PDA

View Full Version : This is the WORST "victory" in Bills History!

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 03:13 PM
This did nothing to improve the team and in fact probably hurt the organization. It is now more likely that Ralph will look at this and think Mularkey can coach and keep him. Our draft spot is worse...there is nothing positive, in my opinion, that comes out of this. :rage:

L.A. Playa
12-24-2005, 03:15 PM
not to mention it fuels the QB controversy more

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 03:16 PM
not to mention it fuels the QB controversy more

Exactly!

RedEyE
Who cares. We won. Freaking feels good to beat a good team ON THE ROAD finally.

The_Philster
Our draft spot is worse...you don't pay much attention to the NFL if you think that's that big a deal...a higher draft spot guarantees one thing...you pay more for your picks..nothing more.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 03:18 PM
you don't pay much attention to the NFL if you think that's that big a deal...a higher draft spot guarantees one thing...you pay more for your picks..nothing more.

And a more likelihood of a more talented player. That being said, the biggest part of this win is that this idiot of a coach might stay now. I'm sorry, but that doesn't excite me very much for next year.

Tatonka
i dont really care about the draft pick.. i care about MM and TD looking compitent.

L.A. Playa
draft postion wont matter if TD stays

Devin
12-24-2005, 03:24 PM
This did nothing to improve the team and in fact probably hurt the organization. It is now more likely that Ralph will look at this and think Mularkey can coach and keep him. Our draft spot is worse...there is nothing positive, in my opinion, that comes out of this. :rage:

I am happy with a win, and a great game all around on the road.

That being said I agree with you.

L.A. Playa
12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
well the good news is Ngata if he is the Bills man could be there at 10-12 just as much as 5-7 and you get him for less money

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Im happy we won. I can't stand people wishing we lose. I don't care what the motives are. every sunday i hope for a W

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-24-2005, 03:27 PM
F that, they won, that is great.

Marvelous
12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Wooohooo we won :):) Sorry that you haters don't get the same happiness i do out of a win. I am very amped and proud to win today....

LMAO @ those draft watchers...haha

Novacane
12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
This win could lead to a lot more losses (mularkey stays)

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:31 PM
:stfu:

We won, i don't care. I don't even think MM sucks. I hate TD

STAMPY

fabolouspaul
It shows that we can win against a really good team on the road! When's the last time we had a big road win?

Marvelous
Funny how Mcgahee's mediocre at best play today goes unnoticed...MM is not the mnain problem. The QB shifting hurts & Mcgahee's medicore running is killing us. MM called a great offense today...

bledslow
And a more likelihood of a more talented player. That being said, the biggest part of this win is that this idiot of a coach might stay now. I'm sorry, but that doesn't excite me very much for next year.

what a huge losers mentality you got. nothing is guaranteed in the draft. no one really knows who is going to be special at the nfl level in any drart. its a crap shoot. there is no one player that can turn an entire franchise around by himself. you need good players everywhere. there will be plenty of supposed good players by the time the bills are on the clock in the draft. did you want the bills to surrender like a bunch a little T_W_A_T_S and lose on purpose with no dignity? --ppl with your way of thinking makes me say the word, CORKEY.

Marvelous
12-24-2005, 03:34 PM
what a huge losers mentality you got. nothing is guaranteed in the draft. no one really knows who is going to be special at the nfl level in any drart. its a crap shoot. there is no one player that can turn an entire franchise around by himself. you need good players everywhere. there will be plenty of supposed good players by the time the bills are on the clock in the draft. did you want the bills to surrender like a bunch a little T_W_A_T_S and lose on purpose with no dignity? --ppl with your way of thinking makes me say the word, CORKEY.

agreed. The fans are very bitter & just wanna be a good team in the future. A coupel slots higher in draft won't make much a difference.... Cmon guys, WE WON :)

Novacane
12-24-2005, 03:35 PM

They both need to go.

The_Philster
12-24-2005, 03:36 PM
:ill: Now I gotta :posrep: bledslow

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:37 PM
give MM support. a line. a decent defense. than judge him.

last year he won 9 games in his rookie year. he lost spikes the heart of team early. and had a rookie qb. 2 years is too fast to judge.

