losman2evans
12-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Who would be better at LT for us?

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Thomas, hands down.

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Mike Gandy. This team needs Guards, not tackles.

OpIv37
12-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I agree with F_L. Gandy has been a pleasant surprise. Not great, but better than expected and more consistent than the guards. If the right LT comes along for the right price, so be it, but I'd rather spend money on tackles at this point. Bennie the penalty is a waste of skin and Villarial is inconsistent.

vicmantak
12-25-2005, 07:17 AM
I would say Verba but next year is loaded by Tackles on FA.
Let's wait and see.
It would be lovely to see the "switch" of Mike Gandy and Jason Peters to the opposite sides but anyway Bills need depth.

X-Era
12-25-2005, 08:35 AM
I would say Verba but next year is loaded by Tackles on FA.
Let's wait and see.
It would be lovely to see the "switch" of Mike Gandy and Jason Peters to the opposite sides but anyway Bills need depth.

Im completely with you, I would LOVE the switch and it could keep Gandy as our RT for a bit longer when he loses a step. I think Gandy has been a bright suprise. The ENTIRE interior of the o-line needs overhauling. Id say keep Villarial but he has terrible focus in the red zone and it has cost us BIG.

TD is to blame, we lets Ruben go because we didnt like how many penalties he got, and we replace him with Bennie who isnt as good a blocker as Ruben and gets MORE penalties. Its exactly the TD, cheapo concept that has killed this team. Everytime you lose someone you need to UPGRADE or you get WORSE. It most likely cost more money, but so be it.

The_Philster
12-25-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with F_L. Gandy has been a pleasant surprise. Not great, but better than expected and more consistent than the guards. If the right LT comes along for the right price, so be it, but I'd rather spend money on tackles at this point. Bennie the penalty is a waste of skin and Villarial is inconsistent.
agreed ...I've been pleasantly surprised by Gandy...I hoped he'd do well and was cautiously optimistic that he would but he surpassed my expectations...I was just hoping he'd make it through the season

losman2evans
12-25-2005, 11:11 PM
So

Peters ? ? ? Gandy

or

Gandy ? ? ? Peters

Tra Thomas Gandy ? Villarial Peters ( get a FA center)

Now rookie offensive lineman never seem to make an impact so lets llok into free agency

Maybe Villarial for another year, Who would be available at Center and Guard?

Get rid of Mike Williams and use his salary to sign Hutchinson? Seattle may not have enough money to sign Alexander and Hutchinson.

Who is available at center in free agency? Too bad we ddn't get Damion Woody a couple years ago- Detroit got him

ParanoidAndroid
12-25-2005, 11:37 PM
There's LeCharles Bentley, but no way can we afford Thomas AND Bentley. That said, I would rather have Bentley.
Perhaps we get lucky in the draft this year and we get immediate help. Wouldn't that be nice for a change?
A tackle would be okay because we could slide Gandy in where he would be a monster IMO. We'll see what Preston can do with a full NFL offseason.

Peters-Gandy-Bentley-Villarreal-Rookie?
Hmmm...that doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling...unless, of course, the rookie wins the right to start and isn't just given the job. I don't THINK McNally works that way.
If Preston or Geisinger can emerge, that would be great. I'm not counting on that either.

Griz78
12-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I don't think Tra Thomas is a FA after this year, I believe he signed a new contract last year.