• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sba
    • Dec 2004

Losman ruined the 2005 Bills

With his crappy attitude and even worse play:

Via ESPN:

Bill Westchester, NY: Even though JP Losman is healthy and practiced all week, Mularkey is starting Holcomb. Shouldn't Losman be in there getting game experience? Is MM starting KH so he has a better chance at winning 1 more game so he doesnt get fired?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) No he is starting Holcomb so there is not a revolt. He is starting Holcomb to keep the team happy and that might save his job. I have talked with many sources in Buffalo and there is no more disliked player on that team than JP Losman.

followed by

Joe, nyc: why do people hate jp losman so much?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:46 PM ET ) His attitude. He walks around the building like he is "Brett Favre" and he has done nothing in this league. His work and study habits are poor. The kid has some raw talent.. I just hope he wakes up and realizes it before it is too late.
    I can imagine this is why most of the veterans quit on this team. Try earning your respect first JP.

Looks like we got duped trading up for this guy, should have stayed where we were and grabbed Schaub.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman ruined the 2005 Bills

Who is Jeremy Green and why is he the only person who has reported this? Sounds like speculation based on opinion to me.

Comment

• sba
      • Dec 2004

He's a scouting/NFL analyst for ESPN that's insider exclusive.

Looks like they haven't ironed out those attitude problems that scared teams off on draft day.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Anonymous sources = BS to me.

And if it is true, any veteran who "quits on the team" for any reason is the one who has an attitude problem. They should grow up and work for their millions instead of being crybabies. Our o-line and run defense have been just as bad as JP, so they have nothing to complain about and fewer excuses.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

He is Denny Green's son.

He has come up through in the ranks as a scout, working in Cleveland's front office most recently. He lost his job in Cleveland after Butch Davis was fired and a new front office brought in. At the time, it was kind of late for him to find another job with another team, so he went to work for ESPN. He will probably be back in the league next season, maybe with his father in Arizona.

Green actually was pretty highly-thought of around the league, according to press reports. He has some credibility.

This report jibes with the rep J.P. had coming out of college, that he was arrogant and felt entitled.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
            • Dec 2005

No way its JPs fault the guy has no line protection. On top of that the kid is still learning the pro game as a starter.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
              • May 2003

Oh please. We all know the part about his work ethic is crap. So now we believe everything that comes from ESPN? This coming from a network who employs experts like Susy Colber and Sean Salisbury. Give me a break.

Sure Losman held the team back, but that's not entirely his fault. Any person who is going to judge a green QB like Losman after a 1/2 season as a starter in only his second year in the league, is a f**king moron. Of course people are going to rip on him. He had a terrible year, but in all honesty, that was to be expected.

People act like he has been playing for several years already like Carr, Boller, and Harrington. Now there is some criticism that is well-deserved. As for Losman, I'll say it again, this team has much BIGGER problems than J.P. Losman.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

I have not heard one, I repeat ONE report from ANY media source OR team source that indicates that losman has this type of attitude or that anyone hates him.
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by keithtr
                  I have not heard one, I repeat ONE report from ANY media source OR team source that indicates that losman has this type of attitude or that anyone hates him.
                  Right? It's not as if the local media is slandering the kid. They seem to have a little more sense than that. I'm sure if this crap coming out of ESPN had any merit, even the tiniest shred, you'd think the media in Western NY would have some insight, not those idiots at ESPN.

ESPN the Magazine? Need I say more?

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                    • Jul 2005

I don't know. I don't want to believe this but Mewelde Moore(JPs teammate at Tulane) tells a Minnesota paper JPs attitude sucked, there were rumours around the 2004 draft JP slipped to the bottom of the 1st Round because of his attitude, and now this. I don't know how much longer I can bury my head in the sand.Also take into consideration who drafted him (Tom Donahoe) I want everything to work out with JP in Buffalo, but I'm not quite sure it will happen.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• sba
                      • Dec 2004

Wow, they really should keep Donahoe, he's snowed most of you into believing in this kid.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

JP is the man!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

I find it funny.

Had Green came out and said in his chat, "JP is the most likeable guy in the locker room, his teammates love him".

None of you would question his credibility.

And I ditto NE39.

The guy was reported as being an arrogant, cocky kid, so its not that suprising that most people hate him.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                            I don't know. I don't want to believe this but Mewelde Moore(JPs teammate at Tulane) tells a Minnesota paper JPs attitude sucked, there were rumours around the 2004 draft JP slipped to the bottom of the 1st Round because of his attitude, and now this. I don't know how much longer I can bury my head in the sand.Also take into consideration who drafted him (Tom Donahoe) I want everything to work out with JP in Buffalo, but I'm not quite sure it will happen.

Add in the fact that Vincent breaks his leg in practice to "send him a messsage"....and we got a real problem on our hands.

Along with his little immature skit on ESPN before the 2004 draft.

We can only hope he matures.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

And I suppose the fact that he was studying film in preseason and training camp longer than most of the other players means he is a slacker? That was reported by official BILLS sources, not some coach's son trying to make headlines.

Total BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X