PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters

Mahdi
12-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I watched the Bills/Bengals game over again and focused only on Peters on every offensive play and its clear that this guy is going to be a Pro Bowler. He never allowed anyone within 5 yards of Holcomb. There was only one play where he took Justin Smith completely out of the play but Holcomb took too long and Smith came back and sacked him. Other than that Peters looked like a veteran All-Pro. He should definitely be moved to LT next year. Not to mention he is awesome at run blocking as well.

Next year should look like this:

Peters-Gandy-Bentley-Rookie-Rookie
OR
Peters-Hutchinson-Rookie-Rookie-Gandy

Would it be possible cap wise to sign Bentley and Hutch? Assuming we restructure
Moulds, trade or release Clements and release MW?

Marvelous
12-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Duke Preston should be in the mix somewhere. Is Duke still playing C or just RG.
Speaking of RG, is Vallariel still under contract? I highly doubt we cut him.....

Mudflap1
12-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Veteran All-Pro? Like Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, or Jonathan Ogden? I don't know about that...

However, he's been a pleasant surprise and I think he has a lot of upside. Somebody to definitely keep around, unlike Mike Williams...

Jon

Mahdi
12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Veteran All-Pro? Like Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, or Jonathan Ogden? I don't know about that...

However, he's been a pleasant surprise and I think he has a lot of upside. Somebody to definitely keep around, unlike Mike Williams...

Jon
Well thats what he looked like against Cinci. Obviously he has made some mistakes throughout the season but they are few and far between. If you have the Cinci game taped take a look at it.

Bmax
12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Yes peters is the future at LT.. how about

Peters,Gandy,preston,bentley,rookie-Marcus mcneil

That would be my choice....

Villiari could be a backup along with gesinger
mcfarland and big mike for one season

Go Bills

Bmax

Devin
12-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Peters should get a long term deal I hope.

HHURRICANE
12-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes peters is the future at LT.. how about

Peters,Gandy,preston,bentley,rookie-Marcus mcneil

That would be my choice....

Villiari could be a backup along with gesinger
mcfarland and big mike for one season

Go Bills

Bmax

I wouldn't have Mike Williams clean my house let alone back up anybody. This loser should be cut!! PERIOD.

vicmantak
12-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Four points:

1) Gandy: Why the hell many people want to move him to Guard? His NFL was almost ruined when he was moved to G in Chicago. Please, just check his profile (dimensions) and background. It's just insane to see this kind of "ideas"

2) Peters: He is arguably the "guy" to surround next year and it should be from the LEFT side.

3) Williams: He urgently need "experience" at G... but please... not as a Buffalo Bill.

4) FA: OL players really takes time to "develop" and Bills should never develop starters again. No contender team has this kind of "luxury" and Bills might develop depth expecting starters. Please, no top draft picks on OLs again.

Marvelous
12-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Villariel has been hurt. and he had teh phantom stomach virus thingy... I recall TD saying he was the strongest player on the team.. IMO he is a starter until we are in a position to be picky.. And that time is not next season... Isn't bently gonna be tagged by New Orleans? The tag omn a center isn't that bad.. Im just sayin, because he is highly regarded young up & coming center... Too bad Teague never could make it at LT or LT.

ScottLawrence
12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
LT-Peters LG-Rookie/FA C-Preston RG-Rookie/FA RT-Gandy

Or

LT-Peters LG-Gandy(Played Guard in Chicago) C-Preston RG-Rookie/FA RT-Rookie/FA

Tatonka
12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
gandy has done nothing to deserve losing his LT spot.. imho.

justasportsfan
12-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree. He's been solid for the most part and will nly get better in time. He's also been more durable than Jennings. Money well spent.

Mahdi
12-26-2005, 10:38 PM
No doubt. Gandy has played very well...but ...I think that Peters has more physical tools than Gandy and will be a better Tackle than him by next year.

Captain Obvious
12-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Four points:

1) Gandy: Why the hell many people want to move him to Guard? His NFL was almost ruined when he was moved to G in Chicago. Please, just check his profile (dimensions) and background. It's just insane to see this kind of "ideas"

2) Peters: He is arguably the "guy" to surround next year and it should be from the LEFT side.

3) Williams: He urgently need "experience" at G... but please... not as a Buffalo Bill.

4) FA: OL players really takes time to "develop" and Bills should never develop starters again. No contender team has this kind of "luxury" and Bills might develop depth expecting starters. Please, no top draft picks on OLs again.

