PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys playoff contenders next year?

Bling
12-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Do you play your team should be in playoff contention next year?

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 06:13 PM
If they play the draft right then I dont see why not. This is a good team with no O line and if we get that then JP will have time to get the ball to his recievers and make plays that will win games. This team should have had atleast 3 more wins than they do.(Miami, Carolina, and NE).

gr8slayer
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Its going to depend on the draft and the new GM. We no doubt have the talent.

Tatonka
12-23-2005, 09:16 PM
it totally depends on the developement of JP.. and both lines.. those are my only concerns.

Jeff1220
12-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't see it happening, but I hope it does.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 09:39 PM
No way we're a playoff team next year. Sure we lose alot of close games but any way you look at it, it's still losing. Without a doubt, there is serious reason to be concerned about this team. We have some weapons on offense for sure, but with the state of the offensive line, there is no way we correct that problem in just one year. Defensively our defense is overrated and aging and needs a serious over haul. With good drafting and scouting of some solid free agents, we're two years away at the least. Take a look at our defense for example:

In regards to quality starters, what do we really have? Aaron Shobel is a solid DE but we are in sore need of a devastating pass rusher at the opposite end. Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney are nothing more than decent back ups. As for the rest of the front four, there isn't much else. I would like to see Adams stay (at a reduced proce of course), but I'm not too thrilled about Ron Edwards or Justin Bannan obviously.

Now for the Linebackers. Takeo Spikes. Need I say more. London Fletcher? Some of you guys are way to eager to disregard a player who has led the entire league in tackles over the last five years. Jeff Posey? Never lived up to the hype. Angelo Crowell was a nice surprise this year. Basically with some much needed beef up front, this unit is still strong in my opinion but we lack depth here. Josh Stamer will never be more than an average Special teams player.

As for our secondary. We really need to keep Nate Clements. Franchise his ass, do whatever, but we cannot afford to lose him. I know he had a rough year but he is a solid, young, corner in the Ty Law mold. Gotta have him. Terence McGee gets better and better. I love that kid. Again, depth is a concern here. Eric King? Yeah right. Jabari Greer? Ha. Good one.

Safeties. My God are we hurting here. Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent are so done. I like Rashad Baker. Coy Wire is a good Special Teams player at best.

Spikes, Shobel, McGee, Clements, and London Fletcher. That leaves alot of holes to be filled.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2005, 07:42 AM
If we can just upgrade our Oline from crappy to serviceable, we'll improve by leaps and bounds - same with the Dline, but the Oline needs it more.

FinsAreLife
12-24-2005, 08:24 AM
this team is what the dolphins were, they had a crappy season like miami did last year, they are rebuilding some parts and should have around the same results as the phins did this year, which could be good enough for playoffs, i dont see it happening for you guys next year, possibly but 2 years sounds about right, your just not there yet

bledslow
12-24-2005, 10:03 AM
not with jp. not ever. the bills best defensive players knee is destroyed(spikes). moulds is most likely history,and evans is inconsistent as hell. the head coach is a r_e_t_a_r_d(gm also). they have a slow rb that can barely get 4 ypc, ect ect ect,,. --this team needs a overall new beginning(california anyone?) and start fresh.

Historian
12-24-2005, 10:19 AM
No.

Several vet starters will not be back, and tthe upheaval in the office will be too much to overcome.

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 10:27 AM
No way we're a playoff team next year. Sure we lose alot of close games but any way you look at it, it's still losing. Without a doubt, there is serious reason to be concerned about this team. We have some weapons on offense for sure, but with the state of the offensive line, there is no way we correct that problem in just one year. Defensively our defense is overrated and aging and needs a serious over haul. With good drafting and scouting of some solid free agents, we're two years away at the least. Take a look at our defense for example:
In regards to quality starters, what do we really have? Aaron Shobel is a solid DE but we are in sore need of a devastating pass rusher at the opposite end. Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney are nothing more than decent back ups. As for the rest of the front four, there isn't much else. I would like to see Adams stay (at a reduced proce of course), but I'm not too thrilled about Ron Edwards or Justin Bannan obviously.
Now for the Linebackers. Takeo Spikes. Need I say more. London Fletcher? Some of you guys are way to eager to disregard a player who has led the entire league in tackles over the last five years. Jeff Posey? Never lived up to the hype. Angelo Crowell was a nice surprise this year. Basically with some much needed beef up front, this unit is still strong in my opinion but we lack depth here. Josh Stamer will never be more than an average Special teams player.
As for our secondary. We really need to keep Nate Clements. Franchise his ass, do whatever, but we cannot afford to lose him. I know he had a rough year but he is a solid, young, corner in the Ty Law mold. Gotta have him. Terence McGee gets better and better. I love that kid. Again, depth is a concern here. Eric King? Yeah right. Jabari Greer? Ha. Good one.
Safeties. My God are we hurting here. Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent are so done. I like Rashad Baker. Coy Wire is a good Special Teams player at best.
Spikes, Shobel, McGee, Clements, and London Fletcher. That leaves alot of holes to be filled.

I agree with everything except keeping Clements. He's going to cost WAYYY too much to be worthwhile. Regardless, we're nowhere near a playoff team next year. There's a better chance of us being in the basement in the East next year than us being in the playoffs.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 10:43 AM
If the proper moves are made...I see no reason that this team can't be there. The Bills for a longtime have needed a proven coach with a history of winning and that is essential for this team to make a move forward. If we bring in another first time HC or keep Mularkey, we're going nowhere.

!Papacrunk!
12-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Anything can happen. This is a turnaround league where a team can suck one year, then be putting the beat down on teams the next year. Well, every team except the Lions, they are just doomed.

PhinFan99
12-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Lol the Bills won't contend next year. I would be happy with a 6 win season as a jill fan.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
At this point NO FRICKEN WAY! If somehow there is a major overhaul maybe.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2005, 01:09 PM
but that major overhaul would put us out of contention for 2 years minimum.

There's no question that we've got the talent at the skill positions - anyone who says otherwise is only lying to themselves.

It the lines that we need to fix, and we'll have teams taking notice of us by week 5 next year.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Lol the Bills won't contend next year. I would be happy with a 6 win season as a jill fan.

Dude, if your piece of **** team can turn it around, then so can the Bills. That's all the proof I need.

Devin
12-24-2005, 01:48 PM
January 2nd 2006 cannot get here fast enough.

Day of reckoning for TD and Co.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 01:50 PM
January 2nd 2006 cannot get here fast enough.

Day of reckoning for TD and Co.

It seems like it is taking forever...hurry up, get these jokers out of here!

Tasker
12-24-2005, 01:59 PM
What nobody mentione which needs to be mentioned is the schedule for AFC east this year was that hardest in the leaugue by far.

Every playoff contending team was on the bills schedule.

ATL - CAROLINA - TB - CINCI - SD - NE twice - KC - DENVER
2 with miami makes 11 games against teams above .500 out of 16.

of the 5 crappy teams left
we had to go on the raod for Oakland and New Orleans which are not gimmies on the road.

Can they, maybe.
If we had the same schedule as detroit or green bay we be contending for a spot now.

And if you think bubbles teams like Dallas MInn or washington would be able to be above 500 with those games, then you are plain wrong.

It is an off year coupled with a disgustingly hard schedule.
ESPN POWER RANKINGS have

CAROLINA - SD - CINCI - NE - DENVER
all in the top 8 spots

THATS 6 of the bills games against the top 8 teams.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
excellent point tasker - still Mularkey's playcalling HAS TO GO - no ifs, ands, or buts.