PDA

View Full Version : Losman ruined the 2005 Bills

sba
12-23-2005, 09:23 PM
With his crappy attitude and even worse play:

Via ESPN:

Bill Westchester, NY: Even though JP Losman is healthy and practiced all week, Mularkey is starting Holcomb. Shouldn't Losman be in there getting game experience? Is MM starting KH so he has a better chance at winning 1 more game so he doesnt get fired?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) No he is starting Holcomb so there is not a revolt. He is starting Holcomb to keep the team happy and that might save his job. I have talked with many sources in Buffalo and there is no more disliked player on that team than JP Losman.

followed by

Joe, nyc: why do people hate jp losman so much?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:46 PM ET ) His attitude. He walks around the building like he is "Brett Favre" and he has done nothing in this league. His work and study habits are poor. The kid has some raw talent.. I just hope he wakes up and realizes it before it is too late.

I can imagine this is why most of the veterans quit on this team. Try earning your respect first JP.

Looks like we got duped trading up for this guy, should have stayed where we were and grabbed Schaub.

Jeff1220
12-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Who is Jeremy Green and why is he the only person who has reported this? Sounds like speculation based on opinion to me.

sba
12-23-2005, 09:30 PM
He's a scouting/NFL analyst for ESPN that's insider exclusive.

Looks like they haven't ironed out those attitude problems that scared teams off on draft day.

Philagape
12-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Anonymous sources = BS to me.

And if it is true, any veteran who "quits on the team" for any reason is the one who has an attitude problem. They should grow up and work for their millions instead of being crybabies. Our o-line and run defense have been just as bad as JP, so they have nothing to complain about and fewer excuses.

Ickybaluky
12-23-2005, 09:36 PM
He is Denny Green's son.

He has come up through in the ranks as a scout, working in Cleveland's front office most recently. He lost his job in Cleveland after Butch Davis was fired and a new front office brought in. At the time, it was kind of late for him to find another job with another team, so he went to work for ESPN. He will probably be back in the league next season, maybe with his father in Arizona.

Green actually was pretty highly-thought of around the league, according to press reports. He has some credibility.

This report jibes with the rep J.P. had coming out of college, that he was arrogant and felt entitled.

dolphinssuck
12-23-2005, 09:37 PM
No way its JPs fault the guy has no line protection. On top of that the kid is still learning the pro game as a starter.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh please. We all know the part about his work ethic is crap. So now we believe everything that comes from ESPN? This coming from a network who employs experts like Susy Colber and Sean Salisbury. Give me a break.

Sure Losman held the team back, but that's not entirely his fault. Any person who is going to judge a green QB like Losman after a 1/2 season as a starter in only his second year in the league, is a f**king moron. Of course people are going to rip on him. He had a terrible year, but in all honesty, that was to be expected.

People act like he has been playing for several years already like Carr, Boller, and Harrington. Now there is some criticism that is well-deserved. As for Losman, I'll say it again, this team has much BIGGER problems than J.P. Losman.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I have not heard one, I repeat ONE report from ANY media source OR team source that indicates that losman has this type of attitude or that anyone hates him.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I have not heard one, I repeat ONE report from ANY media source OR team source that indicates that losman has this type of attitude or that anyone hates him.

Right? It's not as if the local media is slandering the kid. They seem to have a little more sense than that. I'm sure if this crap coming out of ESPN had any merit, even the tiniest shred, you'd think the media in Western NY would have some insight, not those idiots at ESPN.

ESPN the Magazine? Need I say more?

Captain Obvious
12-23-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't know. I don't want to believe this but Mewelde Moore(JPs teammate at Tulane) tells a Minnesota paper JPs attitude sucked, there were rumours around the 2004 draft JP slipped to the bottom of the 1st Round because of his attitude, and now this. I don't know how much longer I can bury my head in the sand.Also take into consideration who drafted him (Tom Donahoe) I want everything to work out with JP in Buffalo, but I'm not quite sure it will happen.

sba
12-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Wow, they really should keep Donahoe, he's snowed most of you into believing in this kid.

lordofgun
12-23-2005, 10:22 PM
JP is the man!

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I find it funny.

Had Green came out and said in his chat, "JP is the most likeable guy in the locker room, his teammates love him".