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 03:40 PM

I'd have to disagree with you. To be a fan of a sports team is to want the best for that team no matter what. I want a new regime in here and a new HC because this one will never take us to where we need to be. If that means that I want the Bills to lose because it will better the franchise in the long run, than I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. I can list a bunch of positives that would come from the Bills if they would have lost the last 2 games. What positives can you list for me from them winning this game? How will it help this team move forward? I want what's best for the team and short term satisfaction from one meaningless win is not it. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

L.A. Playa
12-24-2005, 03:40 PM
no matter I think the Bills win next wee finish 6-10 TD sells Ralph on the fact that he told him this season the team would take a step back and the injury ti Spikes was devesating and they had a tough schedule, so TD and MM will be back so just hope for a good offseasin, draft amd FA period

Im glad the Bills showed they still have heart and won today

Novacane
12-24-2005, 03:42 PM
TD better not be back or the lines will not be fixed again.

Marvelous
12-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Im glad the Bills showed they still have heart and won today
I'm sayin.. I now have hope again, and i hope we kill the hated Jets...

I'd have to disagree with you. To be a fan of a sports team is to want the best for that team no matter what. I want a new regime in here and a new HC because this one will never take us to where we need to be. If that means that I want the Bills to lose because it will better the franchise in the long run, than I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. Dude, don't you feel great that we beat a top 3 AFC team? Wanting to lose for a better GM & HC & draft makes you a bad fan. I don't jusdge you but don't try to take away the happiness some fans have from still supporting their fav team...

Marvelous
12-24-2005, 03:49 PM
I think the main problem this whole year was JP was to green and never got comfy... I'm not saying Kelly Holcomb woulda took us to the playoffs but he is waay more comfy then JP.. What kills me is JP is still just as green next year.....
I have no problem with teh staff at all as long as they don't force JP and they acknowledge Mcgahee has problems and coaches the *** outta him....

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I think the main problem this whole year was JP was to green and never got comfy... I'm not saying Kelly Holcomb woulda took us to the playoffs but he is waay more comfy then JP.. What kills me is JP is still just as green next year.....
I have no problem with teh staff at all as long as they don't force JP and they acknowledge Mcgahee has problems and coaches the *** outta him....

Ok, so we won today...if everything stays the same, how are we going to be any better next year than we were this year? We still didn't see JP play and learn, there now will be a bigger QB controversy, where's the positives? I mean, yes, deep down I'm glad we stuffed it in the Bungles faces, but after that joy goes away, all I can think about is that we will be going through this all over again next year. I'm not a bad fan, I'm a realist. But I do respect your opinion.

Hounds
12-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Don't you think that Bills free agents are more likely to stay if they think they can win? Plus, don't you thinik another teams free agent would be more likely to want to come to Buffalo if they think they can win? The Bills showed today that they can play with one of the best teams in the NFL. I think in the with free agency that is a very good thing.

HHURRICANE
12-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Funny how Mcgahee's mediocre at best play today goes unnoticed...MM is not the mnain problem. The QB shifting hurts & Mcgahee's medicore running is killing us. MM called a great offense today...

He called a great offense today??!!! He scored 20 points on Offense! How about 1st and goal from the 2 and he throws on first down. We end up settling for 3 points!!!! Wake up!!

X-Era
12-24-2005, 04:18 PM
you don't pay much attention to the NFL if you think that's that big a deal...a higher draft spot guarantees one thing...you pay more for your picks..nothing more.

Ya know, no that I think about it more, I tend to agree. A pick between 12-16 is a better spot for us that 6-10. I like who will be there better than reaching for them at say the 6th pick.

Eric Winston, Johnathan Scott, Mike Huff, Rodrique Wright, Marcus McNeil, Darnell Bing. NONE of them are worthy of a top 10 pick IMO. However at say 12-16, I think many ARE.

The other part is that D.Brick and Ngata would not have dropped to 6th at this point. So, we would have been reaching at the 6th. Its possible that Jimmy Williams might have been, but I doubt it.

So, in a way, I like us being at the mid round 1. We get the TOP of the mid to late 1st round crowd which probably ends up being the 2nd best OT, DT, CB/S. That a good spot to sit.

