PDA

View Full Version : The most important firing

FirstDownBills
12-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Will be TD. Because everyone is forgetting if they bring in a new GM they're going to want to hire their own coach so that pretty much cans MM coming back next season. Then we can start drafting some damn linemen! I want to be the Seahawks of this year, next year.

Michael82
12-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Will be TD. Because everyone is forgetting if they bring in a new GM they're going to want to hire their own coach so that pretty much cans MM coming back next season. Then we can start drafting some damn linemen! I want to be the Seahawks of this year, next year.
After yesterday, it won't be that severe. TD will most likely be gone, but it will be an inhouse promotion. :ill:

GM Tom Modrak
HC Mike Mularkey
DC ___________
OC ___________

ublinkwescore
12-25-2005, 02:01 PM
no one can say for sure what exactly will happen, but there do need to be some heads rolling at one bills drive - that much is apparent.

dolphinssuck
12-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah I feel MM will still be in Buffalo next season:rage: and TD goes. But maybe if TD goes and we get a better GM MM will start showing improvement. MM needs to do alot better on play calling which has hurt several times this season. But maybe Im wrong and MM gets fired which would put me on:cloud9: .

Nighthawk
12-25-2005, 09:11 PM
After yesterday, it won't be that severe. TD will most likely be gone, but it will be an inhouse promotion. :ill:
GM Tom Modrak
HC Mike Mularkey
DC ___________
OC ___________

That is why that win was so devastating to the outlook of this franchise. It probably means that MM will stay and that is not good. If Modrak is the next GM, we might as well keep TD because they are one in the same. Let's not forget who is in charge of scouting the guys we have been drafting...MODRAK. With that said, how is he an improvement over TD????

Throne Logic
12-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, the good news is that we'll find out in about eight days.

Regardless of what does come down from Ralph's office, I'll be happy when the dust settles and we can start focusing on the fixing part.

jpdex12
12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
That is why that win was so devastating to the outlook of this franchise. It probably means that MM will stay and that is not good. If Modrak is the next GM, we might as well keep TD because they are one in the same. Let's not forget who is in charge of scouting the guys we have been drafting...MODRAK. With that said, how is he an improvement over TD????

We all know that TD had the final say in the draft, but Modrak has scouted some good players and I bet TD passed up on a few that Modrak would have chosen. None of us fans really know. Keep an open mind who knows. At this point, I am ready for any change that might bring some sort of anticipation to next season and fixing what is wrong with this team.

Throne Logic
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
We all know that TD had the final say in the draft, but Modrak has scouted some good players and I bet TD passed up on a few that Modrak would have chosen. None of us fans really know. Keep an open mind who knows. At this point, I am ready for any change that might bring some sort of anticipation to next season and fixing what is wrong with this team.

Very good point regarding TD following / not following advice.

I agree that change is necessary, if only to spark some much needed enthusiasm. The question is how much change?

jpdex12
12-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Very good point regarding TD following / not following advice.

I agree that change is necessary, if only to spark some much needed enthusiasm. The question is how much change?

Maybe a good point to think about with Modrak is that he may be able to see what has gone wrong with the team because he has been an eye on the inside and he certainly knows more about the team right now than someone new coming into the situation. I know that we need change, but I am also skepticle(sp) about gutting the team completely and having this purification process take too long with someone new...unless it's Jim Kelly!LOL

I know that Modrak came from Philly, but does anyone have the quick low-down on him so I don't have to spend an hour looking it up on the web?

jpdex12
12-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Maybe a good point to think about with Modrak is that he may be able to see what has gone wrong with the team because he has been an eye on the inside and he certainly knows more about the team right now than someone new coming into the situation. I know that we need change, but I am also skepticle(sp) about gutting the team completely and having this purification process take too long with someone new...unless it's Jim Kelly!LOL

I know that Modrak came from Philly, but does anyone have the quick low-down on him so I don't have to spend an hour looking it up on the web?

Here's some background info for those interested:

Joined the Bills organization on June 5, 2001 when he was named Director of Football Operations...was promoted to Assistant General Manager on June 11, 2002…is entering his 27th year working in the NFL…prior to coming to Buffalo, served as the Director of Football Operations for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1998 through May of 2001...began his career in the league in 1973 as a part-time scout for the Pittsburgh Steelers and then worked with the BLESTO scouting service before joining the Steelers on a full-time basis in 1978...from 1979-86, served as the Steelers' pro scout before being elevated to the position of director of pro scouting for two seasons...ran the Steelers college personnel evaluation department for nine seasons before taking the job with the Eagles in the spring of 1998...during Modrak's nine years as college scouting director, the Steelers' draft produced no fewer than eight Pro Bowl players; in his 20 years there, the Steelers reached the playoffs 11 times and played in Super Bowl XXX against Dallas…was also with the Steelers when they defeated the Rams in Super Bowl IV…a graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), Modrak received his bachelor's degree in geology in 1965...in 1972, he earned a master's degree in physical education from the University of West Virginia...Tom and his wife, Sandy, have two daughters, Stephanie and Erin.

vicmantak
12-26-2005, 01:16 AM
It's obvious who is the most important firing from the top but from the bottom it should be MIKE WILLIAMS, BENNIE ANDERSON and CHRIS VILLAREAL...

FirstDownBills
12-26-2005, 10:05 AM
The only one on that line that deserves to stay is C Trey Teague.

The_Philster
12-26-2005, 10:15 AM
The only one on that line that deserves to stay is C Trey Teague.
Not...Teague should be one of the first to go, IMO...Preston will be at C in 2006. The tackles can both stay as they are but the other 3 need to go :down:

HHURRICANE
12-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Not...Teague should be one of the first to go, IMO...Preston will be at C in 2006. The tackles can both stay as they are but the other 3 need to go :down:

Philster we agree on something!! Teague had better be gone because he is down right awful. Peters is by far the best player on the line!!

vicmantak
12-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Unbelievable but Bills should build the OL surrounding Jason Peters...