None of you would question his credibility.

And I ditto NE39.

The guy was reported as being an arrogant, cocky kid, so its not that suprising that most people hate him.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't know. I don't want to believe this but Mewelde Moore(JPs teammate at Tulane) tells a Minnesota paper JPs attitude sucked, there were rumours around the 2004 draft JP slipped to the bottom of the 1st Round because of his attitude, and now this. I don't know how much longer I can bury my head in the sand.Also take into consideration who drafted him (Tom Donahoe) I want everything to work out with JP in Buffalo, but I'm not quite sure it will happen.

Add in the fact that Vincent breaks his leg in practice to "send him a messsage"....and we got a real problem on our hands.

Along with his little immature skit on ESPN before the 2004 draft.

We can only hope he matures.

Mr. Cynical
12-23-2005, 10:28 PM
:bs:

And I suppose the fact that he was studying film in preseason and training camp longer than most of the other players means he is a slacker? That was reported by official BILLS sources, not some coach's son trying to make headlines.

Total BS.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM
:bs:

And I suppose the fact that he was studying film in preseason and training camp longer than most of the other players means he is a slacker? That was reported by official BILLS sources, not some coach's son trying to make headlines.

Total BS.

You said it.

It was reported by "the official Bills sources"

Why do you think fans are so dissapoitned in this season?

Because we bought all the BS propaganda coming from OBD of JP studying all offseason long with Sam Wyche.

And I suppose the pre 2004 draft scouting reports were all BS?

How bout Mewlde Moores comments on his former Teammate?

Get your head out of the ground.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Man I don't even want to play this game tonight. I guess I just couldn't stand to face the fact that Losman is/was a bust. For me that would just destroy my faith that this team is going to be, at least, a playoff caliber team anytime in the next five years. We already have one first round failure in Mike Williams, we cannot afford two. This would be the kind of failure that would haunt this team for a decade.

Still, what bugs me the most is that people post crap like this for no other reason than to get everyone mad. Pussies.

Mr. Cynical
12-23-2005, 10:39 PM
You said it.

It was reported by "the official Bills sources"

Why do you think fans are so dissapoitned in this season?

Because we bought all the BS propaganda coming from OBD of JP studying all offseason long with Sam Wyche.

And I suppose the pre 2004 draft scouting reports were all BS?

How bout Mewlde Moores comments on his former Teammate?

Get your head out of the ground.

Ok, have you seen any DIRECT quotes from Bills' players calling him out since he has been in the NFL?

I have seen DIRECT quotes from Vincent, Mularkey, Fletcher and one or two others saying how hard JP was working in the offseason.

You just WANT to believe this crap to be true so you can hate on JP some more. Trust me, I don't know if JP will turn out good or not. But since this is the ONLY quote I've seen since he has been in the NFL, I call BS. I don't give a crap what they said about him in college. Times change, people change.

Mitchy moo
12-23-2005, 10:45 PM
If everyone was one the same page, we would of won more games. Everyone has their own opinions on why something goes bad for a team. It's all Billeveable at this point but the problem is JP can play. He lacks experience but has showed flashes of genius, he is still a rookie in QB terms.

The real underlying problem is TD / MM sold us that JP would help the team acheive almost instantly. They were wrong & need to lose their jobs over it. If people stake their career on something & it fails, they lost their career there.

Your days over gents, bye.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Actually Mr. C, you couldn't be more wrong about people changing. Little Scotty Lawrence is still the same annoying little pecker he was when he first joined this forum. Some things never change.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Ok, have you seen any DIRECT quotes from Bills' players calling him out since he has been in the NFL?

I have seen DIRECT quotes from Vincent, Mularkey, Fletcher and one or two others saying how hard JP was working in the offseason.

You just WANT to believe this crap to be true so you can hate on JP some more. Trust me, I don't know if JP will turn out good or not. But since this is the ONLY quote I've seen since he has been in the NFL, I call BS. I don't give a crap what they said about him in college. Times change, people change.

Believe what you want.

I don't know him personally, so I don't hate him. But based on scouting reports, incidents, and comments from one of his former teammates, im going to say hes still a dick.

And lets hope he matures for our futures sake.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Actually Mr. C, you couldn't be more wrong about people changing. Little Scotty Lawrence is still the same annoying little pecker he was when he first joined this forum. Some things never change.

