Now Im going to list the top 5 payers I like at each posistion for the 06 draft

Defensive Tackles:
1. Haoliti Ngata, Oregon
2. Rodrique Wright, Texas
3. Jesse Mahelona, Tennesee
4. Orien Harris, Miami
5. Montavious Stanley, Louisville

Summary:
I want Ngata on this team with our 1st round pick and Wright would only be if he's gone at our pick. I tink DT is our biggest need. Mahelona, and Harris are 2nd round prospects and Stanley is a Day 2 guy who we could add for depth.

Offensive Tackles:
1. Marcus McNeil, Auburn
2. Winston Justice, USC
3. Andrew Whitworth, LSU
4. Jeremy Trueblood, BC
5. Adam Stenavich, Michigan

Summary:
The Brick will be gone by our pick so no need for him here. I left of Scott and Winston bc Winston is coming off a big knee injury and struggled this season, and I dont trust UT tackles after Williams, the Big 12 is not known for defense and especially not pass rushing defenses. McNeil is the top guy I want if I need to in round 1. Justice is my ideal round 2 pick. Whitworth rd 3, Trueblood and Stenavich in round 4.

Offensive Guards:
1. Max Jean Giles, Georgia
2. Davin Joseph, Oklahoma
3. Taitusi Lutui, USC
4. Mark Setterstrom, Minnesotta
5. Ryan Cook, New Mexico

Summary:
Jean-Giles or Joseph in round 2 would be a great pickup and be a solid rock for the next 4-7 years. I also like Lutui as a 3rd rounder although he is not receiving much attention bc he played for USC and its the Bush and Leinhart show. Setterstrom and Cook could be had in rounds 4 and 5.

Defensive Ends:
1. Elvis Drummerville, Louisville
2. Manny Lawson, North Carolina State
3. Darryl Tapp, Virgina Tech
4. Kameron Wimbley, FSU
5. Frostee Rucker, USC

Summary:
By some freak of nature we go DE in round 1 I want Drummerville. He is the most complete DE in the feild. Other than that Tapp and Rucker really interesting.

Quaterbacks:
1. Darrel Hackney, UAB
2. DJ Shockley, Georgia
3. Kellen Clemons, Oregon
4. Brodie Croyle, Alabama
5. Bruce Eugene, Grambling

Summary:
A couple of unknowns here in Hackney and Eugene if you havent heard of them yet, go look at Mel Kiper's board and come back to me. I think he may be stealing his ideas from me. Clemons, and Croyle are drop back passers with some speed. None of these guys are gonna be ready to start right now they will need atleast a season if not 2 on the bench. The sleeper pick who I really like is Eugene 6-1 260, maybe the next Dante Culpepper.

Wide Receiver:
1. Steve Smith, USC
2. Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame
3. Sinorice Moss, Miami
4. Jason Avant, Michigan
5. Travis Wilson, Oklahoma

Summary:
We do not even need to begin looking at a WR till round 3 and thats when we should think Stovall, Smith, and Moss. I expect Moss to shoot up come combine time but we will see. Avant and Wilson are redzone targets who could be had in round 3 or 4.

Safety:
1. Laron Landry, LSU
2. Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska
3. Greg Blue, Georgia
4. Greg Threat, Miami
5. Scott Ware, USC

Summary:
We just need to get younger here these are guys from round 2 to 5 that we could pickup.

Cornerback:
1. Jason Allen, Tennesee
2. Will Blackmon, Boston College
3. DeMarrio Minter, UGA
4. Kelly Jennings, Miami
5. Anwar Phillips, Penn State

Summary:
Allen, Blackmon, Minter, and Jennings all could replace Toast. Phillips could be a solid depth player.

Linebacker:
1. DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
2. AJ Nicholson, FSU
3. Freddie Roach, Alabama
4. Gerris Wilkerson, Georgia Tech
5. Leon Williams, Miami

Summary:
It all depends on TKO. Ryans and Nicholson our OLB while Roach, Wilkerson and Williams are ILB. Depending on coaching staff and Fletcher being possibly cut we may need players at both.

These rankings are based on my own personal opinion and do not reflect the views of any others or the site, please come with constructive criticism and if you have any questions Ill be happy to answer them. Enjoy!

Slim
12-23-2005, 04:59 PM
We might need to draft a CB higher depending on what happens with Nate...And what we do in the free agency.

Slim
12-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Stovall would be awesome, i love watching him play ay ND. 6'6 WR, just lob the ball up and he's got it.

