got to be sick of writing it by know!!!!!
          people like you who are in denial. Donahoe and company have been feeding us this "there's just a few missing pieces" garbage for 4 years now and it's not true- all it does is set us up for disappointment. We as fans buy into it and expect good seasons:

-Well we added defensive FA's now we'll be contenders
          -Well we're going to switch to a run-oriented offense then will be contenders (KG and GW's last season- never happened)
          -Well we're going to change the HC and be more run-oriented then we'll be contenders- never happend
          -Well ditching Bledsoe is addition by subtraction and now we'll be contenders (we're 4-10).

For the last 4 years, the Bills FO have been putting band-aids on cancer. Trust me- I'm in no hurry to enter a rebuilding phase and deal with the losses that come with it. But the truth is that relying on current talent is just delaying the inevitable rebuilding and creating more frustration and disappointment in the meantime.

The more people that realize TD has taken this team down the complete wrong path, the better off we'll be. This team isn't even close to competitive and it's about time for the fans and the FO to wake the **** up.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

It ain't a river in Egypt...

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

people like you who are in denial. Donahoe and company have been feeding us this "there's just a few missing pieces" garbage for 4 years now and it's not true- all it does is set us up for disappointment. We as fans buy into it and expect good seasons:

-Well we added defensive FA's now we'll be contenders
              -Well we're going to switch to a run-oriented offense then will be contenders (KG and GW's last season- never happened)
              -Well we're going to change the HC and be more run-oriented then we'll be contenders- never happend
              -Well ditching Bledsoe is addition by subtraction and now we'll be contenders (we're 4-10).

For the last 4 years, the Bills FO have been putting band-aids on cancer. Trust me- I'm in no hurry to enter a rebuilding phase and deal with the losses that come with it. But the truth is that relying on current talent is just delaying the inevitable rebuilding and creating more frustration and disappointment in the meantime.

The more people that realize TD has taken this team down the complete wrong path, the better off we'll be. This team isn't even close to competitive and it's about time for the fans and the FO to wake the **** up.

If you don't care if you waste your time. Then I don't care!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

It’s human nature to have a let down in this type of situation. I know I’ll get the responses, Well, if they give up, they should be cut. But that’s BS! It’s as natural as can be to let your guard down.

When you’re 3-11 you’re going to be a lot less likely to throw your body in front of Jerome Bettis with reckless abandon as you would if you were 11-3 and fighting for home field advantage.
                I agree with this to a point.

However I don't believe we're much better than perhaps 1 or 2 wins... Maybe...

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Don’t be fooled by looking at the win loss record.

Two things:
                  1. How can you just dismiss the W/L record? That's pretty much the most important thing in pro sports (well other than money /soapbox). This is like reverse Wys-ism: "if you ignore the 10 losses, we're not that bad!"

2. I agree that players will not play as hard when they are out of the playoff hunt. But how does that explain the TB, Atlanta, NO, Oakland and SD games? We were still very much in the playoff hunt and the team totall gave up, and either got blown out or allowed the other team to control the ball for 8 minutes in the 4th quarter to eliminate any chance at a comeback.

I think I finally figured out why it's so important to me- it's a desperate attempt to try to understand people like you. What I mean is that I just can't comprehend how you look at the overwhelming evidence that we suck and still say we're not that bad. By any measure, this team his horrible: statistics, W/L this year, W/L over the last 5 years, playoff appearances, league rankings, take your pick. No matter what standard you use, this team falls short.

Now, I could be wrong and I have been wrong about things I've said on this site, but at least I have a logical thought process as to how I arrived at my opinions. The logic can be flawed due to bad information or a bad process or completely unexpected results, but at least the logic is there. People like you come on here and make bold assertations with absolutely no thought process, logic, facts, information etc, behind what you say. And I just don't get it.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• eee1776
                    • Jul 2005

Players give up when they know the GM and Head couch will not be around the coming year.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                      • Dec 2005

This team has ultimately underachieved this season no doubt about it.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

With Spikes and a good QB we're 9-5 right now.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

With Spikes and a good QB we're 9-5 right now.
                          hell...with Spikes and Bledsoe we would be 9-5 right now...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

2. I agree that players will not play as hard when they are out of the playoff hunt. But how does that explain the TB, Atlanta, NO, Oakland and SD games? We were still very much in the playoff hunt and the team totall gave up, and either got blown out or allowed the other team to control the ball for 8 minutes in the 4th quarter to eliminate any chance at a comeback.
                            Look at the list of players on this team. Bonafide vets from winning teams. This team quit someplace along the line. They have the talent to go at least 8-8...some tweaking and they are there.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Buckets
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Fairway
                              we are what we are. Records don't lie
                              And if the players have "give up" I don't want them around next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X