X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Like I've been saying all year.....

The team is better with Holcomb at quarterback.

Screw the draft.

We finally won, against a good team, ON THE ROAD!

THANK YOU BILLS!

PS: Competition in training camp next year for starting quarterback job is the way to go.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Like I've been saying all year.....

Only a died in the wool Losmaniac can argue otherwise.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

It

doesn't

matter

Unless you don't care about the future, just a meaningless win.

As soon as it became apparent that we sucked this year -- quite a long time ago -- then every game became a preseason game for 2006. We're no better off today than yesterday.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Screw the draft.

THANK YOU BILLS!

PS: Competition in training camp next year for starting quarterback job is the way to go.
        Great post! It feels good doesn't it? (except to our resident armchair GM's I guess) You play to win right? I myself will take a win anytime it comes along... with arms wide open.

And as for your PS, if there isn't a competition next preseason, someone needs to be beheaded. Losman has shown nothing to secure his job as the starter.

That is all. Merry Christmas to everyone and GO BILLS NEXT WEEK AGAINST THE JETS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hoooo

Comment

• Fairway
          • Jul 2002

You can't explain that to brain dead posters

Comment

• vicmantak
            • Jun 2005

It seems that only smart fans know the real value of Kelly Holcomb.
            He was arguably the best off-season move this year.
            It's just insane how people are still claiming to sacrifice wins for hopefulness.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
            - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              Great post! It feels good doesn't it? (except to our resident armchair GM's I guess) You play to win right? I myself will take a win anytime it comes along... with arms wide open.

And as for your PS, if there isn't a competition next preseason, someone needs to be beheaded. Losman has shown nothing to secure his job as the starter.

That is all. Merry Christmas to everyone and GO BILLS NEXT WEEK AGAINST THE JETS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hoooo
              so what you're saying is we have no QB. Holcomb's old and can be counted on to not lose games but won't win too many. If JP isn't capable of starting, this team needs to be looking for a QB.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                so what you're saying is we have no QB. Holcomb's old and can be counted on to not lose games but won't win too many. If JP isn't capable of starting, this team needs to be looking for a QB.
                BINGO!!!

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                  • Dec 2005

Ive siad I wish we would lose out for a high pick and I have mixed emotions about todays win I dont want to seem like a flip flopper who switches sides on topics but todays win proved to me JP is right for the job. This kid is a blessing after the QBs weve had the last few years. DB was descent but IMO JP will eventually be better than him. So I guess we should enjoy the victory no matter which side of the fence were on and take pride in todays win.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Let's let all our FA's go and we can get some comp picks. Then fill out the roster with scrubs so we can get the top pick in the draft again. Repeat the process for a few more years and we'll be in great shape.

Comment

• kevinj22
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Screw the draft.

THANK YOU BILLS!

You have been saying it all year but you have to ask yourself "is Holcomb the future" the answer is NO. Until you realize that JP is the future of this team the better off we all will be, because we then don't have to read this crap anymore. Do you really think that the "KID" got a real chance this year? He needed to play every game win or lose, good or bad. That's the only way he will get better. He has to play and play and play. I still say that he will some day take this team to the Superbowl.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

based on what?

Point out ONE GAME this year in which Holcomb started, and played badly?

Hell, look at his stats.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kevinj22
                          You have been saying it all year but you have to ask yourself "is Holcomb the future" the answer is NO. Until you realize that JP is the future of this team the better off we all will be, because we then don't have to read this crap anymore. Do you really think that the "KID" got a real chance this year? He needed to play every game win or lose, good or bad. That's the only way he will get better. He has to play and play and play. I still say that he will some day take this team to the Superbowl.

Hes obviously not the future, but can he get this team to the playoffs? I think so.

Can he get us to the Superbowl? Who knows.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Just like you said about Nate huh, yet again. Burned for 11 catches against 3 recievers. I made sure to keep track this time so there would be no debate.

Holcomb played better then JP. So?

Holcomb is a career backup and isnt the answer. SO if your simply stating that Holcomb is currently playing better then JP........uhhh cool I guess. Holcomb isnt going to lead this team to the playoffs, and he certainly isnt the QB of the future. So while ill take a Bills win any day of the week......I agree this was nothing more then a glorified pre-season game.

There is a reason this guy rode the pine for 9 seasons or however long his been in the NFL. JP bailed him out against KC. Big deal. Im not advocating one QB over the other, Im simply saying your argument with Holcomb is as silly as the arguments you claim to be silly are for JP.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Course by your logic Eli Manning should be out the NFL. So Should Peyton and Favre given their first seasons.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X