PDA

View Full Version : Glad and Mad That We Won

DynaPaul
12-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Wow, what a stunner we pulled off in the Jungle and in a game that no one really thought we could win coming in with a lot of problems and a 0 - 6 road record. The defense played decent throughout the game but Special Teams pulled us through in the end with some awesome play by McGee.

All throughout the game I tried to not get too emotionally involved because I'd seen it all before: early leads, promising play, only to be met with disappointment in the 4th quarter. When the Bengals got the ball back with just under a minute I surely thought we'd go to overtime and lose another heartbreaker and then when McGee made the game saving play I was in disbelief and it took a few minutes for it to set in. Did I really see that from THIS team? (Hell, even Josh Reed made a tough key catch!)

When the players were walking off the field I was glad, our 5th win! But then it hit me - anger. Why the hell couldn't we have played like this earlier in the year I thought? Why couldn't our play calling have been better? Why couldn't our lockdown corner Clements have made a few plays like McGee did when we really needed them? Why couldn't Holcomb go deep in his other starts? (Jesus, we were going against the biggest ball hawk secondary in the league!) Ultimately, why couldn't our players show that kinda poise earlier in the year WHEN IT MATTERED?

The Good: Great passing offense, defense came up when it needed to, Special Teams were awesome, no disastrous trick plays, team showed poise in the end with the game on the line.

The Bad: Both lines still stink, McGahee still not running with conviction, Clements was AWOL.