X-Era
12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
In order...

1. DT
2. OT
3. OG
4. DE
5. QB
6. WR
7. S
8. CB
9. LB

Defensive Tackles:
1. Haoliti Ngata, Oregon
4. Orien Harris, Miami

Summary:
I want Ngata on this team with our 1st round pick and Wright would only be if he's gone at our pick. I tink DT is our biggest need. Mahelona, and Harris are 2nd round prospects and Stanley is a Day 2 guy who we could add for depth.

Offensive Tackles:
1. Marcus McNeil, Auburn
2. Winston Justice, USC
3. Andrew Whitworth, LSU
4. Jeremy Trueblood, BC

Summary:
The Brick will be gone by our pick so no need for him here. I left of Scott and Winston bc Winston is coming off a big knee injury and struggled this season, and I dont trust UT tackles after Williams, the Big 12 is not known for defense and especially not pass rushing defenses. McNeil is the top guy I want if I need to in round 1. Justice is my ideal round 2 pick. Whitworth rd 3, Trueblood and Stenavich in round 4.

Offensive Guards:
3. Taitusi Lutui, USC
5. Ryan Cook, New Mexico

Summary:
Jean-Giles or Joseph in round 2 would be a great pickup and be a solid rock for the next 4-7 years. I also like Lutui as a 3rd rounder although he is not receiving much attention bc he played for USC and its the Bush and Leinhart show. Setterstrom and Cook could be had in rounds 4 and 5.

Defensive Ends:
4. Kameron Wimbley, FSU
5. Frostee Rucker, USC

Summary:
By some freak of nature we go DE in round 1 I want Drummerville. He is the most complete DE in the feild. Other than that Tapp and Rucker really interesting.

Quaterbacks:
1. Darrel Hackney, UAB
2. DJ Shockley, Georgia

Summary:
A couple of unknowns here in Hackney and Eugene if you havent heard of them yet, go look at Mel Kiper's board and come back to me. I think he may be stealing his ideas from me. Clemons, and Croyle are drop back passers with some speed. None of these guys are gonna be ready to start right now they will need atleast a season if not 2 on the bench. The sleeper pick who I really like is Eugene 6-1 260, maybe the next Dante Culpepper.

Wide Receiver:
1. Steve Smith, USC
3. Sinorice Moss, Miami
4. Jason Avant, Michigan

Summary:
We do not even need to begin looking at a WR till round 3 and thats when we should think Stovall, Smith, and Moss. I expect Moss to shoot up come combine time but we will see. Avant and Wilson are redzone targets who could be had in round 3 or 4.

Safety:
1. Laron Landry, LSU
3. Greg Blue, Georgia
4. Greg Threat, Miami
5. Scott Ware, USC

Summary:
We just need to get younger here these are guys from round 2 to 5 that we could pickup.

Cornerback:
1. Jason Allen, Tennesee
3. DeMarrio Minter, UGA
4. Kelly Jennings, Miami

Summary:
Allen, Blackmon, Minter, and Jennings all could replace Toast. Phillips could be a solid depth player.

Linebacker:
1. DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
2. AJ Nicholson, FSU
5. Leon Williams, Miami

Summary:
It all depends on TKO. Ryans and Nicholson our OLB while Roach, Wilkerson and Williams are ILB. Depending on coaching staff and Fletcher being possibly cut we may need players at both.

These rankings are based on my own personal opinion and do not reflect the views of any others or the site, please come with constructive criticism and if you have any questions Ill be happy to answer them. Enjoy!

I agree and disagree:

1st, Your order is VERY close IMO.

I would go

1) DT
2) OT
3) OG/C
4) WR
5) S
6) CB
7) LB
8) DE

I dont think we need a QB at all and I wouldnt waste a pick one one this year. JP is our starter and Holcomb will be his backup/mentor, after that who in the hell cares, we could even get a young backup to be our #3.

The BIG difference between you and I is that Im not sure I would put ANY position above any other as far as need. I think thats a way to fool yourself into NOT taking the best value player at your pick because you NEED X, Y, or Z. That is a BIG mistake that gets many people in trouble. Now, I wouldnt go off the aforementioned list completely for, say, a QB in round 1. THAT is a way to end up in cap hell and have a very good player sitting the bench.

However, there is ONE exception to the "stick to your needs" rule, thats if a player at a non-need position is so far and above better a value than any other player at your pick, I think you take em. McGahee is an example.

