PDA

View Full Version : Boller Finally Coming Around

Bmax
12-25-2005, 10:03 PM
The ravens were tied with the vikes after kyle boller beat the blitz and zinged a 50 yd td pass to rookie mark clayton. The two are developing the kind of late season chemistry that coaches dream about .

Meanwhile in buffalo the bills look to start 10 yr plus journey kelly holcolmb next week against the hapless jets. Brian bilick whose job is in jeporady even after winning a super bowl in 2000, is going with the young boller to see if he is the guy even after he continually struggled in his thrid season.

Mularkey has ruined Jp's confidence and some of the vets are also part of the problem. Sure losman maybe cocky but he is the guy that is going to be here not
holcolmb. I know this is a win now league, but the bills are miles away from winning a division let alone a wild card berth.

Plus isn't the goal to win a super bowl. Don't quote me that trent dilfer non sense, that was a exception to the franchise qb rule. Some may say that losman is no franchise qb .. That may be true but we know for sure that holcolmb is not. Let's not ruin this franchise again by stirring up anther qb controversy. Give the kid the ball and let him play..

Check out boller stats his rookie year and this season... along with JP's

Boller-1st season- 1260ydspass..7td 9 int- 51% 62.4 rating- 9 STARTS
Losman-1ST SEASON-130 yds pass.. 8td-8int 49% 64.9 rating 8 starts

Boller season 3-1359-8td-9 int-59% 71.9 rating

Translation.... it takes time..

We got two choice let jp play or bring in a quality vet...And if you look at the choices they just ain't there....

Oh by the way Boller is curretly 22-31 259 3 td 1 int.......go ravens....

Go Bills

Bmax

Devin
12-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Boller looked great last week, and is on fire tonight! Course I think that just buys him another season. Time will tell.

Almost every Rookie QB has issues, its simply ******ed to think hes going to be a bust based on this season. Anyone remember Peytons first year? JP has tons of potential and is by far the better QB. Holcomb has played (albiet 95% of the time on the bench) for 9 seasons there is a reason hes a bench warmer. I have no problem with Holcomb, and I am happy hes in a Bills uniform. However he isnt the answer.

Losman is only gonna get better with experience which he has shown he can do, and to be blunt we are just going to have to suck it up and deal with it until he does.

Mahdi
12-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Great Post .....lets see how patient the Bills and Bills fans can be with JP.

Nighthawk
12-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Just another example of how the Bills must be patient with JP. I see more talent in JP than Boller has, but this moron of a HC wants to waste valuable playing time on a journeyman QB. Makes no sense to me...

Mitchy moo
12-25-2005, 11:03 PM
NFL - Never For Long

Our real problems lie at the top. TD has basically thrown this season of grooming JP away and in an attempt to try to save his job and Mularkey's by starting KH.

I was really disappointed that we won simply because it may give MM another season and not invoke the changes necessary to be successful.

I really don't feel that JP has been given a fair shake and after this your in your out deal is quite trying. If you hand someone a job, pay them and tell them this is your position well their hired. Right now we have just told JP your fired and to sit down while a 10 year vet. goes through his motions.

I think that TD is a goner and the new GM will evaluate everyone from top to bottom, including MM. MM will probably stay on in some other capacity but end up being demoted to some other position to force him out (talent scout....). MM is dumb as a bag of rocks and TD is just a better salesman. Losers go home.

Philagape
12-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Eli ... Carson Palmer ... Drew Brees .... Elway .... Peyton .... the list continues.

Lexwhat
12-26-2005, 02:19 AM
2 good games against the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings doesn't necessarily mean he's improving. However, if he does well in Cleveland next week it'll probally buy him more time for next season.

dolphinssuck
12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Boller maybe improving but still has alot of work in order to become a good QB. Boller has very little time left IMO to prove himself before he loses his job as starter in Baltimore.

Bmax
12-26-2005, 01:19 PM
He has played wellthe last three weeks of the season .. Which is huge for a young qb. Plus the vets are behind him giving him praise and confidence all that helps him going into next season.

Jp could use a dose of confidence going into next year when it appears he will be competing against holcolmb.

Bmax

Dozerdog
12-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately for the Ravens, they had a Super Bowl Defense and 2000 yard RB deteriorate while waiting for Boller to string together a decent month the last 3 seasons.

Had they kept Dilfer or another adequate vet to guide the team while he developed, they would have been deep into the playoffs the past few seasons. Maybe even given the chance to give the Pats a run for their money one of the past 4 seasons.

Slim
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I made this thread last week...most people bashed me

ICE74129
12-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Look, The reality is it takes years for a QB to develop and you can't get around it. for all of Palmers success this year, he is the first to say he is far from being where he needs to be and it showed Sunday.

Look at San Diego. They made the stupid move and thought Brees was a bust. They wasted a high first on Philip Rivers and should have spend it on an Offensive lineman instead.

I hope Buffalo stays the course like Baltimore and Detroit has. Yeah harrington isn't going to work out there, but at least he has had some shot at trying