Im really annoying, because I question JP Losman..... everyones golden boy.

I don't put my head in the sand, I wonder about him for good reason.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Im really annoying, because I question JP Losman..... everyones golden boy.
I don't put my head in the sand, I wonder about him for good reason.

It's ok to question but you're f**king obsessed. You act like you caught him banging your mother or something. It's all you talk about, and yes the majority of us are disgusted with your petty whining.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Believe what you want.
I don't know him personally, so I don't hate him. But based on scouting reports, incidents, and comments from one of his former teammates, im going to say hes still a dick.
And lets hope he matures for our futures sake.

Oh I'd say it's hatred alright. You don't know him personally, but you call him a dick. You know how frick'n ridiculous that sounds? By your own rationale, I'd say you're the dick. Dick.

ScottLawrence
It's ok to question but you're f**king obsessed. You act like you caught him banging your mother or something. It's all you talk about, and yes the majority of us are disgusted with your petty whining.

Well, considering most of the people here are a "JBD" member or have a picture of Losman in there avatars, of course there upset.

And no, I offer much more to talk about then JP.

I just posted my thoughts on New head coach, and new GM.

gr8slayer
Stupid thread.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh I'd say it's hatred alright. You don't know him personally, but you call him a dick. You know how frick'n ridiculous that sounds? By your own rationale, I'd say you're the dick. Dick.

JP's proud.

Ickybaluky
12-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Actually, given the Cleveland ties, it wouldn't be surprising if Green's source is Kelly Holcomb.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Well, considering most of the people here are a "JBD" member or have a picture of Losman in there avatars, of course there upset.
And no, I offer much more to talk about then JP.
I just posted my thoughts on New head coach, and new GM.

Well what do you expect man? We need something to be excited about. God knows being a Bill's fan these days is brutal. Just brutal. The very thought of a young, brash, gun-slinging QB is about as much excitement as we can look forward to. You know? And you're f**king it all up. Knock it off already, before I bid my man Stampy to knock you off.
:bad:

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Well what do you expect man? We need something to be excited about. God knows being a Bill's fan these days is brutal. Just brutal. The very thought of a young, brash, gun-slinging QB is about as much excitement as we can look forward to. You know? And you're f**king it all up. Knock it off already, before I bid my man Stampy to knock you off.
:bad:

Which is exactly why we are having this argument.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
JP's proud.

I'd say that is much better than calling someone a DICK. Did your parents abuse you or something? You're about a hostile ass MF'er.

:funny: LOL

It's all good Scott. By the way, I apologize for calling you a dick. That wasn't cool. You just get under my skin in the worst way sometimes. Almost as bad as that little ***** Skooby.

Oh my. Did I just say that out loud? :lmao:

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I am not going to worry about this.

chubluv
12-23-2005, 11:20 PM
I dont care if JP is walking around thinking he is Brett Favre or even the next Brett Favre. Brett had that same attitude when he was drafted. I just hope he doesnt get traded and another team gets the next Brett Favre, and we still have nothing in our future.

ScottLawrence
12-23-2005, 11:21 PM
I'd say that is much better than calling someone a DICK. Did your parents abuse you or something? You're about a hostile ass MF'er.
:funny: LOL
It's all good Scott. By the way, I apologize for calling you a dick. That wasn't cool. You just get under my skin in the worst way sometimes. Almost as bad as that little ***** Skooby.
Oh my. Did I just say that out loud? :lmao:

I don't mind.

Im just posting what I believe with evidence to back me up.

As opposed to people just saying "this is BS" without proving why its BS.

Captain Obvious
12-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Actually, given the Cleveland ties, it wouldn't be surprising if Green's source is Kelly Holcomb.

Thats an interesting observation. You might have solved this whole " how does Jeremy Green know"? debate.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I dont care if JP is walking around thinking he is Brett Favre or even the next Brett Favre. Brett had that same attitude when he was drafted. I just hope he doesnt get traded and another team gets the next Brett Favre, and we still have nothing in our future.

:peace:

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't mind.
Im just posting what I believe with evidence to back me up.

That's the thing though. You haven't proved jack. What evidence Scott? Seriously. the only thing that you've proved is that you have a real knack for hating this kid. You almost hate him so much that I'm beginning to think you might have some type of gay boy obsession with him. Y'all know what I mean. Like when a little boy has a crush on a girl he just knows he can't have, so the only way he knows how to cope is by being mean to her. Much the same way many of you behave towards FBH.

DynaPaul
12-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, don't forget that Donahoe is butt buddies with the entire ESPN crew and feeds them insider info while they write articles about his genius. Do you think maybe he's trying to deflect blame onto JP through ESPN news sources to save his own ass?

Just a thought.

Drive 4 Five
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, don't forget that Donahoe is butt buddies with the entire ESPN crew and feeds them insider info while they write articles about his genius. Do you think maybe he's trying to deflect blame onto JP through ESPN news sources to save his own ass?
Just a thought.

Surely not. I'm willing to wager that even the dolts at ESPN have cut those so-called ties with Ol' Whitey. Genius my ass.

Ickybaluky
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
But Green isn't a media guy. He is a NFL guy who is doing ESPN stuff for a year until he gets another job.

IMO, he is a very credible source. The guy worked for years in the NFL, and he must know a lot of people. I'm sure he keeps in touch.

My only surprise is that he would say something this critical, because it could come back to him. Perhaps this is something someone wanted to get out there to try and light a fire under the kid, or maybe Holcomb has it out for him.

sba
12-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Still, what bugs me the most is that people post crap like this for no other reason than to get everyone mad. Pussies.

This is a Bills forum, should we discuss Peyton Manning instead?

bills&sabresmvf
12-24-2005, 12:57 AM
It Might be JP, but seriously this team revolt happened before JP came here. Rueben Brown for example. There's something going on in the organization.

Kerr
12-24-2005, 06:12 AM
JP has said it before. He said what might seem as arrogance to some people is really just his confidence. It's nothing new.

mybills
12-24-2005, 07:37 AM
"His work and study habits are poor."

Wow, I didn't know watching tons of films and cheering on KH was a "poor" thing!
:rolleyes:

Philagape
12-24-2005, 07:42 AM

The burden of proof is on the ESPN guy.

ICE74129
12-24-2005, 07:52 AM
For the original post, Pure Bull SH@!. This load of crap is making it's way around every board out there. ERIC MOULDS is the inside source. I have personally talked with a member of the local media that says that article is CRAP! he is out there nearly every day, talks to the vets, watches JP and it is pure crap.

That said, he also said MM is BENCHING losman. He says JP has moved and thrown well Tues. weds. and Thurs.

X-Era
12-24-2005, 08:15 AM

Via ESPN:

I can imagine this is why most of the veterans quit on this team. Try earning your respect first JP.

Looks like we got duped trading up for this guy, should have stayed where we were and grabbed Schaub.

I could give 2 sh_ts what Jeremy or Denny Green thinks for that matter.

Ohh, so JP rubs whiny overpaid vets the wrong way with a tough winners mentality, putting in TONS of hours on film, taking FULL blame for his bad play.

Fug every single one of those team members. I can promise you that Evans is pretty damn happy with Losman. And really, he is the ONLY person on the O that I care about.

So, the o-line is probably all new next year, Moulds is likely gone, McGahee only cares about himself anyway, TE's are non performers, not big paid vets, and have no real voice anyways. So, after this year the mess fixes itself anyways and JP will be giving the reigns to lead with a winners mentality. Thank god for that. All the overpaid whiners can take a friggin hike.

Besides, this whole report is BS. If Holcomb was starting when JP was truly healthy, why would MM still be deciding whether JP will be the 2nd QB or not? JP isnt starting because he is still not 100%, thats the ONLY reason.

ICE74129
12-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Preach on JP Era....Preach on brother!

Nasty Mcgahee
12-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Only QB's with bad work ethics stay around almost the ENTIRE off season putting in 8 hour days with there QB coach and study film! That statement forces me to question the credibility of the entire read. Go ahead and say he is the most hated on the team but dont question his work ethic, he's one of the hardest workers on the team and one of the only guys that plays with any heart.

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 08:48 AM
To be frank, JP ruined Mularkey's job and this is exactly the only reason that Mularkey is starting K. Holcomb.

It's sad but Mularkey's direction suddenly changed when he didn't do what he did last season: "start the best option to win"

X-Era
12-24-2005, 08:52 AM
To be frank, JP ruined Mularkey's job and this is exactly the only reason that Mularkey is starting K. Holcomb.

It's sad but Mularkey's direction suddenly changed when he didn't do what he did last season: "start the best option to win"

No, no, no..it turns out that being a pocket statue hopelessly sacked an avergae of 5 times a game, having a mid range arm ONLY, and throwing at the defenders is the Norm for the Bills, its worked for the past decade, why not just continue?

This might be the dumbest NON-issue we have ever wasted this much time talking about.

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 09:03 AM
No, no, no..it turns out that being a pocket statue hopelessly sacked an avergae of 5 times a game, having a mid range arm ONLY, and throwing at the defenders is the Norm for the Bills, its worked for the past decade, why not just continue?
It's true that Holcomb could be considered a pocket statue if you compare him with JP... but agree or not, Holcomb was and is arguably the best option to win from the beginning of the season.
Just ask Mularkey what is the biggest thing he "digested" this season...

Bill Cody
12-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Anyone that either finds this shocking or thinks it's made up didn't read all the pre draft stuff about Lossman. The tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Novacane
12-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Stupid thread.

Well said!

Novacane
12-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I find it funny that all the posters that believe this were Bledsoe biggest fans. They will believe anything because JP replaced thier boy

Novacane
12-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Just a thought.

He's the one who drafted JP so that would not help him.

Novacane
12-24-2005, 09:14 AM
OH and btw........there is no excuse for players to quit on thier team, coach's and fans. No matter how much they hate someone

The_Philster
12-24-2005, 09:42 AM
doubtful...Kelly's never seemed the type to go off spouting lies about teammates

ICE74129
12-24-2005, 09:57 AM
It's true that Holcomb could be considered a pocket statue if you compare him with JP... but agree or not, Holcomb was and is arguably the best option to win from the beginning of the season.
Just ask Mularkey what is the biggest thing he "digested" this season...

You are so far off it isn't funny. Again I post FACT....BOTH QB's have TWO wins. JP, Not holcomb, Won the KC game. That gives JP two wins. Holcomb after today is 2-4 in games started and finished.

BOTH Losing records. What was holcombs W/L record when he came here? BELOW .500 would be the correct answer. He also had more picks than TD's AND Double digit fumbles lost.

The guy is a career wanna be. 9 year vet.

JP is just in his first year as a starter.

now who really sucks worse. Pretty obvious to me.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2005, 09:59 AM
You guys know what? I have thought this over and have decided that SBA has ruined the Bills season. Not JP.

Cntrygal
12-24-2005, 10:01 AM
OH and btw........there is no excuse for players to quit on thier team, coach's and fans. No matter how much they hate someone

:10:

lynobx
12-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Bad coaching, terrible offensive line play, a porous defense and a very disappointing season by Willis "I'm the best running back in the NFL" McGahee were at least as much to blame for this debacle as JP.

DaBills
12-24-2005, 11:07 AM
"Losman ruined the 2005 Bills"

The premise of the thread is wrong. Ralph ruined the team when he hired TD.

But playing along if the report is true: so JP is cocky, and no one likes him, right? Guess that explains why the D is playing so shi-tty then.

My only thing on the truth of the report, I don't know Green from Rude American so I can't say he's lying, but wouldn't the local press dudes who see these guys week in and week out have reported any of this by now? Certainly, the effects of TD's Kool-aid must've worn off by now, wouldn't they be the first ones complaining about him?

Separate the arrogance from the losing part. How are the two related? I didn't hear anything about an attitude problem with Eli last year, yet the result was the same - he sucked. Look at Drew - nicest guy in the world by all reports and is repected - he still blows games by throwing INT's at critical times. (Playoffs are near and Drew's your QB - be afaid Dallas. Be VERY afraid.)

People hate an arrogant attitude in a QB that's losing, but sure love that same arrogance when he's winning. I know we're not winning right now, but you can't have it both ways. That arrogance may just be what keeps certain QBs going in the face of it all.

And I think Green also reported that JP was caught sleeping with Ralph's mom, but I neither confirm nor deny at this time.