The only downside is the later pick in round 2. I wished for a higher 2nd rounder where I think the steals of this draft will fall.

fabolouspaul
12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Don't you think that Bills free agents are more likely to stay if they think they can win? Plus, don't you thinik another teams free agent would be more likely to want to come to Buffalo if they think they can win? The Bills showed today that they can play with one of the best teams in the NFL. I think in the with free agency that is a very good thing.

Agreed :goodpost:

BAM
12-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Who cares. We won. Freaking feels good to beat a good team ON THE ROAD finally.

F'in right brother! Screw these other idiots.

Makes me happy. The rest of you can ***** & moan, I'm going to enjoy it.

BILLS WON TODAY. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

:rocker:

Nighthawk
12-24-2005, 07:17 PM
F'in right brother! Screw these other idiots.

Makes me happy. The rest of you can ***** & moan, I'm going to enjoy it.

BILLS WON TODAY. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

:rocker:

Yeah, and Happy New Year next season when we still have the same loser coach and the same problems at QB. I can see why you are so happy. Seriously, though, I hear ya...it's good to win, it just wasn't that fulfilling knowing that it helped MM probably keep his job. That put a damper on it for me. Sorry...

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 07:44 PM
What the hell is many people talking about?

Do you think that Mr. Ralph Wilson can be so easily impressed?

The only important thing right now is TO WIN!

It doesn't matter what it takes.

Please, change your poor mentality.

The lack of winning attitude is exactly why none respects the Buffalo Bills.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I can't beleive that anybody that claims to be Bills fan would ***** when they win a game. That people would complain about MM coaching a good game (Think about the logic - "I hate it when MM coaches well, it might make Ralph think he can coach well." - Huh?)

They won the damn game. Quit *****ing and enjoy the freakin' win.

Go Bills and ground the Jets next week.

DaBills
12-24-2005, 08:22 PM
The lose to get a better draft pick thing - feh. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

Besides, hasn't TD already shown he doesn't know what to with a decent spot in the draft even if we got one?

;-p

ScottLawrence
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
What a bunch of losers.

You know if JP won this game, Not one person would be questioning the win.

Mr. Cynical
12-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I'd have to disagree with you. To be a fan of a sports team is to want the best for that team no matter what. I want a new regime in here and a new HC because this one will never take us to where we need to be. If that means that I want the Bills to lose because it will better the franchise in the long run, than I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. I can list a bunch of positives that would come from the Bills if they would have lost the last 2 games. What positives can you list for me from them winning this game? How will it help this team move forward? I want what's best for the team and short term satisfaction from one meaningless win is not it. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

:up:

:posrep:

Some people just will never get it...

kinigirly
12-24-2005, 10:44 PM
i thought this game was hilarious. i was not impressed at all. it took the team all season to play 4 quarters like they meant it. they played hard for one reason only. they were all playing to keep their jobs. period.

Michael82
12-26-2005, 09:44 AM
i thought this game was hilarious. i was not impressed at all. it took the team all season to play 4 quarters like they meant it. they played hard for one reason only. they were all playing to keep their jobs. period.
Good post. I totally agree. They were playing for their jobs, and coaching for their jobs.

pleasesavedrew
12-26-2005, 12:46 PM

We won!!!! Stop comlplaining. Losing sucks, plus, we pick all our good players outside the top 10 in the draft anyway. Moulds, Evans,Clements, Losman,mcgahee(and i think kelly,thurman, and andre did too) all came outside the top 10. But the great mike williams was picked with a "good" draft slot. Lets save some money, or even trade down and pick up some more picks, we have alot of holes to fill.

Winning is fun!!!! You watch the Bills for games like this, and I hope our new gm will look at the big picture of Mularkey's awful coaching and fire him any way.

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 12:52 PM
We lose, people *****.

We win, people *****.

What a bunch of *****es.

BAM
12-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Draft positions are way overrated anyways... for the most part. Just another reason to *****.

*****es.

STAMPY
12-26-2005, 02:31 PM
We lose, people *****.

We win, people *****.

What a bunch of *****es.

:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2005, 03:01 PM
We lose, people *****.

We win, people *****.

What a bunch of *****es.

Absolutey.

Imagine if the Bills had been blown out or even lost a close game.

The same people *****ing about the win would be *****ing about the loss and how everybody from TD to the water boy should be fired. I think some are upset because they can't ***** about the team's performance.

