PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $50,000 for a loaded Toyota Corolla?

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Because if the Bills pay Nate Clements top 5 CB money, that's what they'll be doing. He's the Corolla of CB's- a few flashy features and dependable overall, but lacks performance and luxury.

He got lit up like a Christmas tree again today. And I know someone will say "well he's been going against some of the best receivers in the game". My response is: if he can't shut down the best receivers in the game, why is he worth top 5 cb money?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Nate.

L.A. Playa
12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I say you franchise him and see if someone wnats him

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 03:29 PM
agreed 100%. There's nothing wrong with keeping him for average CB salary, but he's not worth top CB salary. Let some other chump team **** up their cap.

L.A. Playa
12-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Nate should have signed before theseason started he has cost himself some money this year

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Nate should have signed before theseason started he has cost himself some money this year

best case scenario is that we franchise him, he doesn't get any offers, and we bring him back for 1 year for way less than he wants. Then he'll have to play his ass off to get the money he wants in '07.

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:48 PM
IMHO there is no such thing as a shut down corner in football. Even guys like Bailey get beat. The new rules and all. WR's have edge

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 03:50 PM
IMHO there is no such thing as a shut down corner in football. Even guys like Bailey get beat. The new rules and all. WR's have edge

yeah but a top shelf CB should still be able to hold a top shelf WR under 100 yards. Nate's been playing off of receivers to avoid the big play and has been getting toasted on the short to medium stuff as a result. If he doesn't do that, he gets beat long. Translation: he's not worth a huge contract.

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Because if the Bills pay Nate Clements top 5 CB money, that's what they'll be doing. He's the Corolla of CB's- a few flashy features and dependable overall, but lacks performance and luxury.

why is he worth top 5 cb money?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Nate.
What a comparison!
Sorry but I totally disagree.

First, agree or not Toyota is the best world car-maker and it's totally false that one of their top 2 sell-models lacks performance. People are not silly and Corolla talks by itself.

Second, I don't know which car is your top model, what you want in a car or inclusive if you use a car as transportation but Nate should be way behind a Corolla.

Anyway, I like your comparison because Nate is like a Japanese car. He would lack charisma or several issues about luxury... but he is effective, durable and has a very very low profile...

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 08:24 PM
What a comparison!
Sorry but I totally disagree.

First, agree or not Toyota is the best world car-maker and it's totally false that one of their top 2 sell-models lacks performance. People are not silly and Corolla talks by itself.

Second, I don't know which car is your top model, what you want in a car or inclusive if you use a car as transportation but Nate should be way behind a Corolla.

Anyway, I like your comparison because Nate is like a Japanese car. He would lack charisma or several issues about luxury... but he is effective, durable and has a very very low profile...

What I meant was that a Corolla lacks performance compared to, for example, a BMW or a Lexus. There's nothing wrong with a Corolla for $17,000- it's a quality car. But people who can afford it are willing to pay 50k for certain Lexus or BMW models. No one in their right mind would pay 50k for a Corolla.

Nate Clements is worth a Terrence McGee contract because that's the level that he's at. He's not worth a Champ Bailey or Chris McAllister contract because he doesn't play at that level.

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 08:51 PM
What I meant was that a Corolla lacks performance compared to, for example, a BMW or a Lexus. There's nothing wrong with a Corolla for $17,000- it's a quality car. But people who can afford it are willing to pay 50k for certain Lexus or BMW models. No one in their right mind would pay 50k for a Corolla.

Nate Clements is worth a Terrence McGee contract because that's the level that he's at. He's not worth a Champ Bailey or Chris McAllister contract because he doesn't play at that level.
I just catched what you are saying. It's completely true that Nate is worth Terrence McGee contract but remember that he is the top CB on the next FA and the only way he could be "useful" to his original team is via the Franchise Tag.

Right now, the most imminent fact is that McGee is too short to be the Bills' top CB and to be frank Bills are completely not ready to play a respectable defense without him.
Nate is probably the best CB Bills ever had for a while and I can just tell you that Bills have everthing to loose if we let him go.

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 08:52 PM
I just catched what you are saying. It's completely true that Nate is worth Terrence McGee contract but remember that he is the top CB on the next FA and the only way he could be "useful" to his original team is via the Franchise Tag.

Right now, the most imminent fact is that McGee is too short to be the Bills' top CB and to be frank Bills are completely not ready to play a respectable defense without him.
Nate is probably the best CB Bills ever had for a while and I can just tell you that Bills have everthing to loose if we let him go.

but if we keep him he'll be like 10% or more of our salary cap. That is going to make it very difficult to get new DT's and O lineman, which this team needs desperately. Something has to give.

vicmantak
12-24-2005, 08:59 PM
but if we keep him he'll be like 10% or more of our salary cap. That is going to make it very difficult to get new DT's and O lineman, which this team needs desperately. Something has to give.
To be frank Bills don't need to "sacrifice" a solid player like Nate... but if something has to give... IMO... it would be Crowell.

Michael82
12-26-2005, 09:39 AM
To be frank Bills don't need to "sacrifice" a solid player like Nate... but if something has to give... IMO... it would be Crowell.
Huh? Are you insane? He was one of our best players on defense this year. He did a great job filling in for Takeo Spikes and I would like to see a 3-4 or see him replace Jeff Posey.

FirstDownBills
12-26-2005, 09:51 AM

I disagree, the guy is absolutely horrible in man to man coverage. When I was at the Denver game I was watching him on defense and everytime his guy was open by a good 10 yards, and that led to a bunch of quick first downs for Denver. Best CB the Bills ever had? You've got to be kidding me.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2005, 10:06 AM
I disagree, the guy is absolutely horrible in man to man coverage. When I was at the Denver game I was watching him on defense and everytime his guy was open by a good 10 yards, and that led to a bunch of quick first downs for Denver. Best CB the Bills ever had? You've got to be kidding me.

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1:

vicmantak
12-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, I said for a while... to be more specific from Charles Rhomes... Nate Odomes, Antoine Winfield or maybe the nowadays McGee are comparable.

Anyway the main message is that Bills might not let him go so easily.
Clements would not be a top 5 QB in the league but he is arguably the best CB on FA and maybe the overall top 3!

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Would you pay $50,000 for a loaded Toyota Corolla?

Only if it were loaded with hookers, beer, and firearms