It's AMAZING that our offense had such a good year when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's AMAZING that our offense had such a good year when...

...the Bills gained possession of the ball on their opponent's side of the 50 only 17 times, which ranked 28th in the league.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Having crappy field possesion helps the offense rake up the yards since they have a long way to go to get into scoring position. Hopefully next year with some players that can cause a 3 and out, create havoc, and cause turnovers defensively the offense won't have as far to go.

BTW, Bills fans will appreciate this. I was listening to the sports radio station here in Charlotte and they were discussing who would they like to see as defensive coordinator of the Panthers. One caller called in and said Dan Henning since he is great at shutting down an offense. I LMAO off because us Bills fans can relate to that...

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Re: It's AMAZING that our offense had such a good year when...

Originally posted by lordofgun
      ...the Bills gained possession of the ball on their opponent's side of the 50 only 17 times, which ranked 28th in the league.
      Great point that I'm sure Wys won't or will refuse to comprehend. Source of this problem? The defense's inability to produce turnovers to help the offense.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

Re: Re: It's AMAZING that our offense had such a good year when...

Originally posted by Judge

Great point that I'm sure Wys won't or will refuse to comprehend. Source of this problem? The defense's inability to produce turnovers to help the offense.
        Judge, you realize that you are asking for a counter "told you so" tirade from the Wing man? Don't wave a bone at a mad dog poster now.

I think our special teams, and the few big plays we gave up where even worse than the lack of turnovers. In the last few games, we were stopping teams cold a lot, that is nearly as good as a turnover, gets them off the field, and we get the ball in hopefully an OK position. That is all gonna change next year though.

Comment

Working...
        X