In 2003, the NE Patriots started a 5th Round rookie named Dan Koppen at Center. The won the SB that year. If the bills take a defensive player with their 1st Round pick, I wouldn't have a problem if they took a OT or a OG with their 2nd Round pick. The bills realistically aren't going to contenders next year: I don't see a problem drafting OL early in the draft and taking a year or 2 to develop them.

Spiderweb
12-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Villariel has been hurt. and he had teh phantom stomach virus thingy... I recall TD saying he was the strongest player on the team.. IMO he is a starter until we are in a position to be picky.. And that time is not next season... Isn't bently gonna be tagged by New Orleans? The tag omn a center isn't that bad.. Im just sayin, because he is highly regarded young up & coming center... Too bad Teague never could make it at LT or LT.

Villerial to this fan looks old, broken down, and fading fast. To be honest, he has been an average to maybe slightly better than average if anything, for his career. What our offensive line needs are two solid guards. Gandy is no star, but he has been solid, and which many here should acknowledge since he was widely bashed when signed and for some time afterwards.

As for center, Teague again, is no star but Preston to date has shown nothing that says he's ready for prime time. Sure, he's played guard, but very poorly at best to date, yet he's earned another shot, this time hopefully it will be at center and he will succeed.

Say goodbye to Anderson and Villerial. Mike Williams, who looked late last year as if he was finally going to pay some dividends on our huge investment in him, has slipped so far that if he doesn't rework his contract in the Bills favor, he's finished. The only reason I didn't say cut him is that his cap number will still loom huge next year if we cut him, so a favorable deal (highly unlikely though) may be best for all parties concerned. If he and Moulds can't do new deals, we're going to be eating a lot of dead cap space next year.....

tampabay25690
12-27-2005, 05:38 AM

You are very right.................Peters and Gandy will be our OT next year.......Preston will be center our Guard. It looks like our inside line will need to be changed...ANd I think we are fine....I think if we give these guys 1 more year in the system we will be fine.......It would be nice if Mike Williams takes a paycut and works at Guard then I think we need 1 G and that would be a great step in a new direction.....

Mahdi
12-27-2005, 06:26 AM
You are very right.................Peters and Gandy will be our OT next year.......Preston will be center our Guard. It looks like our inside line will need to be changed...ANd I think we are fine....I think if we give these guys 1 more year in the system we will be fine.......It would be nice if Mike Williams takes a paycut and works at Guard then I think we need 1 G and that would be a great step in a new direction.....
MW and Preston have been part of the problem not the solution on the O-line. We need to upgrade the interior O-line with solid players from FA and Draft. The only 2 keepers IMO are Peters and Gandy. They are the only 2 who have done their jobs for the most part and deserve to start next year.

Forward_Lateral
12-27-2005, 06:45 AM
I hate to break it to you guys who want to have 2 rookies starting on the O-line, but if you think this year's line is bad, just wait until it has 2 rookies starting, and Duke Preston (Who's barely played at all). I can maybe see Preston being the center, but I highly doubt that there will be any other rookies starting on the O-line in 2006. To me, the line would be worse with 2 rookies on it.

vicmantak
12-27-2005, 07:00 AM
In 2003, the NE Patriots started a 5th Round rookie named Dan Koppen at Center. The won the SB that year. If the bills take a defensive player with their 1st Round pick, I wouldn't have a problem if they took a OT or a OG with their 2nd Round pick. The bills realistically aren't going to contenders next year: I don't see a problem drafting OL early in the draft and taking a year or 2 to develop them.
The story of Dan Koppen should not be considered to draft an OL early in the draft for the following reasons:
1) As you mentioned he was a 5th rounder
2) D. Woody was the projected C from the beginning of the season
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20030907_NE@BUF
3) D. Koppen is just a result of the best coaching staff (specially OL)

In other words he was a reach at 5th round pick and believe me that Patriots didn't draft him to be an immediate starter.

eee1776
12-27-2005, 10:07 AM
I think Mike willams is to tall to be a guard. I see Benley at center and Preston at right guard.

EDS
12-27-2005, 10:23 AM
While this eason has been an abject failure for the team, the good news is that they finally appear to have two solid starting offensive tackles. Peters and Gandy have both exceded expectations and should be the foundation for the line next year. Another plus is that they are both young and will be inexpensive at least for another season.

The best thing about this is that tackle is usually the most difficult and expensive position to fill.

I haven't watched Preston play - is it reasonable to expect him to start next season at center or guard and at least be average?