Now, taking it a step further, A look at the this years draft yields some important notes. I think it is CRITICAL to the future of the franchise to play to the strengths and weaknesses of each draft. What do I mean? Heres my points on this years draft:

DT- There is a total of 1 player worth a top 10 pick IMHO, Its Ngata. I have watched Wright and he doesnt impress me that much, he SHOULD go between 15 and 25. He probably goes higher but he wont be worth it to me. The 2nd round looks to be stronger. Players like Orien Harris, maybe Claude Wroten might just drop out of the 1st.

OT- Again, like DT, there is only 1 player worth a top 10 pick. Ferguson will be long gone by our pick, dont take a OT in round 1. Eric Winston is worth a 10-15 pick if completely healthy. But with the knee question I think he drops to say 15-20. OT is VERY VERY strong in the 2nd round. This is the place to get one. A few of the following may drop to the 2nd and a great picks. Trueblood, Whitworth, Scott, McNeil, Justice. Personally Id like to see us take a true RT rather than a LT prospect. Why? I truly believe Jason Peters will be a dominant force at LT, hes has the feet, size, speed, and strength. He had very good games against Taylor, and Peppers. Theres guys I like alot that may be there in the 3rd. O'Callaghan, and Randy Hand are both very very solid RT's but may never be great LT. I think id liek either better than a slimmer LT that cant play RT.

OG/C- Again, its the same situation with DT and OT. There is really only one player at either positon maybe 2 that could even go in the 1st. Jean Giles and Joseph would be the 2. 1 will drop to early 2nd. Again, there are lotys of later round guys who are very good. Eslinger, Phillips (C), Degory, Myers (G).

WR- I think the Bills should take one on day one but most likely in the 3rd. I dont believe in Parrish as a #2, and I think Moulds is gone. So, who our #2? I want a guy who is a possession type and someone who can play tough. Hagan, Greg Lee, Todd Watkins are a few of the guys I like.

S- I really dont have a good handle on where everyone goes yet. Obviously there are a few guys that are 1st rounders and can play both CB or S, Jimmy Williams I love but question his speed. Mike Huff is a stud but isnt the all around talent that Williams is. Bing is just a good player. I liek some guys that project a bit later Greg Blue, Threat, and especially Pat Watkins!! I love the way this kid plays, what a great 3rd rounder he would be.

CB- Theres a few guys who are round 1 worthy, Williams obviously but you have to wonder whether its his best NFL position or is he a better S. Allen. A guy I like alot may be a later rounder. I really like the looks of Harrison Smith (Cal). I think he s astud in the making. He has great speed, good size, is a proven ball hawk, and a sure tackler. Hes just a bit too thin. If he bulks up, I think he could be a great steal.

LB- This is the strongest LB draft in many years to me. A team with a question mark in the middle against the run and a big need for an upgrade at OLB (Posey) could make a real dent on their D problems with some good draft picks. You know the names Greenway, Hawk, Nicholson, Havner, Sims, Brooks any of these guys is an upgrade to POsey probably day one, and a few may be better ILB's thgan Fletcher against the run.

DE- I just cant agree that this is a big need. Schobel is slowly getting better each year and probably breaks double digits this year. Kelsay is a wonderful high motor guy who is getting better every game. Would I love a Peppers or Abraham? Absolutely, but wouyld ANY draft pick be that day one? Kiwi and Mario Williams are the guys who most likely do it. Either would be a great pick in round 1. If they are gone, Im not sure I would draft anyone else until day 2. Dumerville if hes there at our pick in round 2, he wont be and he isnt worth a top 10 1.

So thats it. IMO, we should go with open eyes and an open board and play to the strengths of the draft based on the list of needs above.

I think its CRITICAL that we not reach or strictly draft ANY position regardless of how the draft falls just because we need it.

Shinibu
12-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Ill just say what the draft should be right here and now for the first day.

1. Haloti Ngata DT
2. Winston Justic OT
3. Maurice Stovall or Martin Nance WR
3. Taitusi Lutai OG

Second day, just go
4. Best DT
5. Best DE
5. Best SS
6. Best QB
7. Best FS

hydro014
12-23-2005, 10:16 PM
If we have the 5th or 6th pick I like Mario Williams ( the kid is a freak 6'7" 270 and runs a 4.4, and he can stop the run,) I also like D'Brick, but he will most likely be gone. If these guys are not available i trade down to the 8th - 12th pick and get Ngata ( i think hes the best DT in the draft by far, but i dont think hes worth a 5th or 6th pick.)

