PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Holcomb 24/31 308 9.9 1 1

sba
12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Losman should have to beat him out next year.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Sure. They're both under contract, take it into training camp.

Devin
12-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Yup. Losman is my boy, but next season he has to earn his job.

Das_Bills
12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Even though Iam a JP man I wanted to say even though alot of people hate it Holcomb had a great game. I just wish we would have won the games that really mattered

Novacane
12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Cleveland fans thought they had thier savior after the Pittsburg playoff games. KH will have games like this now and then and fool a lot of fans into thinking he can be a winning full time starter . He's a very good backup. Period

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:27 PM
A fight in camp is only right. Let the best man win the job. I think JP will win it out. But make him earn it.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Problem is still the OL. Either QB plays better behind a good OL.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:29 PM
This competition will only make JP a better player.

fabolouspaul
12-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm just glad both of them are on our team.

Michael82
12-24-2005, 03:30 PM
A fight in camp is only right. Let the best man win the job. I think JP will win it out. But make him earn it.
Good post. :bf1:

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I think part of the problem early in the season was JP came into the season as the starter. Not the best way to handle an unproven rookie.

Competition for a starting slot always brings the best out of a player.

Michael82
12-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I think part of the problem early in the season was JP came into the season as the starter. Not the best way to handle an unproven rookie.

Competition for a starting slot always brings the best out of a player.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I was shocked that he was handed the job. And I think the vets hated that too. Holcomb had the better camp and the better season. He should be offered a chance to compete for the job next year.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I was shocked that he was handed the job. And I think the vets hated that too. Holcomb had the better camp and the better season. He should be offered a chance to compete for the job next year.

I think he should as well. Still, I think JP will prove he is the better QB.

X-Era
12-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Outstanding idea, lets start a QB controversy, that way should win us at least one more game, set Losman back farther, and with any luck we can sh_t can the 07 season too.

Good call!

Hell if you can score 6 points a half against good teams, you should be able to go at least 6 and 10.

Holcomb is nothing more than a career backup. The only downside on Losman is that he wasnt Roth who could overcome a horrendous o-line and march us to the playoffs. Holcomb AINT a playoff or SB caliper QB, game over, discussion over, and decision over.

Philagape
12-24-2005, 03:43 PM
If JP is still struggling next summer, then go with Holcomb.

The_Philster
Keep in mind that JP was handed the job not after we signed Holcomb...but before we cut loose Drew...just some info to throw out there

Philagape
Problem is still the OL. Either QB plays better behind a good OL.

Holcomb had great protection today

X-Era
Good post. :bf1:

sad part is its likely to happen, its only when Kitna was permanently benched that Palmer lead his team to the playoffs.

BTW, Holcomb isnt even as good as Kitna.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Holcomb had great protection today

Precisely. JP could have had just as good of a game behind this line.

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 03:45 PM
JPera how do you know Losman is the real deal. We want the best guy in there that gives us best chance to win. If JP is better he'll prove it in camp. Nobody deserves a free ride.

Michael82
12-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Keep in mind that JP was handed the job not after we signed Holcomb...but before we cut loose Drew...just some info to throw out there
And that was a dumb idea too.

bledslow
12-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Cleveland fans thought they had thier savior after the Pittsburg playoff games. KH will have games like this now and then and fool a lot of fans into thinking he can be a winning full time starter . He's a very good backup. Period

i heard the same crap with steve young and rich gannon. too. give them a little time on the bench to watch and take note,a little bit of talent around them,and then the rest is history. i think holcomb can be like that. he probably wont be great,but he can be very very good. and you can win superbowls with very good qb's. they dont have to be great/hof'ers.

mean while,there are some guys you can tell that will never GET IT(jp losman) no matter how much they sit and watch/or play. this guy is god awful at nearly everything at the qb position.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:54 PM

Oh, I know. What kind of ******ed call was that? The kid had like 3 pro passes in his career.

The_Philster
12-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh, I know. What kind of ******ed call was that? The kid had like 3 pro passes in his career.
Personally, I wanted us to follow the McNair model..a few games his first year...few more than that his 2nd year and unquestioned starter his 3rd..and I do think he'll be ready for 2006

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Personally, I wanted us to follow the McNair model..a few games his first year...few more than that his 2nd year and unquestioned starter his 3rd..and I do think he'll be ready for 2006

Agreed.

HHURRICANE
12-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Outstanding idea, lets start a QB controversy, that way should win us at least one more game, set Losman back farther, and with any luck we can sh_t can the 07 season too.

Good call!

Hell if you can score 6 points a half against good teams, you should be able to go at least 6 and 10.

Holcomb is nothing more than a career backup. The only downside on Losman is that he wasnt Roth who could overcome a horrendous o-line and march us to the playoffs. Holcomb AINT a playoff or SB caliper QB, game over, discussion over, and decision over.

I totaly agree with this post. Right now we have nothing to play for but pride. We have won 5 games. Pulling JP earlier in the year did nothing but stunt his growth on the field. The irony is that this was Moulds call and now he probably won't even be here next year. What did we gain today by having Holcomb as the starter?! Absolutey nothing!!

STAMPY
12-24-2005, 04:13 PM
it is kinda funny Moulds had back to back great games with Holcomb at the helm.

RedEyE
12-24-2005, 04:14 PM

Good call!

What makes it a QB controversy when players are battling for the position. Competition will only make JP a better player. He has had to compete his entire career. I see no need to just give him the job.

I agree about Holcomb, but he is a seasoned veteran that can create a decent amount of competition so that JP is forced to improve his game. If he wants to start, beat out the vet. Otherwise we don't want his ass here anyway. This is exactly what Mularkey should have done before this season.

Watch and see, JP will take the job from Holcomb in camp. He has more than enough ability.

BAM
12-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Amen. There is no way in hell Losman should be handed the job again before next season. He needs to earn it.

Michael82
12-24-2005, 06:42 PM
What makes it a QB controversy when players are battling for the position. Competition will only make JP a better player. He has had to compete his entire career. I see no need to just give him the job.

I agree about Holcomb, but he is a seasoned veteran that can create a decent amount of competition so that JP is forced to improve his game. If he wants to start, beat out the vet. Otherwise we don't want his ass here anyway. This is exactly what Mularkey should have done before this season.

Watch and see, JP will take the job from Holcomb in camp. He has more than enough ability.
Excellent Post! :bf1: