PDA

View Full Version : You realise we are 'that' team.

ICE74129
12-25-2005, 10:10 AM
We are 'That' team that I hated growing up. The team that really isn't good, but can from time to time upset other teams playoff runs, positioning etc. Never good enough to win our own division, make the playoffs etc. Hell not even good enough to win consistantly.

That is what we are, take a look at our 6 year history. And none of that will change until changes are made not only at the top, but in the locker room as well

ScottLawrence
12-25-2005, 11:18 AM
We are 'That' team that I hated growing up. The team that really isn't good, but can from time to time upset other teams playoff runs, positioning etc. Never good enough to win our own division, make the playoffs etc. Hell not even good enough to win consistantly.

That is what we are, take a look at our 6 year history. And none of that will change until changes are made not only at the top, but in the locker room as well

Stop whinning.

Enjoy the ****ing win.

NO question changes still have to be made, but this team isn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Mr. Cynical
12-25-2005, 12:59 PM
this team isn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

That's true...we are #2 in the Loser Division since 2001:

Saints: 35-44
Bills: 31-48
Cards: 27-52
Lions: 21-58

Go BILLS!

ublinkwescore
12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
where's the Bungals record at turd?

OpIv37
12-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Stop whinning.
Enjoy the ****ing win.
NO question changes still have to be made, but this team isn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

did you not watch the previous 14 games? This team is every bit as bad as it's made out to be. Talent at the skill positions, but no muscle at the workhorse positions is not a formula for success in the NFL. This team sucks and needs to be completely rebuilt. Yes, 2-3 **** seasons of rebuilding sucks, but take your pick: it's either 2-3 rebuilding seasons now followed by success, or 2-3 mediocre seasons before the rebuilding process starts and 2-3 rebuilding seasons before we're good.

Throne Logic
12-25-2005, 10:47 PM
it's either 2-3 rebuilding seasons now followed by success, or 2-3 mediocre seasons before the rebuilding process starts and 2-3 rebuilding seasons before we're good.

I agree there is some major rebuilding to do regarding the OL and DL. But I think that FA this off-season will offer some very solid options to help fix this problem a whole lot quicker than 2-3 years.

A good FA Center and LG will vastly improve this OL. Draft an OL to improve the reserve pool.

Change the defense to a 3-4 and our DL is suddenly pretty good. If one is available, draft a monster DL on Day 1 to backup and eventually replace Sam Adams.

As stated, we're solid at the skill positions. I'd like to keep E-Mo, but we'll have to wait and see what happens there. Same with Nate Clements. If either goes, bring in a reasonable FA replacement and draft another one somewhere. As I've said before, I refuse to give a stead-fast grade to any of the skill position players until the OL and DL are properly addressed. Just by fixing our lines, we may find a half-dozen pro-bowlers emerge. Especially in the ranks of the secondary and the receiving corp.

I could deal with MM, so long as new and experienced coordinators are hired and they are given control over their squads. The problem is, I see MM having serious issues with giving up control over the offense. I'm telling you - Bobby April. He'll take the Marv Levy approach to coaching and hire relatively self-sufficient coordinators.

That's my take, anyway.

mikemac2001
12-26-2005, 03:15 AM
if we didnt give NE CAR MIA wins look at us, We arnt that far away. we arnt there though and maybe the changes will put us there but when Next Year idk if we could finish some games. this was one of the first games in awhile i saw the bills counter big drives by the opp.

i didnt want bills to win but they really played a solid game, bengals Offense is tough but D made the play to seal the game

there not there but they have talent and maybe adding some Oline, Dline help and getting spikes back should help next year

Sadibed
12-26-2005, 03:53 AM
We are worse then "that team". "That team" was bad because they had mediocre players and coaching.

Ingtar33
12-26-2005, 02:48 PM
we're the Cards... it hurts me to the bone to say it but we're the cards.

We've been the cards ever since TD took over.

DaBills
12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
we're the Cards... it hurts me to the bone to say it but we're the cards.

We've been the cards ever since TD took over.
Denny Green = MM. Oh ****. We ARE in trouble. lol.

As far as rebuilding, I'm sick of rebuilding now in what seems like every year since Jim Kelly left. (Remember Todd Collins, heir-apparent?) Each year, we get pumped up with thoughts of the FA crop that's going to replace the previous year's 'FA answers', and look how it's turned out. While building the OL line is critical, it's more important to have the right GM.

:afro:

ScottLawrence
12-26-2005, 09:08 PM
did you not watch the previous 14 games? This team is every bit as bad as it's made out to be. Talent at the skill positions, but no muscle at the workhorse positions is not a formula for success in the NFL. This team sucks and needs to be completely rebuilt. Yes, 2-3 **** seasons of rebuilding sucks, but take your pick: it's either 2-3 rebuilding seasons now followed by success, or 2-3 mediocre seasons before the rebuilding process starts and 2-3 rebuilding seasons before we're good.

Completely rebuild the team if your a moron.

I did watch the previous 14 games, most of them with a green, raw, young quarterback starting for us, and being one of the main reasons for why the team doesn't win.

All this team needs is to add a couple interior O-Lineman, and a solid 2 gap DT to play next to Sam Adams.

If you call that rebuilding, then I agree, but it doesn't take 2-3 years to do that.

We are 5-10 on the season, and 4 of those wins are with Holcomb starting.

Spiderweb
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM
That's true...we are #2 in the Loser Division since 2001:

Saints: 35-44
Bills: 31-48
Cards: 27-52
Lions: 21-58

Go BILLS!

How sad.....When 1999 ended, the Bills were the 90's winningest AFC team, with a decade long record of 103-57.

How far we've fallen.

ublinkwescore
12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
again, where's the Bungles record?