In the second if you get williams or D'Brick you take mahelona (DT)

In the third (we should have 3 picks, one comp pick from pat williams) i like stoval WR or another big possesion type reciever and the rest we load up on OL, like o'callahan (cal), and degory (c) from florida

DraftBoy
12-23-2005, 10:44 PM
JP I hear ya but I think you overestimate a QB posistion that has shown us nothing all season, blame the OL and coaching all you want but the kid should still be showing a little more than he is now, and Im only suggesting a 4th-7th round type pick where we get a kid we can groom for 2-3 seasons ala David Garrard.

DE is a big problem area for me bc I dont want a high motor player in Kelsay bc he can motor around all he wants but until he starts producing I wont be happy. I personally dont like Aaron Schoebel but I cant argue with the numbers.

LB is not a need we need to be looking at in round 1 or even on Day 1. We got Fletcher and Crowell atleast next season a healthy TKO and we are back in business. 5th round pick is where we need to start looking for a LB and if TKO is hurt we can replace him in FA not in the draft we will not be able to fill the void thru this draft.

Thats my only disagreements with your point of view not big ones but differing opinions.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree and disagree:

1st, Your order is VERY close IMO.

I would go

1) DT
2) OT
3) OG/C
4) WR
5) S
6) CB
7) LB
8) DE

I dont think we need a QB at all and I wouldnt waste a pick one one this year. JP is our starter and Holcomb will be his backup/mentor, after that who in the hell cares, we could even get a young backup to be our #3.

The BIG difference between you and I is that Im not sure I would put ANY position above any other as far as need. I think thats a way to fool yourself into NOT taking the best value player at your pick because you NEED X, Y, or Z. That is a BIG mistake that gets many people in trouble. Now, I wouldnt go off the aforementioned list completely for, say, a QB in round 1. THAT is a way to end up in cap hell and have a very good player sitting the bench.

However, there is ONE exception to the "stick to your needs" rule, thats if a player at a non-need position is so far and above better a value than any other player at your pick, I think you take em. McGahee is an example.

Now, taking it a step further, A look at the this years draft yields some important notes. I think it is CRITICAL to the future of the franchise to play to the strengths and weaknesses of each draft. What do I mean? Heres my points on this years draft:

DT- There is a total of 1 player worth a top 10 pick IMHO, Its Ngata. I have watched Wright and he doesnt impress me that much, he SHOULD go between 15 and 25. He probably goes higher but he wont be worth it to me. The 2nd round looks to be stronger. Players like Orien Harris, maybe Claude Wroten might just drop out of the 1st.

OT- Again, like DT, there is only 1 player worth a top 10 pick. Ferguson will be long gone by our pick, dont take a OT in round 1. Eric Winston is worth a 10-15 pick if completely healthy. But with the knee question I think he drops to say 15-20. OT is VERY VERY strong in the 2nd round. This is the place to get one. A few of the following may drop to the 2nd and a great picks. Trueblood, Whitworth, Scott, McNeil, Justice. Personally Id like to see us take a true RT rather than a LT prospect. Why? I truly believe Jason Peters will be a dominant force at LT, hes has the feet, size, speed, and strength. He had very good games against Taylor, and Peppers. Theres guys I like alot that may be there in the 3rd. O'Callaghan, and Randy Hand are both very very solid RT's but may never be great LT. I think id liek either better than a slimmer LT that cant play RT.

OG/C- Again, its the same situation with DT and OT. There is really only one player at either positon maybe 2 that could even go in the 1st. Jean Giles and Joseph would be the 2. 1 will drop to early 2nd. Again, there are lotys of later round guys who are very good. Eslinger, Phillips (C), Degory, Myers (G).

WR- I think the Bills should take one on day one but most likely in the 3rd. I dont believe in Parrish as a #2, and I think Moulds is gone. So, who our #2? I want a guy who is a possession type and someone who can play tough. Hagan, Greg Lee, Todd Watkins are a few of the guys I like.

S- I really dont have a good handle on where everyone goes yet. Obviously there are a few guys that are 1st rounders and can play both CB or S, Jimmy Williams I love but question his speed. Mike Huff is a stud but isnt the all around talent that Williams is. Bing is just a good player. I liek some guys that project a bit later Greg Blue, Threat, and especially Pat Watkins!! I love the way this kid plays, what a great 3rd rounder he would be.