:afro:

sba
12-24-2005, 11:20 AM
You guys know what? I have thought this over and have decided that SBA has ruined the Bills season. Not JP.

Well, I no showed 2 of the last 3 home games too, so I guess I have something in common with most of them.

sba
12-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Bad coaching, terrible offensive line play, a porous defense and a very disappointing season by Willis "I'm the best running back in the NFL" McGahee were at least as much to blame for this debacle as JP.

Disappointing, but yet he's a Pro-Bowl alternate. :whoosh:

Philagape
12-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Disappointing, but yet he's a Pro-Bowl alternate. :whoosh:

So is Sam Adams. The Pro Bowl is a joke.

Cntrygal
12-24-2005, 04:38 PM
The Pro Bowl is a joke.

I agree.

Mr. Cynical
12-24-2005, 05:15 PM

:rofl:

:posrep:

Mr. Cynical
12-24-2005, 05:17 PM

That only makes the claim even more suspect. Why would KH say *good* things about JP? He wants his job.

fabolouspaul
12-24-2005, 05:57 PM
This is a Bills forum, should we discuss Peyton Manning instead?\\:lmao:

Bill Cody
12-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Based on today's result it does really make you wonder whether we would have had a chance this year if 1-7 Lossman hadn't been handed the starting job. Let him compete for it next year.

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Nope

Crisis
12-25-2005, 01:23 AM

I didn't wanna say anything!

Lexwhat
12-25-2005, 02:50 AM

Via ESPN:

Bill Westchester, NY: Even though JP Losman is healthy and practiced all week, Mularkey is starting Holcomb. Shouldn't Losman be in there getting game experience? Is MM starting KH so he has a better chance at winning 1 more game so he doesnt get fired?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) No he is starting Holcomb so there is not a revolt. He is starting Holcomb to keep the team happy and that might save his job. I have talked with many sources in Buffalo and there is no more disliked player on that team than JP Losman.

followed by

Joe, nyc: why do people hate jp losman so much?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:46 PM ET ) His attitude. He walks around the building like he is "Brett Favre" and he has done nothing in this league. His work and study habits are poor. The kid has some raw talent.. I just hope he wakes up and realizes it before it is too late.

It's tough to be objective since I would like to see JP playing. Judging JP's ability as to whether or not he can be a winner cant be determined yet, especially with a garbage interior O-Line.

On one hand, I find it strange that no one on the team seems to like him. There's surely SOME explanation as to why that is. If he was putting in so much work and time and trying hard to be a leader, I find it hard to believe that the team would turn their back on him. We have had losing QBs in the past, and even then it wasnt the same situation as it is with JP. Obviously, something is different with JP.

I find it strange that people would only criticize the defense when they want to be the "greatest ever." People tell them to STFU. When Moulds or Willis say something, they need to STFU too. But when JP is cocky, he "has a great attitude and a winner's mentality." The fact is, EVERY player needs to back up what they are saying by performing well on the field. JP, among many others, have not done that. IMO, JP needs to humble up and accept the fact that he hasent accomplished anything in this league. And there's no need to compare his attitude to Brett Favre or Jim Kelly. There's plenty others with that same attitude who have failed (Ryan Leaf is the most obvious). JP is his own case...hes not Kelly, Favre, or Leaf.

I'm not overly impressed with anyone this year except Jason Peters and Terrance McGee. Angelo Crowell, London Fletcher, and Mike Gandy have been very solid as well. Overall, theres plenty of blame to go around, and that includes JP.

Lexwhat
12-25-2005, 02:55 AM

I agree. I would love for JP to succeed. But he needs to understand he's a young guy in a humbling league.

A competition next year in training camp and pre-season is exactly what we need. I certainly hope that JP can win that battle and progress into a full time and dependable QB for years to come. IMO, It's not fair to just hand the job to him like he's above everyone else.

X-Era
12-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I agree. I would love for JP to succeed. But he needs to understand he's a young guy in a humbling league.

A competition next year in training camp and pre-season is exactly what we need. I certainly hope that JP can win that battle and progress into a full time and dependable QB for years to come. IMO, It's not fair to just hand the job to him like he's above everyone else.