Mitchy moo
12-26-2005, 03:15 PM
We lose, people *****.

We win, people *****.

What a bunch of *****es.

If we won all the time, no one here would *****. The problem is we are sacrificing our future for the meaningless present. Winning now sounds great but we could have traded off the 4th pick in the draft for like 9th the and 41st. Now we are stuck with a lower pick.

Even when they pick a time to play good it's bad, stat padding.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2005, 03:17 PM
As a Bills fan, you should always want the team to win and be happy when they do so.

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 04:25 PM
If we won all the time, no one here would *****. The problem is we are sacrificing our future for the meaningless present. Winning now sounds great but we could have traded off the 4th pick in the draft for like 9th the and 41st. Now we are stuck with a lower pick.

Even when they pick a time to play good it's bad, stat padding.

If we lose all the time, shouldn't you cherish the rare victories???

I've said this every year when the Bills wind up a season. Learning how to lose is very easy. Learnoing how to pull wins out of your ass is very difficult.

I'll assume the Bills will retain some of these players for next year- do you want them to learn how to win - on thre road- vs a team playing for a first round bye?

Unless there is an incredible "can't miss" future hall of famer #1 overall pick out there (Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Manning) then don't bother tanking. You have way more to lose than to gain.

Do you have any idea who you want the Bills to draft next year? Let us know who we will be sacreficing a win for.

Mitchy moo
12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
If we lose all the time, shouldn't you cherish the rare victories???

I've said this every year when the Bills wind up a season. Learning how to poose is very easy. Learnoing how to pull wins out of your ass is very difficult.

I'll assume the Bills will retain some of these players for next year- do you want them to learn how to win - on thre road- vs a team playing for a first round bye?

Unless there is an incredible "can't miss" future hall of famer #1 overall pick out there (Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Manning) then don't bother tanking. You have way more to lose than to gain.

Do you have any idea who you want the Bills to draft next year? Let us know who we will be sacreficing a win for.

I do cherish the wins, everytime. When they come at a price greater or equal to them, then we have to think. I realise that having the # 4-8 in the draft could mean nothing in the long run (like, Mike Willams) but they might have been able to trade that off for 2 good early picks and you have a 2 for 1 shot instead of just one. We need fresh blood and players that want to play here, not children touting how great they are and making excuses. It's embarrasing to our franchise and us as fans. Hall of Fame defense, shutdown corner, Hall of Fame QB, why would these guys even say this?? WHo were they impressing, happless houston?

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
We as fans have no control over the team's play so it's a moot point in the end. But we can say what we would like to happen. Winning against the Bengals and winning against the hapless Jets are bad for the team.

Winning these games only helps to potentially save jobs, and at this point I don't care who loses their jobs. In fact, there are far more players/coaches I WANT to go than to stay.

So again, winning these last meaningless games is not good for the team IMO. It is only good for some of the individuals on the team. But as a team they need to be cleaned out, so when looking at what is best for the TEAM, it is losing these BS games.

Nighthawk
12-26-2005, 08:53 PM
We as fans have no control over the team's play so it's a moot point in the end. But we can say what we would like to happen. Winning against the Bengals and winning against the hapless Jets are bad for the team.

Winning these games only helps to potentially save jobs, and at this point I don't care who loses their jobs. In fact, there are far more players/coaches I WANT to go than to stay.

So again, winning these last meaningless games is not good for the team IMO. It is only good for some of the individuals on the team. But as a team they need to be cleaned out, so when looking at what is best for the TEAM, it is losing these BS games.

Bravo! Some people just don't get it and I'm sure they will never see the "BIGGER" picture. It's that small thinking that has kept this town and this organization from accomplishing anything. Again, great post and you're dead on! :goodpost:

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
You are right.

I can't see how tanking fits into the big picture.

ScottLawrence
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM

Save jobs that JP Losman killed.

Although Management is to blame for forcing the young quarterback to play, He would be the reason, if it does happen, why TD, and MM got fired.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I can't see how tanking fits into the big picture.

Two reasons it fits into the big picture:

1. Better chance of TD/MM getting fired.
2. Better draft pick (either to use or trade).

For me, I can't see how winning these last few games fits into the big picture in a positive way.