CB- Theres a few guys who are round 1 worthy, Williams obviously but you have to wonder whether its his best NFL position or is he a better S. Allen. A guy I like alot may be a later rounder. I really like the looks of Harrison Smith (Cal). I think he s astud in the making. He has great speed, good size, is a proven ball hawk, and a sure tackler. Hes just a bit too thin. If he bulks up, I think he could be a great steal.

LB- This is the strongest LB draft in many years to me. A team with a question mark in the middle against the run and a big need for an upgrade at OLB (Posey) could make a real dent on their D problems with some good draft picks. You know the names Greenway, Hawk, Nicholson, Havner, Sims, Brooks any of these guys is an upgrade to POsey probably day one, and a few may be better ILB's thgan Fletcher against the run.

DE- I just cant agree that this is a big need. Schobel is slowly getting better each year and probably breaks double digits this year. Kelsay is a wonderful high motor guy who is getting better every game. Would I love a Peppers or Abraham? Absolutely, but wouyld ANY draft pick be that day one? Kiwi and Mario Williams are the guys who most likely do it. Either would be a great pick in round 1. If they are gone, Im not sure I would draft anyone else until day 2. Dumerville if hes there at our pick in round 2, he wont be and he isnt worth a top 10 1.

So thats it. IMO, we should go with open eyes and an open board and play to the strengths of the draft based on the list of needs above.

I think its CRITICAL that we not reach or strictly draft ANY position regardless of how the draft falls just because we need it.

Lots of good points that I agree with, but I believe you may have bought into the hype a little concerning Peters. I truly believe it is time for this team to go out and get a proven (be it in college or pros) LT to play the position. I do not want to see any players moving from another position to play LT for this team. We need to shore up that spot and proceed from there. Peters is learning and has done a fairly good job at RT, but I don't want him coming in next year and "hopefully" being the answer at LT. It's about time we fixed the problems with more than "potential" or "promise". Just my 2 cents...

gr8slayer
12-24-2005, 11:46 AM
I still think OL needs to be our number one pick. That or Mario Williams.

DraftBoy
12-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to OL first round if we trade down which for me would be ideal. If we can trade down to near 17, and pick up and extra 3rd amd 4th that would be great. Then I could see this as our draft;

1. OT Marcus McNeil, Auburn
2. DT Jesse Mahelona
3a. OG Taitusi Latui, USC
3b. WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame
4a. FS Greg Blue, UGA
4b. QB Darrel Hackney, UAB

You could easily switch Blue to 3B, and then take WR Steve Smith from USC with your first pick in round 4, if that was our draft, I d be extremely pleased. Thats 4 possible starters in your first 4 picks. Thats taking BPA in posistions of need. Shortly after the season Ill have a early mock draft.

Devin
12-24-2005, 01:20 PM
In order...

1. DT
2. OT
3. OG
4. DE
5. QB
6. WR
7. S
8. CB
9. LB

Defensive Tackles:
1. Haoliti Ngata, Oregon
4. Orien Harris, Miami

Summary:

Offensive Tackles:
1. Marcus McNeil, Auburn
2. Winston Justice, USC
3. Andrew Whitworth, LSU
4. Jeremy Trueblood, BC

Summary:

Offensive Guards:
3. Taitusi Lutui, USC
5. Ryan Cook, New Mexico

Summary:

Defensive Ends:
4. Kameron Wimbley, FSU
5. Frostee Rucker, USC

Summary:

Quaterbacks:
1. Darrel Hackney, UAB
2. DJ Shockley, Georgia

Summary:

Wide Receiver:
1. Steve Smith, USC
3. Sinorice Moss, Miami
4. Jason Avant, Michigan

Summary:

Safety:
1. Laron Landry, LSU
3. Greg Blue, Georgia
4. Greg Threat, Miami
5. Scott Ware, USC

Summary:

Cornerback:
1. Jason Allen, Tennesee
3. DeMarrio Minter, UGA
4. Kelly Jennings, Miami

Summary:

Linebacker:
1. DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
2. AJ Nicholson, FSU
5. Leon Williams, Miami

Summary:

Agree completley with the entirety of your post. Fantastic.

:bf1:

DraftBoy
12-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Agree completley with the entirety of your post. Fantastic.

:bf1:

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Devin
12-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I saw a Mock draft that had us taking Ngata in the 1st and CB Minter in the 2nd.

I could live with that.

hydro014
12-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I forgot where i read it but one site said that we should get a 3rd round comp pick from the loss of pat williams. That gives us three 3rd rounders. It could a
4th though, which still is not bad