Frankly, I dont care about them competing, I have no doubt JP wins. What I DONT wat si for us to jump back and forth like we did this year. It basically spilt the team and made them all question everything. That aint good for team chemistry.

Like I said, If you want a TC competition, fine. JP wins. But then make the decision and have that be it. Mularkley benched him way too fast but it ended up being a blessing. It easily could have gone the other way. Now, if its true that Losman was benched this game and if he doesnt start next week, I think Mularkey (if here next year) would be very likely to play this game again. If JP did get benched, why in the hell would he do it AGAIN after ONE bad game.

The most disturbing part is that Mularkey benched Losman but left the starters on D and O alone when they played even worse and Losman had a reason, 3 starts atotal in his career at that point.

As far as JP getting away with *****ing? I didnt see him ***** once. What i saw was him taking full blame for his bad play, I never heard him even question the o-line, many of us fans certainly did. JP is cocky and arrogant and trusts in his abilities, but he also admits to everyone what HE did wrong and how HE wants to get better. Many of the other **** only blame everyone else when they often are aprt of the problem

dolphinssuck
12-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Frankly, I dont care about them competing, I have no doubt JP wins. What I DONT wat si for us to jump back and forth like we did this year. It basically spilt the team and made them all question everything. That aint good for team chemistry.

Like I said, If you want a TC competition, fine. JP wins. But then make the decision and have that be it. Mularkley benched him way too fast but it ended up being a blessing. It easily could have gone the other way. Now, if its true that Losman was benched this game and if he doesnt start next week, I think Mularkey (if here next year) would be very likely to play this game again. If JP did get benched, why in the hell would he do it AGAIN after ONE bad game.

The most disturbing part is that Mularkey benched Losman but left the starters on D and O alone when they played even worse and Losman had a reason, 3 starts atotal in his career at that point.

As far as JP getting away with *****ing? I didnt see him ***** once. What i saw was him taking full blame for his bad play, I never heard him even question the o-line, many of us fans certainly did. JP is cocky and arrogant and trusts in his abilities, but he also admits to everyone what HE did wrong and how HE wants to get better. Many of the other **** only blame everyone else when they often are aprt of the problemTrue JP is a stand up guy who when he struggles admits it. Hes also a much better candidate for starter than Holcomb for sure. Yeah hes made mistakes but he young and even the veteran QBs (Favre, Brady 3 rings, Bledsoe) make them so he should not be critized or blamed for being Buffalos problem.

Mr. Cynical
12-25-2005, 01:11 PM
:roflmao:

jp-era, that is a ***** hilarious sig pic.

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-25-2005, 04:02 PM
When I went to training camp this year I was waiting for JP to sign a jersey and he goes nobody over here is saying thank you im moving down there. If that's not a ***** I don;t know what is.

Mahdi
12-25-2005, 04:16 PM
If JP ruined the 2005 Bills...then Eli ruined the 2004 Giants...and Palmer ruined the 2004 Bengals...and Brees ruined the 2002 and 2003 Chargers.....

Cntrygal
12-26-2005, 08:44 AM
When I went to training camp this year I was waiting for JP to sign a jersey and he goes nobody over here is saying thank you im moving down there. If that's not a ***** I don;t know what is.

So he mentioned the lack of manners to rude fans (probably all adults) and you think that tells you all about him. It tells me that the fans were being rude and greedy. Even a three year old knows how to say "Thank you".

The_Philster
12-26-2005, 09:02 AM
So he mentioned the lack of manners to rude fans (probably all adults) and you think that tells you all about him. It tells me that the fans were being rude and greedy. Even a three year old knows how to say "Thank you".
:bf1: People get too crazy about autographs sometimes, IMO

eee1776
12-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Did anyone hear the coach say in an inteview that the 2006 starting QB for the Bills was not on the team yet.?

Novacane
12-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Did anyone hear the coach say in an inteview that the 2006 starting QB for the Bills was not on the team yet.?

no

pleasesavedrew
12-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Anonymous sources = BS to me.

And if it is true, any veteran who "quits on the team" for any reason is the one who has an attitude problem. They should grow up and work for their millions instead of being crybabies. Our o-line and run defense have been just as bad as JP, so they have nothing to complain about and fewer excuses.

This is so true, there is never a good enough excuse to quit on your own team.