• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Just to be fair, Lets criticize Holcomb a bit

Against the Bengals, he went 24/31 for 308 1 TD and 1 int.

Now, there is NO denying he made plays all day. But when it counted, iin the red zone he THREW for NO td's and 1 int.

In fact, in yet another game (NE) against a very good team, he moved the ball many times into the red zone and ended the half up only 6 points. in 3 trips inthe 1st half we get 2 FG's and an int? We were only up 3 points on NE at the half. If you want to be a playoff or SB caliper team, you arent gonna win with FG's, and you wont win without being able to throw TD's. In fact, at the end of the game Cin had a chance to win, it was McGee who killed it. If Cin had got the TD and won, you easily could have pointed to the 1st half with lots of "management" and little points.

I think its just proved that he is a good game manager but NOT a playoff or SB caliper QB. He doesnt have it in him and never will.

Thanks, but no thanks. JP threw 3 TD's in the 1st half against the Fins and buried them, unfortunately, the team let him down and blew that big of a lead.

Whether they only play for Holcomb or not, JP is the better option. and has the upside to lead us to the playoffs and beyond. Holcomb has NO upside and the past 10 years of QB's who merely manage a game proves that it wont do jack squat for THIS team.

Let them compete it out in TC, if JP wins, the HC should label him the starter and then make sure the team gets and STAYS behind him. And we would have both a player who ha sthe talent and a team that plays when he is on the field.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Just to be fair, Lets criticize Holcomb a bit

he's got a silly southern accent....

it comes down to who is the best QB...I want to win tomorrow...not 3 years from now.

btw, in your sig?? Moulds is still our best receiver...you can remove the walker.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

btw, in your sig?? Moulds is still our best receiver...you can remove the walker.
      and replace it with "$$$$$"
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lynobx
        • Jan 2005

I am simply amazed that anyone could look at Holcomb's 10 mediocre years in the league and think that we will ever be anything better than an 8-8 team with him at the controls, while writing off Losman after all of 8 starts.

If JP is not the answer, we need to go in another direction from Holcomb, who is clearly a nice backup, but nothing else.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
          Your rebirth can't hurt
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by lynobx
          I am simply amazed that anyone could look at Holcomb's 10 mediocre years in the league and think that we will ever be anything better than an 8-8 team with him at the controls, while writing off Losman after all of 8 starts.

If JP is not the answer, we need to go in another direction from Holcomb, who is clearly a nice backup, but nothing else.

Keep Holcomb as a backup. Some people on here think he's secretly the next Brady and just needs a full season of play to show it.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
          Playoff Record: 0-0
          Super Bowl Appearances: 0
          Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• eee1776
            • Jul 2005

I heard on a recent interview with the coach he said that the 2006 starting QB for the bills was not on the team yet. anyone else here him say that?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lynobx

good post- I said pretty much the exact same thing in another thread a couple days ago. JP should be playing so at least we know if he's our guy or not.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

Here is a guy that couldn't win the starting job and keep it in cleveland !!!!!!

any questions ?

Go JP

GO BILLS

Bmax

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
                  Here is a guy that couldn't win the starting job and keep it in cleveland !!!!!!

any questions ?

Go JP

GO BILLS

Bmax
                  Holcomb threw for five touchdowns and a career-high 413 yards in Cleveland's 58-48 loss at Paul Brown Stadium last season.

He was a key last year when Cleveland shat this offensive performance out of their collective a$$ and STILL DIDN'T KEEP THE JOB! It's not time to erect a statue in his honor yet.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jp-era

Now, there is NO denying he made plays all day. But when it counted, iin the red zone he THREW for NO td's and 1 int.

In fact, in yet another game (NE) against a very good team, he moved the ball many times into the red zone and ended the half up only 6 points. in 3 trips inthe 1st half we get 2 FG's and an int? We were only up 3 points on NE at the half. If you want to be a playoff or SB caliper team, you arent gonna win with FG's, and you wont win without being able to throw TD's. In fact, at the end of the game Cin had a chance to win, it was McGee who killed it. If Cin had got the TD and won, you easily could have pointed to the 1st half with lots of "management" and little points.

I think its just proved that he is a good game manager but NOT a playoff or SB caliper QB. He doesnt have it in him and never will.

Thanks, but no thanks. JP threw 3 TD's in the 1st half against the Fins and buried them, unfortunately, the team let him down and blew that big of a lead.

Whether they only play for Holcomb or not, JP is the better option. and has the upside to lead us to the playoffs and beyond. Holcomb has NO upside and the past 10 years of QB's who merely manage a game proves that it wont do jack squat for THIS team.

Let them compete it out in TC, if JP wins, the HC should label him the starter and then make sure the team gets and STAYS behind him. And we would have both a player who ha sthe talent and a team that plays when he is on the field.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

I don't know what game you were watching. Did you not notice the 3 Yard Touchdown Pass to Lee Evans?

KH also ran for a TD.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        I don't know what game you were watching. Did you not notice the 3 Yard Touchdown Pass to Lee Evans?

KH also ran for a TD.
                        I think I would have rephrased this, "I dont know which PLAY you werent watching". This is true, my mistake, he did throw the Td to Evans, I stand corrected. But as far as the rest of the GAME, and especially the 1st half, the criticism STANDS! 6 points and a INT out of 3 trips to the red zone wont get you to the playoffs.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I think I would have rephrased this, "I dont know which PLAY you werent watching". This is true, my mistake, he did throw the Td to Evans, I stand corrected. But as far as the rest of the GAME, and especially the 1st half, the criticism STANDS! 6 points and a INT out of 3 trips to the red zone wont get you to the playoffs.
                          I don't know what season you are watching, but Holcombe has earned his playing time.

He's got 3 of the Bills victories and was knocked out with the lead in a 4th. He also played well for the most part vs New England in New England.

JP has lost ugly vs some pathetic teams. Now I do beleive JP is the future of the team, but geesh, he has to EARN the starting job.

Win it fair and square, JP

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            I don't know what season you are watching, but Holcombe has earned his playing time.

He's got 3 of the Bills victories and was knocked out with the lead in a 4th. He also played well for the most part vs New England in New England.

JP has lost ugly vs some pathetic teams. Now I do beleive JP is the future of the team, but geesh, he has to EARN the starting job.

Win it fair and square, JP
                            Just goes to prove there are ton of people who will never get the "developing" your young stud QB concept. Its only worked for about a dozen teams now, but why not go with your career backup?

Why play your guy who has upside and is just as good as your other option when your other option is a 10 year backup that will never get any better. Makes sense to me, if I was in bizarro world.

Comment

• STAMPY
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Sep 2003

How the **** do you know he is a stud QB? Get off his nuts already guy

Comment

Working...
                              X