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Two reasons it fits into the big picture:

1. Better chance of TD/MM getting fired.
2. Better draft pick (either to use or trade).

For me, I can't see how winning these last few games fits into the big picture in a positive way.

I teaches young players like McGee, McGahee, Evans, Parrish, Peters, Crowell, so on and so forth how to make clutch plays late in a game to win.

If you send them out with a half-assed agenda to tank games in "hopes" someone gets fired or in "hopes" that sonmeone gets drafted is foolhardy.

The same people hoping we tank this week will be the same ones who will bawl their eyes out next year when we make a stupid play/dumb penalty/ fail to convert a critical down late in a game and we lose again.

Learn to win. That's the big picture I'm looking at.

BAM
12-27-2005, 07:13 AM
I teaches young players like McGee, McGahee, Evans, Parrish, Peters, Crowell, so on and so forth how to make clutch plays late in a game to win.

If you send them out with a half-assed agenda to tank games in "hopes" someone gets fired or in "hopes" that sonmeone gets drafted is foolhardy.

The same people hoping we tank this week will be the same ones who will bawl their eyes out next year when we make a stupid play/dumb penalty/ fail to convert a critical down late in a game and we lose again.

Post. of. the. year.

:10:

I've been staring down that big picture every week. Unfortunately, it just came out of the fog there last Sunday for a bit. LOL

To say losing at any time helps your team (not to mention HOPING that your team loses) is one of the biggest jokes I've ever heard.
:rockon:

Mitchy moo
12-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Winning is great when the teachers have something to offer. The problem is the players are being taught by a bunch of neophites. Any win that keeps a small flame alive that the teachers will stay, is a bad win. They taught all of us fans that we fill the stadium and buy the merchandise and they'll lie to us and make us feel better about their incompetence. They also taught the players to speak intelligently about the Hall of fame and their own personal talents as we kept losing. They are trying to convince everyone but the people they need to most, their opponents. We are like 20 games under .500 (even) for the past five years and anything that keeps these guys around or improves thier chances of staying here is a bad thing.

When a cause has no purpose, you have no cause.

BAM
12-27-2005, 07:49 AM
I respect all you guys' opinion, however, I don't feel that the words win and bad belong in the same sentence, let alone the same paragraph. To each his own. I'm going to enjoy it. Y'all are welcome to continue *****ing. It's the circle of life. Or something. :)

:peace:

Mitchy moo
12-27-2005, 07:54 AM
I respect all you guys' opinion, however, I don't feel that the words win and bad belong in the same sentence, let alone the same paragraph. To each his own. I'm going to enjoy it. Y'all are welcome to continue *****ing. It's the circle of life. Or something. :)

:peace:

It's good we won a battle, the problem is we are losing the war. You replace generals that lose more battles than they won. It costs lives, time and money and potentially freedoms. When you give your enemy an advantage (like incompetent management/coaching), you end up losing more than you win. After 5 years, why would we want even a sliver of a chance that T.D. stays?

Every soldier lives for their next shot at winning, if the field is tilted they will be denied.

madness
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
I hope we blow out the Jets next week too. *****es. :D

bigbub2352
12-27-2005, 08:56 AM
A better draft pick might up our trade value to get out of the spot and get a later 1st rnd pick and maybe an extra second and third, whether anybody admits it or not the bills need to rebuild too many veterans making big bucks and eating salary cap space and not producing, you know who they r, we need to bring in young guys via free agency and draft this win was useless, and u guys r right just fueled a bunch of crap and false hopes thru the media this is still a 5-10 team any way u look at it, what team with that record does not need to make whole sale changes?

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2005, 12:04 PM

I hear you, but our "teachers" either suck or probably won't be here next year. If this team was just inexperienced and young, I would totally agree with you. However this team needs alot of fixing and that won't happen if TD/MM are still here.

If TD/MM stay, the team doesn't get fixed and the team will continue to be the AFCE Cardinals/Lions. That's the big picture as I see it anyway.

Sidenote: As I mentioned I don't expect coaches or players to say "ok guys, go lose the game". This is all about what I wan't to happen, not what I expect players/coaches to literally plan on doing.

pleasesavedrew
12-31-2005, 03:05 PM
We lose, people *****.

We win, people *****.

What a bunch of *****es.

You got that right.