PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think Modrak is going to be the GM?

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
TD has already tried to make him the GM on more than one occasion, and Modrak turned it down. Why on earth would he want the position now?

Nighthawk
12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
TD has already tried to make him the GM on more than one occasion, and Modrak turned it down. Why on earth would he want the position now?

I do seem to remember that...good point! Hopefully he wouldn't accept it if he was offered the position, it would just be more of the same, just a different name attached.

Novacane
12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Because we are afraid cheapskate Ralph will want a GM that will keep Mularkey so he won't have to eat 3 years of contract. No GM from outside the organization is gonna agree to keep this dope as his coach

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Because we are afraid cheapskate Ralph will want a GM that will keep Mularkey so he won't have to eat 3 years of contract. No GM from outside the organization is gonna agree to keep this dope as his coach

That wasn't my point, my point is, why would Modrak WANT this job now, if he didn't want it before.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-22-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think he took the GM job before because he simply didn't want to be a puppet. Kind of like how Mularkey is right now. Donahoe is a powerfreak and I think that's the root of the problem with this team. With him gone, management, coaches, and players will feel liberated. Right now, they're oppressed. I really don't know much about Modrak outside of being a talent evaluator. If he does become GM it would probably be in a convential role as opposed to a "complete control freak" role. In other words, Modrak would evaluate talent and sign contracts while somebody else (S.B.) handles the the marketing/sales part of it. Ralph really wants to be hands off.

McBFLO
12-23-2005, 09:20 AM
WGR was talking about this a few days ago and they brought up a good point. They were saying how if Modrak takes over as GM, we shouldn't just automatically assume that things will be the same. I was really little when this happened, so forgive me for not knowing the specifics, but WGR (I think Schopp and the Bulldog) were saying that it was basically the same thing when Polian took over for Terry Beldsoe, and that Polian did it "his own way". If that does happen, maybe Modrak won't be too bad.

His first bad move though would come with keeping Mularkey...