X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Jason Peters

I watched the Bills/Bengals game over again and focused only on Peters on every offensive play and its clear that this guy is going to be a Pro Bowler. He never allowed anyone within 5 yards of Holcomb. There was only one play where he took Justin Smith completely out of the play but Holcomb took too long and Smith came back and sacked him. Other than that Peters looked like a veteran All-Pro. He should definitely be moved to LT next year. Not to mention he is awesome at run blocking as well.

Next year should look like this:

Peters-Gandy-Bentley-Rookie-Rookie
    OR
    Peters-Hutchinson-Rookie-Rookie-Gandy

Would it be possible cap wise to sign Bentley and Hutch? Assuming we restructure
    Moulds, trade or release Clements and release MW?
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Re: Jason Peters

Duke Preston should be in the mix somewhere. Is Duke still playing C or just RG.
    Speaking of RG, is Vallariel still under contract? I highly doubt we cut him.....
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Veteran All-Pro? Like Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, or Jonathan Ogden? I don't know about that...

However, he's been a pleasant surprise and I think he has a lot of upside. Somebody to definitely keep around, unlike Mike Williams...

Jon

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        Veteran All-Pro? Like Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, or Jonathan Ogden? I don't know about that...

However, he's been a pleasant surprise and I think he has a lot of upside. Somebody to definitely keep around, unlike Mike Williams...

Jon
        Well thats what he looked like against Cinci. Obviously he has made some mistakes throughout the season but they are few and far between. If you have the Cinci game taped take a look at it.

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

Yes peters is the future at LT.. how about

Peters,Gandy,preston,bentley,rookie-Marcus mcneil

That would be my choice....

Villiari could be a backup along with gesinger
          mcfarland and big mike for one season

Go Bills

Bmax

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Peters should get a long term deal I hope.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
              Yes peters is the future at LT.. how about

Peters,Gandy,preston,bentley,rookie-Marcus mcneil

That would be my choice....

Villiari could be a backup along with gesinger
              mcfarland and big mike for one season

Go Bills

Bmax
              I wouldn't have Mike Williams clean my house let alone back up anybody. This loser should be cut!! PERIOD.

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

Four points:

1) Gandy: Why the hell many people want to move him to Guard? His NFL was almost ruined when he was moved to G in Chicago. Please, just check his profile (dimensions) and background. It's just insane to see this kind of "ideas"

2) Peters: He is arguably the "guy" to surround next year and it should be from the LEFT side.

3) Williams: He urgently need "experience" at G... but please... not as a Buffalo Bill.

4) FA: OL players really takes time to "develop" and Bills should never develop starters again. No contender team has this kind of "luxury" and Bills might develop depth expecting starters. Please, no top draft picks on OLs again.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

Villariel has been hurt. and he had teh phantom stomach virus thingy... I recall TD saying he was the strongest player on the team.. IMO he is a starter until we are in a position to be picky.. And that time is not next season... Isn't bently gonna be tagged by New Orleans? The tag omn a center isn't that bad.. Im just sayin, because he is highly regarded young up & coming center... Too bad Teague never could make it at LT or LT.
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                    • Jan 2004

LT-Peters LG-Rookie/FA C-Preston RG-Rookie/FA RT-Gandy

Or

LT-Peters LG-Gandy(Played Guard in Chicago) C-Preston RG-Rookie/FA RT-Rookie/FA
                    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

gandy has done nothing to deserve losing his LT spot.. imho.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        I agree. He's been solid for the most part and will nly get better in time. He's also been more durable than Jennings. Money well spent.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          No doubt. Gandy has played very well...but ...I think that Peters has more physical tools than Gandy and will be a better Tackle than him by next year.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by vicmantak
                            Four points:

1) Gandy: Why the hell many people want to move him to Guard? His NFL was almost ruined when he was moved to G in Chicago. Please, just check his profile (dimensions) and background. It's just insane to see this kind of "ideas"

2) Peters: He is arguably the "guy" to surround next year and it should be from the LEFT side.

3) Williams: He urgently need "experience" at G... but please... not as a Buffalo Bill.

4) FA: OL players really takes time to "develop" and Bills should never develop starters again. No contender team has this kind of "luxury" and Bills might develop depth expecting starters. Please, no top draft picks on OLs again.
                            In 2003, the NE Patriots started a 5th Round rookie named Dan Koppen at Center. The won the SB that year. If the bills take a defensive player with their 1st Round pick, I wouldn't have a problem if they took a OT or a OG with their 2nd Round pick. The bills realistically aren't going to contenders next year: I don't see a problem drafting OL early in the draft and taking a year or 2 to develop them.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Spiderweb
                              ....formerly OhBF
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Darth Krumrie
                              Villariel has been hurt. and he had teh phantom stomach virus thingy... I recall TD saying he was the strongest player on the team.. IMO he is a starter until we are in a position to be picky.. And that time is not next season... Isn't bently gonna be tagged by New Orleans? The tag omn a center isn't that bad.. Im just sayin, because he is highly regarded young up & coming center... Too bad Teague never could make it at LT or LT.
                              Villerial to this fan looks old, broken down, and fading fast. To be honest, he has been an average to maybe slightly better than average if anything, for his career. What our offensive line needs are two solid guards. Gandy is no star, but he has been solid, and which many here should acknowledge since he was widely bashed when signed and for some time afterwards.

As for center, Teague again, is no star but Preston to date has shown nothing that says he's ready for prime time. Sure, he's played guard, but very poorly at best to date, yet he's earned another shot, this time hopefully it will be at center and he will succeed.

Say goodbye to Anderson and Villerial. Mike Williams, who looked late last year as if he was finally going to pay some dividends on our huge investment in him, has slipped so far that if he doesn't rework his contract in the Bills favor, he's finished. The only reason I didn't say cut him is that his cap number will still loom huge next year if we cut him, so a favorable deal (highly unlikely though) may be best for all parties concerned. If he and Moulds can't do new deals, we're going to be eating a lot of dead cap space next year.....
                              Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                              own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X